Start by marking “Sacrifice (Ryze)” as Want to Read:

(Ryze #2.5)

Megara

We all know the story.
How it ended.
He survived and conquered each task.
Became the hero of all heroes.
And in the end he became a legend.
What no one told you is that I was there. I was helping him . . . and when he ascended, I was left behind to rot.
Herakles never knew I sold my soul for his success—he didn’t need to. Had I been enough on my own, he would’v
Expected publication: 2023

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifice

Start your review of Sacrifice (Ryze)
Kat valentine ( Katsbookcornerreads)
N.Isabella Blanco's Ryze series is fabulous and this newest book is not only dark and brutal,but beautifully written with soul crushing moments!!! The characters Herakles God of power and Megara one of Hades personal assassins are so beautifully flawed and though both have lived their own hell's for thousands of years theirs a strength in both that comes from knowing pain and suffering beyond what most people have endured. Kles had a choice long ago and he has had to live with his betrayal to me ...more
The Sassy Bookworm
description
description 3.5 Stars

This was my least favorite book of the series so far. Chalk that up to a personal preference thing. I usually like books about Gods and Goddesses, but this one had a somewhat sci-fi(ish) feeling to it I didn't find appealing. I also didn't care for the heroine (Meg) very much. She spent the entire book too bitter and angry, and it made her a very unlikable heroine.

However, the book itself is fantastically well written. Great world building. A well-developed plot. A plethora of side ch
Natalie  ~ The Biblioholic
The epic worldbuilding, the plot, the deliciousness of the characters, the emotions, the subplots, the machinations at work that come from Blanco's beautifully twisted mind wove a story together that completely blew me away!! I've always loved Greek mythology and I'm very familiar with the story of Herakles and the contradicting factoids that have inspired so much of our literature and movies, so I was more than a little bit excited to see this author's take on such a legend. She not only br ...more
K. Webster
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! This story hooked me right from the start and didn't let go until I was dropped onto the last page. I was mesmerized by N. Isabelle Blanco's beautiful storytelling. Every single word was pure poetry. I wanted to drink it all up and get drunk from it. Her writing style is one I look forward to devouring in the near future! This book had it all: epic love, tragedy, and a bit of dark horror. Each time we came to a new scene, Blanco magically created a mental picture in which I felt as though I ...more
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
A Dark and sinister fairytale of Herakles and Megara. A clever twist on Hercules God of
I am not typically into Fantasy or mythology novels but the author did a great job of spinning this story into a entertaining and sexy read.

Sacrifice is a story of vengeance, passion, love and second chances. Some of the content was a little confusing at times and I struggled to like Meg, she was too over the top and bossy for me.
Overall I really enjoyed this retake and look forward to more in this series.
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Whilst this is nominally set in the author’s Ryze world, unlike those books it very much read as a stand alone story. It’s more greek mythology than true fairytale but this story is far too good to ever hold a tiny little detail like that against it. Especially since the world building allows even those pretty ignorant of greek mythology (that’s me by the way) to understand who is who and what their history is.

Talking of history, Meg and Kles have it in spades and it’s not the good type. Certain
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Two thumbs way way up! Sacrifice was a dark and twisted retelling of a well-known tale. I have to say I loved it! let me start with Sacrifice it a double whammy! Not only is it part of The Sinister Fary Tales Collection but it is also 3.5 in Blanco's Ryze Series! Boom! It doesn't get better than this! This story is a standalone but If you are a fan of Greek Mythology. and Dark Paranormal Romance...Blanco is your ONE CLICK author! I'll come back to that. put a pin in it for now.

Sacrifice! Meg an
TheSassyNerdBlog
This is my first book by this author, and I sure as shit was not expecting what I got.
I am loving this series so far... authors and the retellings and I loved this one. Ar first, I struggled but it wasn't long until I was neck-deep in the plot and flipping pages to figure out where the author was going with this.

This is no fairytale,... It's dark and it's brutal and it had my mind reeling and my heart pounding hard.

This retelling is possibly the darkest, most intense one yet, and holy fucking
PP's Bookshelf
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
N Isabelle Blanco took the greek mythology legend of Herakles and Megara and then put insane twists in the story. And Sacrifice was born. It is the hedonistic, dark, primal and instinctual world that has been created by the author. This story was complicated with layers of tragedy, passion, action and suspense. I am simply awed by her writing.

I am not a paranaormal or fantasy lover. I usually feel disconnected from the characters and their feelings. But the epic story of Herakles and Megara grab
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
description
The Sinister Fairy Tales collection is a series of fairy tales with a dark and sexy twist.

I grew up reading all the fairy tales and watching the Disney movies so to say I'm well versed in the fairy tale department would be an understatement. I have to say though, I only watched Hercules once and Greek Mythology never really interested me. But because I love the dark twist to these novels, so far, I decided to give this one a shot....and I've come to the conclusion.... I'm still not a Greek myth
SimplyƝì₭

This story hooked me after the first chapter! Absolutely a MUST READ. You will find yourself lost in the Greek love story of Kles and Meg. The tumultuous affair will bring you to your knees. Make sure you clear your calendar because you will want to read this in one setting.

This is my first read from Ms. Blanco. But I plan to look up her back log to see what other gems I am missing.

Fantasy Land Romance Reader
27034655-SX540-png

I have to say I did not read the first two books that go with this book, but I did not feel like I was missing anything. I read this book because it is part of the Sinister Fairytale Collection.

Sacrifice is all about the word. There is always something to sacrifice, and in this book that something is mostly love. Sacrifice is NOT a romantic love story where you will find happy ever after or two characters that are totally in love. Meg and Kles will fight, argue, almost kill each other, and stil
Ari
2 meh stars

I don't know what to think about this book, it is not a particularly good one. The language really bothered me, and Meg and Kles just annoyed me. I honestly couldn't feel this legendary "chemistry" between the two of them. I was a little disappointed by that ending though. Just meh is a very accurate description of what this book makes me feel.

Kahea
***4 Stars***

When I signed up to review Sacrifice I had no clue what the book would be about, I just said yes to all of the collection because there were two authors I #fangirl participating in it and I’m always down with finding new authors to stal---follow *cough* So, when the synopsis was finally released I was all kinds of excited because I am a huge Greek mythology junkie and couldn’t wait to experience the darker side to the Herakles aka Hercules myth (especially since I had the chant
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Megara's love left her and became a god. What did Megara get? Tortured and changed. Into what?

Well, someone seeking revenge for one. And when Herakles appears in her life again, she's determined to have it, at any cost. But she doesn't just despise him and want vengeance. No, she loves him, too, and that love might be a problem for her.

I have to admit that I'm not exactly up on my mythology, so a lot of the backbone of this was beyond me. But I did see the basics of this dark retell
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

I am enjoying this series of standalone stories immensely! This is the third book of the sinister fairytales collection to be released and a new to me author. In this story, we receive a reimaging of the mythical relationship between Herakles/Hercules and Meg/Megara. Going in I knew the story that we received from the Disney animated movie and the vague retellings of Hercules from movies. I have never dug into the Greek mythology of the characters which could be why it took
Andrea Morgan -Bookaholic Sisters blog
A fantastic read that will grip your imagination right from the start!

I absolutely loved this book it was everything I wanted it to be and more!!

Brilliantly written with fantastic characters and a storyline that grips you from beginning to end, and world building that is just perfection I can't recommend this book enough!
Definitely a must read.
Ri
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series gives me purpose.

**Updated 4/26**

I reread this in order to read the extended chapters that would tie this book fully into the Ryze series. These chapters really enhanced the book and blended well with the world-building of it. I appreciated that. It gives me an idea of what is to come with Ryze 4. This new version of this story has me jonesing for more of this world. There is a reason that it is my favorite series.

The moment this baby dropped on my kindle I stopped what I was doing.
Mirjam
Jun 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

While part of the Dark Paranormal Ryze Series each can be read as a standalone.
Blood Flows Deep (Ryze #1) by N. Isabelle Blanco Blood Stained Tranquility (Ryze Book 2) by N. Isabelle Blanco Blood Drenched Conquest by N. Isabelle Blanco Sacrifice A Dark Retelling (Ryze) by N. Isabelle Blanco Blood Born Darkness by N. Isabelle Blanco

While part of the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection each can be read as a stand-alone
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
3.5 stars ~ Jess

This was the next book in the Sinister Fairy Tales. It is also part of Ms. Blanco's Ryze series. I have never read the Ryze series and while I felt like there was more on the outsides of this story, I didn't feel like I was missing anything.

This was less fairy-tale as it was a take on mythology with Gods and Goddesses. This is the story of Herakles and Megara. Herakles has believed for a long, long time that he made the wrong choice and left his Meg behind. He is about to find o
Ashley Estep The Art of Reading
What an absolute fantastic addition to the Sinister Fairytale Collect Sacrifice is! Blanco did magic with this story!

I'm pretty sure not everyone could turn Herakles and Megara into the dark masterpiece that Blanco does. I mean she delivered a book that had me turning page after page needing more. I couldn't put down this twisted book until I hit the last word!

This book would not have been as good as it was if it were not for Blanco's ability to write. This book was so well written. I think Sacr
SCBookAddict
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sacrifice is the third of the Sinister Fairy Tale Collection as well as part of the author's Ryze series.
This is a second-chance romance featuring Herakles and Megara. Both have been tortured in their own way. One is now remorseful while the other is full of hatred.
Together they embark on this journey that is full of suspense and lots of twists and turns that made this story hard to put down. There were lots of mindf*cking going on for the characters as well as the reader.
This story is a dark
Elysian Fields
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will not even begin to give an overview of this story because it NEEDS to be read. This is a perfect example of this authors stories and her brilliance at darkness. It is not a traditional HEA story, this is a re-telling of a classic story and it is classic for a reason. This author not only re-tells is but ultimately up lifts the story to another level entirely. I was addicted from the first page and the characters jumped off the page. The darkness was done so well that I was enthralled with ...more
Sandra
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Must Read

What can I say, this beautiful author never disappoints me. Her books are phenomenal  and this one is awesome.

Sacrifice is a story of the Greek legend Herakles & Megara with darkness and twists. You can feel the story's powerful emotions of  vengeance, love, and there is so much passion. Lastly a possible second chance between these two lovers.

A MUST READ
2 ⭐️⭐️ - Meh
1 ⭐️ - Not my cup of tea
RLoves2Read
Disappointed and confused

This 3rd book in the Sinister Fairly Tales collection, left me somewhat confused and disappointed. This author was new to me and although it is supposed to be a stand-alone, I felt like it was missing information to make it cohesive. I didn’t realize that this book was actually an installment of another series of the author. Maybe if I had read those I might have followed the story better. The ending left me completely confused with no closure on what was happening to th
Jessica Roessler
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sacrifice by N. Isabelle Blanco is the 3rd addition to the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection, and it is truly a great read!
I am quickly falling in love with this collection, and I am SO happy that I signed up to promote it. Because I keep getting these wonderful stories popping up on my Kindle 2x per month, and so far they have all been a freakin' treat!
Sacrifice was no exception!
I am going to do a very basic overview of Sacrifice within this review, because I feel like this one definitely needs t
Courtney

I Give this Book a 3.5/5 Star Rating, Listing as 3.

Trying to Avoid Adding Spoilers.
I Personally Wouldn’t Fit Herakles/Hercules as a Fairy Tale (but that’s just me, ironically I would’ve accepted Hades & Persephone over Hercules & Megan’s)
Herakles & Meg weren’t as interesting as I thought it would be, I was a bit bored. Meg was astonishingly a very very unlikable main female character, just always so negative. Hercules kinda felt like a submissive(?), I didn’t find that really attractive for his
Samantha Grubey
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arc
I’d like to thank Enticing Journey for sending me an e-arc of this book it is very much appreciated. So this is the 3rd book from the Sinister Fairy Tales Collection, I have loved the other 2 which meant I had very high expectations, they were not met sadly. I was very disappointed by this book we’ll start with what I liked.

The world building was amazing, I loved the world building. That’s the part of this novel that I really enjoyed and it is what actually kept me reading because if not for tha

• Cold Queen
  • Insolent
  • Venom (Rosewood Realm #1)
  • Madness
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • The Virgin Gift (The Gift #2)
  • The Royal Arrangement (The Rebel Queen Duet, #1)
  • Defiant (American Street Kings, #2)
  • Vow of Revenge
  • Enemies
  • Hated You Then (Love Hurts, #1)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Convict (Sin City Salvation, #2)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Valor (Cavalieri Della Morte #11)
See top shelves…
N. Isabelle Blanco is the Amazon Bestselling Author of the Allure Series, the Need Series with K.I.Lynn, and many others. At the age of three, due to an odd fascination with studying her mother’s handwriting, she began to read and write. By the time she’d reached kindergarten, she had an extensive vocabulary and her obsession with words began to bleed into every aspect of her life.

That is, until