Start by marking “Wildflowers of Texas” as Want to Read:
Wildflowers of Texas

Wildflowers of Texas

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In her popular Wildflowers of Texas, native-plant expert Geyata Ajilvsgi gives lay readers the most comprehensive field guide currently available on the state’s abundant wildflowers.

This latest edition contains information on 482 of the most common species found in the state’s major vegetation zones. Each entry includes a full-color photograph of the flower on the page fa
Published January 1st 2003 by Shearer Publishing (first published February 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Wildflowers of Texas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildflowers of Texas

Anthony Whitt
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Use this book all the time. Good photos and description to help identify Texas flowers.
Dorothy
Nov 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
On Earth Day, it seems appropriate to consider some of the gifts that Earth gives us. One of the loveliest and at the same time most useful of these is wildflowers.

If you are an admirer of wildflowers, you know very well that you need a field guide to help you identify what you see. If you live in Texas and/or want to know about the wildflowers of this state, one of the very best guides you can pick up is Wildflowers of Texas by Geyata Ajilvsgi.

I got my copy of this book several years ago on a
Val
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon this book on the shelves at 1/2 price. I kind of live on a small bit of Texas prarie and have been trying to use apps on my phone and google to figure out what some of the many wildflowers around are. This book is perfect and I've been identifying things in my yard with it. It's amazing how many field guides or identification books only have black and white hand drawings instead of an actual color photo. WTH? This book gives a nice color photo of every flower identified and group ...more
Tamara
Sep 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Thoughtfully and simply organized according to flower color, as well as alphabetically by common name followed by the scientific name. This sounds like a small thing, but makes a big difference when you're not super sharp on latin and identifying by genus or species. The organization according to color is especially helpful and easy to use, and one of the reasons that I rate this field guide so highly.
Krissy
Dec 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
I had to find and photograph 50 (!) unique wildflowers for a class. Flowers are surprisingly copious and diverse. This book did not list many of them; however, it's accurate and has an easy to understand organization.

Also: sage and salvia common and scientific (latin) names, respectively, for the same plant family.
Handan
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
NB I did not read this one cover to cover, but it was an incredibly helpful reference on determining which flowers to use for a friend's Texas wedding. Being able to read through a book organized by COLOR was a thing o' beauty, folks. Great snippet of information alongside each quarter-page image of the particular plant gave scientific information as well as interesting tidbits.
Michaela Dubec
May 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
how do i read it?? i need it for school!!!
Chewtastic
first edition, shearer publishing, bryan, texas, 1984
Alan Culler
Jan 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is the best field guide to Texas flowers.
Bryan