Start by marking “100% Wolf” as Want to Read:
100% Wolf

100% Wolf

Freddy Lupin is about to undergo his first transwolftation. It’s a rite of passage for every werewolf. For Freddy, however, it’s going to be the most embarrassing night of his life. Because Freddy is not going to turn into a wolf. He’s going to turn into a poodle. Thus begins a funny and fast-paced adventure, wherein Freddy is thrown out of his pack, uncovers the truth abo ...more
Published August 4th 2009 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about 100% Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100% Wolf

Kelley
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a cute book. It had its good points and its bad points, but what book doesn't? It started out a little slow with a lot of background on the author's take on werewolves, so the first three chapters I had the trudge through. The overuse of the word "foolster" seriously got on my nerves by about the 15th page and bathroom humor was way overdone. However, once the plot started it moved pretty quickly and held my attention. There was also a very excellent twist towards the end that I really ...more
Mari
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book has a GREAT hook for booktalking. The main character is a werewolf who has not yet changed, since werewolves don't transform for the first time until they are ten years and a month (121 months). Freddy is hoping to be a noble, strong, and brave werewolf like his father was. . .but instead, he turns into a poodle. To make matters worse, his awful cousins trap him in his canine form, then take him to be groomed and have his fur dyed pink. After escaping, Freddy uncovers a plot to destroy ...more
Beth
Nov 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this aloud to Earl and we both liked it. It's actually below his reading level, but it was still a fun book. Who doesn't love a pink werewolf???
Christine
** this just came in to the library. a kid who turns into a poodle instead of a werewolf, LOL. I have to read this! **
Eileen
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
100% fun! I like this interpretation of the werewolf legends ... there are specific rules and customs, and poor Freddy doesn't quite fit in--but he wants to! He wants to be a fierce hero like his father was (before he was shot with a silver bullet by a dangerous werewolf hunter).

Unfortunately, like everything else in Freddy's life, his first transwolfation doesn't go the way he hopes. To make matters worse, his awful cousins trap him and make him look even more ridiculous!

It's going to take the
Julie
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Many giggles.
Kristi
Feb 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
Ruthie
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
100% wolf by Jayne Lyons Shows Freddy wanted to become a wolf but when the time came of the full moon Freddy became a poodle. His cousins put on a charm necklace on Freddy when he was still a poodle. The charm necklace, wont let him turn back into a boy. Freddy run away and becomes friends with a dog out of the castle area and into the town. Freddy is trying to get back to the castle because there is a wolf hunter in the town trying to hunt out is wolf family. he and his dog friend got put in t ...more
Mohammad711
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 7th-grade-shelf
This book is just amazing, hilarious, and it sure made me get mad at the the putrid pair so much(the putrid pair is Freddy's snotty, evil, wicked, and dumb cousins). In this book felt extremely bad for Freddy since he brought disgrace to his family's name since he turned into a poodle, instead of a wolf. He was even turned pink the putrid pair. But at the end everything was better for Freddy obviously.
This book would have been better if the author made Freddy the strongest werewolf out of them
Theo
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is really good! Freddy Lupin is so excited to be able to have his first transwolfation but instead of transwolfing he transdogs into a poodle. It's funny! It's a genius idea to make him be a poodle and a wolf. Then his mean cousins Chariot and Hariot dye him pink and shave some of his fur off.

I like this book because his parents were able to survive the silver bullet shot by Dr. Cripp, so it wasn't too sad. My favorite part is when Freddy meets Batty because it's an interesting way of
Chris
Jun 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book ended up being a lot of fun. I was hesitant at first, thinking it's not quite as smart as I like my silly books to be, but it won me over. I think 3-5 graders will really enjoy it.

Freddy comes from a long line of proud werewolves, and he's looking to make Uncle Lord Hotspur--the Grand Growler of the werewolves--and the rest of his family proud. But during his first Transwolfation on his 125th moon (ten years and one month), instead of a ferocious wolf he turns into a poodle. In the out
Dariocuberoalbisa
This was about a boy rejected by his uncle. And his cousins are mean. And his father is dead. He was supposed to be an amazing wolf but he became a poodle. Because of his cousin's doing, he was a stray. A werewolf hunter realized he was wolf. He went to the pound with a friend. They escaped but his father was in a prison. His father tells him about how his uncle trapped him. So they rescued him too. They defeat the werewolf hunter. Reveal the secret of his uncle and even as a poodle he is going ...more
Ethan Finning
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I give 100% Wolf, by Jayne Lyons, a 9 from a scale of 1 -10. The reason why I rated the book a 9 is because the book had a good plot. In the plot Freddy was forced to save his werewolf family from Dr.Cripp a dangerous man that kills werewolves. Not only did he have to save his family , but he had to save himself because he turned into a poodle instead of a werewolf. After saving his family, his dad saved him from being a poodle forever. My favorite part of the book is when Freddy finally turned ...more
jgyweniverel
Jun 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves a good laugh
Shelves: own-book
At first I wondered why I downloaded this book, then I remembered the line about a boy who was suppose to turn into a wolf, turns into a --. Well you will have to read to find out what he turns into.

There are a lot of twist and turns in this book that are unexpected, and it keeps you wondering how "dripsy-whimpsy" is going to get out of them, but he is the PLAN MASTER.

I would read this book again and recommend it for a really good laugh.
Addison Children's Services
Feb 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chapter-books
Freddy is a werewolf from a long, proud line of werewolves. As he approaches the night of his first transwolfation he is very excited. Now that his father has been killed with a silver bullet by a werewolf hunter and his cousins are not able to become werewolves, Freddy stands to inherit the power of the werepack one day. Unfortunately on his big night, before the entire pack, Freddy transforms into a small poodle. Oh the shame. Very funny, action packed, boy book.
Syntha Green
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chapter-books
A rollicking adventure. Freddy Lupin, destined to be a great werewolf like his father, changes into a poodle instead. His wicked cousins take him to the groomer and have him dyed pink to torment him. He gets caught by the dog catcher and sent to the pound. Really can Freddy's life get any worse? I will be recommending this to patrons right and left, it is enormously entertaining.
Neirlave
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-book
Most people started with Harry Potter, the typical book series that introduces those people to the wonderful world of reading.

Mine was this book. I read it when I was in year four, and absolutely adored it. I was one of those people who actually bashed on books and despised the idea of having to spend hours reading one.

Thank you, lovely book, for starting it all.
Phoebe
Jun 22, 2010 rated it liked it
Australian import about a boy who belongs to a family of werewolves, and looks eagerly towards the imminent High Howling and his own first Transwolftation. When he transforms into a poodle, he can't live it down. Funny, silly, entertaining. 3rd grade and up.
Beverly
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Poor Freddy! On his 125th moon (or 10th birthday), he is supposed to turn into a fierce black wolf, but he turns into a poodle instead! This hilarious story follows the adventures of poor Freddy as he tries to find his way out of his unusual predicament.
Vicki
Sep 17, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: banyan-library
Kids ages 9-11 will like this. A little too much potty talk (how many times do I have to read the word "fart" or "poo?") for me, but a fun premise anyway...what would you do if you expected to turn into a wolf and ended up a poodle instead?
April
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ok ...go head and laugh at me giving this book 4 stars.. but when i read it a couple years ago all i can remember is that i couldnt put it down...it is kind of silly stupid.. but from what i remember... really cute..
Caitlin
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This may be the best we're wolf book I have ever read and I have read lots of were wolf books ☺
Marianna
May 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Middle grade and younger
Betsy
Aug 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
One Sentence Review: This was actually a great deal of fun and it makes for an excellent booktalk as well.
Aminah
Jun 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: group-book
I liked it but it was really plain to me. And I hated that the uncle made the dad disapear and that the uncle didn't care for his nephew why did he lock up his dad.
Jay
Jan 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
very funny book the ending was a little predictable but overall a very good book.
Kevin Minh-sang
Apr 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It's cute.
Harry Connolly
Jan 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My son wants me to give this 10 stars out of five. He said it was hilarious.
Matt Leo
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a few years ago but from what I remember it was pretty good :D
Bernice Seward
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun book. An elementary school librarian mentioned that she had a hard time keeping this book on the shelf because the children enjoyed it so much. I can see why kids like it:-)

• The Bag of Bones (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • Spunky Tells All
  • Wolven (Wolven, #1)
  • The Outlandish Adventures of Liberty Aimes
  • Big Bad Detective Agency
  • 12 Things to Do Before You Crash and Burn
  • Misty Gordon and the Mystery of the Ghost Pirates
  • Ignatius MacFarland: Frequenaut!
  • The Secret of Zoom
  • The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children
  • Knight for a Day (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #5)
  • Science Fair
  • Shadows of Camelot (Merlin's Legacy, #4)
  • There's a Dead Person Following My Sister Around
  • Apocalypse Bow Wow
  • Jake Ransom and the Skull King's Shadow
  • The Lost Island of Tamarind (Tamarind, #1)
  • My Big Mouth: 10 Songs I Wrote That Almost Got Me Killed