Start by marking “Evidence of Angels” as Want to Read:
Evidence of Angels

Evidence of Angels

After the death of her beloved, Gustav, a woman is plagued by questions. She wonders, do angels exist? Or are we alone? What happens after we die, and leave this earth? She had once photographed fairies, witches and wizards. As she begins photographing her city again, she begins to uncover evidence of angels.
Published September 29th 2009 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Evidence of Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evidence of Angels

Joanne
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art
I don’t normally review non-fiction, but when emailed by Suza Scalora asking if I would like to review Evidence of Angels, I thought I would give it a go. As I have an idea for my own fictional story regarding angels, Evidence of Angels is classed as research.

This review is going to be a little different from my normal reviews, as I feel I need to explain a bit about me for you to understand my views of the book. I was baptised Church of England when I was younger, and I went to a Catholic schoo
Audrey
Dec 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I actually had trouble starting this book, but not for the reasons you're probably thinking. Every time I picked it up, I was just so overwhelmed and awed by the beauty and inspiration of the images that I found that I couldn't help but look through the book at all of them, missing the words. I couldn't bring myself to read because the images were just too beautiful. Each image was vibrant and colorful; each image absolutely took my breath away. The angels in each of Suza Scalora's photos are so ...more
Lil' Violet
Aug 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Evidence of angels

Review

Art: Beautiful but blinding which makes sense seeing as its a book about angels some pictures seemed to be a little much in the ways of lighting however. But for the ones that are manageable to the eye and not to hurtful the pictures are stunning and uplifting a real inspiration just though color alone. This art work you have to look at in good light though or it will make your head hurt
A-
Story: More of meaning then story [laughs] This reviewer has been feeling down not d
Lauren
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
To make it simple, Evidence of Angels is an interesting book with stunningly beautiful pictures.

"Do Angels Exist?" is one of the questions that implants itself in Suza Scalora's mind soon after the death of a loved one, and soon after that she takes the reader through her discovery of angels and out of the turmoil of her pain of loosing someone special one step at a time through pictures and text.

The pictures were without a doubt my favorite part of the book. Suza certainly has quite eye for ta
Rebecca
The cover of this book had me thinking "now THIS is how you do digital illustration." Use it to create a look you can't get any other way. Suza Scalora provides the blast of color, light, and sparkle that makes up the pictures, and Francesca Lia Block helps with the words in this unique combination of fiction and nonfiction. While it doesn't get too religious in tone, it offers comfort in the belief in angels. Would be a good gift book for someone coping with a loss.

"Stand up. Everything in your
Anna
Dec 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
I love fantasy art or really any type of art that has fantasy elements, so I knew I would enjoy this book. An enchanting read that I believe I'll look through several times before putting it on the shelf. The art and photography in this book is beautiful and moving. The vibrant colors and images jump off the page. An uplifting story that hope is never far out of reach even in your darkest moments.
Ana
Nov 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
The stunning images in Evidence of Angels appear to be a combination of photographs and colorful digital manipulation. These unique illustrations really lend themselves to complimenting the story, told in a mixture of personal encounters with messengers from the Unseen World, and later, through letters from people wishing to share their own experiences. A testament of one person's coping through grief and her remarkable journey towards grace.
Sesana
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairies, art, fantasy
This is the third book of otherworldly photographs by Suza Scalora. It isn't my favorite, (that would be her book of fairy photographs) but it is beautifully done. This one has a much stronger story to it, probably because the words are provided by Francesca Lia Block. It's stunningly beautiful, although brief, and there is much that will linger.
Day Sibley
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first spotted this book I thought "Now that's what I call a beautiful cover", but there was much more waiting inside to. The complementing fonts with the background pictures had a magical realism aspect,it was absolutely stunning, and the moral concept in book as well. Suza is truly an artist with a keen eye.

Stephanie
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't believe in angels, but you're crazy if you don't think this book is gorgeous. I'm a sucker for the sparkly stuff.
Reading For Sanity
Dec 29, 2009 rated it liked it
read this review and others at http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/...
Debbie Hoskins
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Suza Scalora has a dreamy photography style. I found this book fun, but if you aren't into angels and bright colors you may not like it.
Meimei22
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I would love to recommend this book to all fantasy, fairies, and angel lovers
Retta
Feb 20, 2017
Sis
Apr 21, 2012
Kayleen
rated it did not like it
Nov 17, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »

• Open Letter to Quiet Light
  • Lap Dancing for Mommy: Tender Stories of Disgust, Blame and Inspiration
  • Gifts from the Sea
  • Blue Flame (Perfect Fire Trilogy, #1)
  • Snow Music