Start by marking “Blood Brothers” as Want to Read:
Blood Brothers

Blood Brothers

Austin Tucker was a Green Beret, a man with lightning reflexes and the training to use them. But his life was shattered one Thanksgiving night when strangers invaded his home and killed his son, his daughter, and his wife.

Derek Waites was once an outlaw computer hacker, the infamous Captain Africa. Now he designs computer games. Someone has just tried to kidnap his son,
Published October 15th 1997 by Tor Science Fiction (first published November 7th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Brothers

Start your review of Blood Brothers
T. Peter
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting premise.
This could be extremely thrilling, were it not for the story-in-a-story that slowed down the progress of the action. Granted, it was necessary to explain the underlying situation, but it was L-O-N-G.
There are some really exciting action sequences, though. Recommended, especially if you're a Barnes fan.
Amy L. Campbell
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Little on the aged side, but still a decent read.
Dorothea
Jan 15, 2012 rated it liked it
It's hard to decide how to rate this book. For the first 50 pages or so I was constantly about to put it down for good. But I knew I couldn't, because if I did, I'd never find out what happened next! And then I got into it and couldn't put it down.

I kept being jolted out of the story by little details I couldn't believe. Egg cartons don't work like that! Eight-year-olds don't work like that! The moon doesn't work like that! etc. Also by some larger details -- Computer programming never worked
astaliegurec
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, I'm stuck with being able to give only one rating to Steven Barnes' "Blood Brothers." It's unfortunate, because technically, the book is very well written with good characters and an engaging plot. But, personally, I found that the pure nastiness of the book overrode all the technical excellence. I probably could have lived with the book if the 100 or so pages of Dahlia Childe's diary stuck in the middle had been summarized or otherwise sanitized. It takes the cake for awful ...more
Ray
Jun 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
Barnes has it all going on in this one. He grabs you from the start, skillfully creating full textured characters, deft plotting, and gut wrenching emotions. The story is centered around a white man and a black man joining forces to fight an evil out of time. It's all about race, and yet totally transcends race.
Joy
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book! This story mixed historical fiction with fantasy and sci-fi. Sounds like a weird mix (and maybe it is) but he pulled it off beautifully. I suggest this book to all my sci-fi friends.
Ade Oluyemisi
Aug 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is the sins of the father will follow for generations to come. Underneath it all we are related in more ways than one
Mel Nevergold
Sep 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great book, unless you're a bigot then you are going to hate it. Love, life, family, and that pesky closet your grandparents hid behind a new wall.
victoria.p
Feb 05, 2009 marked it as to-read
Shelves: maybe
recced by lj user=rachelmanija
Mish Mosh
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Exciting and really interesting as well as agreat read
Martin
Aug 09, 2016
Willette Hill
Aug 08, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1)
  • Donovan's Brain
  • A Brief History of Seven Killings
  • The Invention of Yesterday: A 50,000-Year History of Human Culture, Conflict, and Connection
  • Up Jumped the Devil: The Real Life of Robert Johnson
  • Skyscraper
  • Burr
  • Ancestral Night (White Space, #1)
  • Is Jazz Dead?: Or Has It Moved to a New Address
Steven Barnes (born March 1, 1952, Los Angeles, California) is an African American science fiction writer, lecturer, creative consultant, and human performance technician. He has written several episodes of The Outer Limits and Baywatch, as well as the Stargate SG-1 episode "Brief Candle" and the Andromeda episode "The Sum of its Parts". Barnes' first published piece of fiction, the novelette The ...more