Start by marking “Si Amas a Tu Adolescente” as Want to Read:
Si Amas a Tu Adolescente

Si Amas a Tu Adolescente

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  214 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Ayuda a resolver las dificultades relacionadas con los adolescentes. La mayor parte de los problemas con los adolescentes se puede mitigar o rectificar si se corrigen las tensiones existentes en la relacion entre la madre (o el padre) y su hijo. "Si amas a tu adolescente" es una ayuda practica para los padres que quieren comunicar a sus hijos adolescentes que realmente son ...more
Published June 1st 1992 by Grupo Nelson (first published January 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Si Amas a Tu Adolescente, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Si Amas a Tu Adolescente

Aija Ekmane
Lasīju latviski.
Daži vērtīgi padomi, bet svarīgi atcerēties, ka "Pusaudži ir bērni pārejas vecumā. Viņi nav jauni pieauguši cilvēki. Viņu emocionālās vajadzības ir tādas pašas kā bērnam."
Brandi D'angelo
This was a book on "the softer side" of parenting, focusing mostly on positive things you can do to foster your relationship with your teen. Some things were obvious like spending time with them and pointing out positive things. Other things weren't so obvious like watching your moods and making sure you are training your older teen to take on adult responsibilities. If you're like me, sometimes you just forget that they're a year older and can do ____ on their own now. I just got my own kids wa ...more
Ann
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal
Rather dated and language patronizing in places. Loved the part where he advised his daughter (heading off to college) to write down the names of all her friends so she could keep in touch with them!!! Obviously written pre-Facebook ;-) By the end I felt like we were going round in circles looking at more and more problems and just being told 'love your teenager'. Glad I've read it as a starting point for thinking about the next phase in our kids' development but will definitely be on the lookou ...more
Jill
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was first published in 1981 (which explains The Love Boat example) and revised in 1993. Yes, it is dated....no technology references because cell phones were huge bag phones and social media was decades in the future. That being said, there are still timeless principles for all parents of teenagers. Campbell explains that just because we love our children doesn't mean that they feel loved by us. He gives practical advice in a nonjudgmental way. It's only 140 pages and worth the read if ...more
Meghan
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Classic book, got it free on kindle, but lots of great advice still pertinent for today. A good reminder about being an example to your kids on how you want them to handle their emotions, and emphasis on "connect before you correct."
Terri Frank
Jul 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Remember the newborn care manuals we all thumbed through often when our kids were little? Ever wish you had one for the teen years? Now you do!!! I took notes while reading this book. There are some really good tips. The most important advice I think is to keep tabs on your kids all the way through college and young adulthood. In high school, when your child wants to go to a party, call the parents to get a feel for the party. Are the parents open to your questions? That can tell you a lot. In c ...more
Brenten Gilbert
RATING 3.67 STARS

I didn't realize when I started reading this that it was an old book. Like almost as old as me.

Fortunately, it was updated a few years ago and much of the advice is timeless. This is a nice complement to the books I've been reading about managing technology in the household and exploring generational differences, so it was helpful in many regards.

One downside is the repetitive nature of the writing. I get driving your point home and I remember being taught to state your point,
The Book Man
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still remember 15th of October when I was shocked after realizing that all my classmates were 4 years younger than me. It was very hard in the beginning because we had different thoughts. But, today, I am very thankful to God that made it up because I felt during all this year as a person that they could believe to share from their own personal life. Indeed, God does everything for a purpose, doesn’t He?!
I decided to spend time with an extreme cigarette user, poor grades, and a defiant attitu
Audrey
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While this book was originally written in 1981 (I was in preschool!), I read the Kindle version which was published in 2004, and updated. I thought it was a great book - it was recommended to me even though I don't have teens, I have pre-teens and OMG I am so glad I read it now, before hormones kick in and emotions go wild. Alot of the principles we already hold to as a strong Christian family, like unconditional love and talking things out, and showing lots of love verbally and physically, whil ...more
Renee Reynolds
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every parent should read this book! With the 13th birthday of my oldest, I sat down for a reread of this important book this summer, and was promptly pummeled by Dr. Campbell's hard-hitting truths. I am continually grateful for Dr. Campbell and his simple yet profound insights into godly parenting, chiefly the filling of the child's emotional tank, which becomes more difficult and complex with the hormonal vicissitudes of adolescence. Regardless, this book will remind you of what is most importa ...more
Sue
Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, read-2000
Excellent, reassuring advice about showing older children that they are loved by their parents. The book deals with potential areas of conflict, and explains how to create good environments for listening and sharing, and increased communication.

As well as reading it in full in 2000 - when my sons were 13 and 11 - I dipped into this repeatedly, just about every year until they left home, and each time found more gems of wisdom.

Highly recommended, to all parents of pre-teens and teenagers, whet
Theresa Thomas
Mar 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good reminders inside. It does what it sets out to do (ideas for communicating unconditional love, handling teen anger (and your own), dealing with adolescent depression, helping your teen grow spiritually and intellectually) but no earthshattering revelations or pure gold advice. Dr. Ross is a professor of pediatrics and psychiatry, and while the book is easy reading, he uses some psychological 'tools' (like the 'Anger Ladder'), which I just don't relate to. The book is Christian, not Catholic. ...more
Elin
Nov 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
November 2009: I suddenly have a teenager in my house, and feel the need for some advice. I have a feeling this book might be helpful....

March 2010: I'm reading this book slowly. I think I need to, cuz with it I'm discovering things I need to re-think and work with as a mom. This book challenges me over and over again. And it actually helps me more aware of what the young man in front of me may need from his mother. I'm on page 103 now.
April
Jan 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This is a short, concise book about how to show your teen that you really love and care about them, as well as helping them grow up to be responsible adults. He writes about teenage depression, how to recognize it and how to handle it. He also writes other problems your teen might struggle with such as anger, etc. Great information for parents.
Kara
Sep 08, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know I don't have any teenagers yet... but this book is really good. Not only can you incorporate it to younger children (Campbell also wrote How to Really Love Your Child if you're lucky enough to be able to get a hold of it.) but for me it gave me insights on why I am how I am and how to help my teenagers become better adults.
Yolanda
Mar 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an important book. It is an extension of "How to Really Love Your Child" by the same author. The "new" material in here is wonderful, particularly the part about teaching a child/teenager how to learn to handle their anger. Excellent. In my opinion, both of these books by Dr. Campbell should be required reading for parents.
Diana
Sep 02, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Where to get this book now? The book shop said that it is not available any more. In Ireland. Any ideas? Rally loved his first book "how to really love your child", want to get his book on teenagers.
Debby Krabbenhoft
Wish I knew earier

Wow, what an amazing book. Wish I knew earlier about the passive aggressive behavior and preparing kids for leaving home before my oldest son moved. A must read for every parent.
Stephen Gledhill
Great Advice

Great advice and practical suggestions are given. Worth the read. I have learned how to live my grandchildren more effectively. Read this book if you are a parent of teenagers.
Mike
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
This book taught me so much about myself. The chapters on anger were eye-opening. Whether we are parents or not, I think all of us could benefit from reflecting on how anger was handled in our homes growing up. Highly recommend this whether you have teenagers or not.
JLynn
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Filled with hope and practicality

This book was very concrete, practical and hope-inducing. I walked away feeling like I understand teens (their needs and tendencies) better. And, I also leave it with lots of ideas on how to help my teen feel loved.
Annalie
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The very best practical, psychologically sound advice for maintaining a good relationship with your children during those turbulent years.
Tyron Miralda
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very amazing book really enjoyed it! will read it again!
Read1000books
Got a teenager at home? Read this book!
Patrick
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly relevant given its age. Good adjustment to my thinking on relationships with my own teens.
Wade
Aug 24, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth-ministry
A very good book for parents of teenagers to read.
Stephanie Carter
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book to give you balance with your teen and help you love them even more on their level. Enjoyed it a lot.
Mercedes de Agüero
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Steffie
Recommended to Mercedes by: Ana Acle
Shelves: familia
Es un libro accesible, puntual, fundamentado y amoroso para mejora la relación familiar y parental con nuestros hijos adolescentes.
Tyron Miralda
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Really a great book! will read it again.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Standing Strong: How to Resist the Enemy of Your Soul
  • Songs in the Key of Solomon: In the Word and In the Mood
  • Warrior Poet: Before David Was King
  • Raising Motivated Kids: Inspiring Enthusiasm for a Great Start in Life
  • When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances
  • The Meeting of the Waters: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Future Church
  • God Built (Joseph) - Forged By God...In The Bad And Good Of Life (Bold Man Of God, #2)
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • Jesus the Evangelist: Learning to Share the Gospel from the Book of John
  • Heart of the Matter: Daily Reflections for Changing Hearts and Lives
  • Abortion: A Rational Look At An Emotional Issue
  • Jonathan Edwards on True Christianity
  • That's a Great Question: What to Say When Your Faith Is Questioned
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart

Dr. Campbell is a former Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics and Psychiatry at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. He has counseled thousands of parents over three decades of practice. Having retired from active counseling, he focuses today on writing and lecturing on parenting topics for an

Nonfiction Deals

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Smoke and Pickles: Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen
    $18.95 $2.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $8.24 $2.99
  • A Natural History of the Senses (Vintage)
  • Unsinkable: A Memoir
    $14.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Patriot: The Tangled Lives of William Tecumseh Sherman
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
  • The Reaper: Autobiography of One of the Deadliest Special Ops Snipers