Start by marking “To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers, #3)

To Crave a Blood Moon (Moon Chasers #3)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  470 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
A BITE TOO FAR...

Imprisoned and tortured by a lycan pack, half-breed Sebastian Santiago is determined not to break. But now they've come up with a cruel plan -- starve Sebastian until he is half-mad with hunger, then force him to succumb to his werewolf instincts by giving him human prey to feed on.

Snatched from the streets of Istanbul, American tourist Ruby Deveraux has

Published August 25th 2009 by Pocket Books (first published August 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about To Crave a Blood Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Crave a Blood Moon

Shawna
4 stars – Paranormal Romance

I’ve waited several months for this third installment in the Moon Chasers series about the battle between lycans, dovenatu human/lycan half-breeds, and hunters, and for the most part it delivered. This story centers on dovenatu and lycan hunter Sebastian Santiago who’s been captured and held prisoner by a lycan clan in Istanbul. After weakening his resolve and humanity through endless torture and starvation, the lycans hope to use a captive American tourist to draw ou
Ashley Jackson
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Easily my favorite of the series so far. The characters are totally believable and likable. There are a few plot twists and lots of hot and heavy animal lust. Again, it's very heavy on the romance. They recap most of the important stuff that happened in the previous two, so this could easily be read on its own. It will be a re-read for me.
Martel
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Great action scenes, a very hot, a bit on the brutal side, romance (the heroes were at first forced together by the villains)and nice, well developed characters with special abilities. The sequence between action and romance give a nice roller-coaster feel, and make the whole novel the best escape read possible. A series I'll keep following with great pleasure.
Kathy
Aug 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic addition to the Moon Chaser series.
Vicki Adderholdt
I really liked this story. I started right off with Sebastian in dungeon and naked and starving.
These werewolves are not nice. At full moon they shift and kill and eat humans. Are heroine, Ruby gets caught and thrown in dungeon with Sebastian. He is a half-breed and controls shifting and doesn't eat people. Their escape and fight and romance has many problems to solve on so many levels. Non-stop action and romance. Really good. I'm going to read more in series.
☂ ℬrandi
First I should begin by saying that I absolutely LOVE Sophie Jordan (aka Sharie Kholer). She's pretty much perfect and consistently so, as far as I'm concerned. This is my first Kholer novel and I started with book #3 in the series. (Don't do that) :)

Dovenatu (1/2 were, 1/2 human) and lycan (werewolf) hunter Sebastian Santiago (who's twin brother is featured in book #2) is being abused, starved and held prisoner by a lycan clan in Istanbul. The clan's alpha hopes that by sending in various lycan
Jamie Kline
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The book starts out with Sebastian Santiago(a half-lycan breed called "dovenatu") being tortured by a pack of lycans. They are depriving him of food so that he is starving; then their sick plan includes throwing a human in his cell, where he will be unable to control his bloodlust. Ruby Deveraux is in Istanbul with a group of children waiting to be adopted. When two go missing, she takes it upon herself to find them before they come to harm. Unfortunately, she falls right into the hands of the l ...more
Lark Howard
May 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The latest book in Sharie Kohler's Moon Chaser series blew me away. From the gutsy, explosive first meeting between Sebastian and Ruby it was clear this book was going to be darker and even more emotionally charged than the previous two in the series--both of which were terrific. And TO CRAVE A BLOOD MOON delivered in spades!

Ms. Kohler's cover blurb relates the beginning much better than I can:

Pixelinchen
Robin K
I have read the two proceeding books in The Moon Chasers series and this one was by far my favorite. Though they all stand alone a good reads. This book absorbed me right from the start. You truly get to live and feel what Ruby is experiencing. Because she is an empath, emotions are the true basis of the first half of the book. I found myself suppressing sobs for Ruby's plight very early in the book. It usually takes more time for me to feel a strong connection with a character, but I felt for R ...more
Vina Raintree
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love, adult
Ruby Deveraux nyari 2 anak perempuan yang kabur dari tempat penampungan dan Ruby nemukan mereka disebuah pesta di mansion. perasaan buruk menghinggapi ruby karena kemampuan empathnya (yang seharusnya bisa merasakan perasaan orang lain) hanya mendeteksi kekosongan di diri masing2 tamu di pesta tesebut. sedangkan 2 anak yang dicari itu nggak mau pulang dulu, pas ammy berhasil dibujuk untuk pulang, tiba2 pas bulan purnama menampakkan diri, semua tamu berubah jadi monster (ternyata lycan ato werewol ...more
Paranormal Romance
Imprisoned and starved in a bid to cause his to feed on human flesh, the hero is torutured by the presence of the heroine. To stop the craving to kill her, he sleeps with her and after she's turned and they exscape, he hunts her down to protect her. The heroine is an empathy but she really doesn't understand how many feel. She's heartless and cruel to the hero. Sure, he slept with her out of a bid to control his urges and he did make it clear that he'd kill her if they didn't escape, but he's ju ...more
Amanda
Apr 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
If I could, I would give this book 4.5 stars.
If you love werewolves, you should check out the Moon Chaser series. This is the 3rd within the series...As stated before, I have a problem with starting a series with book 1 - really should pay more attention when I purchase books.Anyway, this book captivated and held my interest and I didn't get confused, it flowed like a stand-alone book.

Chloe is a strong woman and I mean strong. She goes through so much in this book: abducted, tossed in a dirty c
Steph
I don't want to post spoilers ... I want you to savor this book.

Man, this book was GREAT! It had lots of fights, a sexy, strong, wounded warrior and a strong (although she may not realize it in the beginning) female. Book 2, Kiss of a Dark Moon about Rafe, Sebastian's twin, and Kit was good but this was SO much more. I didn't want it to end.

Man, I am so impatient and hate waiting for another release in a series I love...

I look forward to reading more about Jonus, who will most certainly be seen
Darcy
Jan 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, pnr, shifters
I always find it interesting to read books about people that have had their worth smashed so far down that they think they are never going to worthy of anyone. Even when they have evidence of the opposite they still can't see it. And this is the case with Sebastian and Ruby.

Both of these 2 have been told over and over again since childhood, sometimes it isn't with words, but with actions, which can be just as damaging as words. I really liked these 2 together. Once they could get past their iss
Barbara ★
Another spectacular addition to the Moon Chasers series. The action gets better, the romance grittier and the sex amazing. I really liked and felt for Sebastian Santiago who was feared by everyone including his mother who actually tried to kill him. And poor Ruby Deveraux is an empath and her father abandoned her and her mother died leaving her a ward of the state of Louisiana. When she is turned on a vacation in Turkey, her world collapses and Sebastian is there to pick her up and guide her. Th ...more
Jenn
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sebastian is a hybrid lycan who can change at will. The lycans want that power as they have to change every full moon but can't change any other time. He is trapped in a prison, starving to death when they bring a human female into the prison hoping he will turn and kill her making him one of them. She isn't just any female though, she is an empath who can feel other people's emotions. She feels his emotions and is scared but also attracted to him. She is scratched by a lycan which makes her a l ...more
Saly
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lynde Shaw
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love how each story brings something different to the series. In this case, we have an empath and a half breed Lycan. It took me a while to warm up to Ruby, but I completely sympathized with her and her feelings of aloneness. Sebastian was ridiculously stubborn and I'm glad he finally shaped up. I loved seeing how this circle of almost outcasts continues to grow. Another fantastic addition to the series that I recommend.
Lyn
Feb 04, 2011 rated it liked it
The beginning of the book was a page turner but then the plot fell kind of flat and staggered. By this point I was fustrated. The heat and passion between the main characters got lost with all the other business that the author was introducing into the story. All in all not a bad book, just one I wouldn't read again.

Purr More
Apr 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this series. Hoping Darius gets an HEA one day! Poor guy...he tries and tries but keeps getting the short end of the stick.

Edited to add: tweeted author who said Darius gets his HEA in Book #6. oh yays! Poor guy again...haz to wait sooo long!
DemonKitty003
Dec 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
Not bad, I say its all right in my books. Better than the last book with Sebastian's brother and Kit. But still I wanna read Darius. I really hope and pray he comes in soon. I'm just dying to find out how his mate will come into the picture.
Michele
Dec 13, 2010 is currently reading it
So far, so good.. still in the middle of it. So far, I feel sympathy for a secondary character,
and worried for the hero, and I hope the heroine gets her act together. And I hope the first bad guy finally gets his just desserts because he's a real rotten egg - as all good villains are.
Rhonda
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, fun, fast paced, easy read for me. I couln't put it down. Another great installment to the series.
Fiona rose crossley
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
love it!!!!
Michelle lopez
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
loved it
Judy
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Had some language in it but a good story line
Sara
Nov 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
ok found these books by accident now I am addicted...
Nicole
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
I actually enjoyed this book. I did not realize it was a series until part of the way though the book but it was still easy to understand even with that. It was a quick and easy read.
LiquidLucidity
This is getting better and better :D
Goodreads Librari...: Add to series 2 13 Mar 16, 2015 07:58PM
  • Scarlet (Dead World, #2)
  • The Hunger (Companion, #2)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • Claimed by the Wolf (Shadow Guardians, #1)
  • The Wolf Next Door (Westfield Wolves, #3)
  • Dragon Moon (Moon, #9)
  • Rising Moon (Nightcreature, #6)
  • Haunted by Your Touch  (Doomsday Brethren #3.5, Moon Chasers, #4.5)
  • Dark Succession (True Mates, #2)
  • Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2)
  • Accidentally Were? (Huntingdawn, #1)
  • Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Last Wolf Hunting (Bloodrunners #2)
  • Sins of the Flesh (Sin Hunters #1)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
Pseudonym:
Sophie Jordan

Sharie Kohler took her adolescent dreaming one step further and penned her first story in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History. After several years teaching, Sharie decided it was time to pursue her long-held dream of writing.

She believes her decision to write paranormal romances stems from her long-sustai
More about Sharie Kohler...

Moon Chasers (6 books)
  • Marked by Moonlight (Moon Chasers, #1)
  • Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Moon Chasers, #4)
  • Night Falls on the Wicked (Moon Chasers, #5)
  • A Soul So Wicked (Moon Chasers #6)