Start by marking “Skippy Jon Jones Collection (4 Board Book Collection, 1-2-3, Color Crazy, Shape Up, Up & Down)” as Want to Read:

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Skippy Jon Jones (4 Board Book Collection, 1-2-3, Color Crazy, Shape Up, Up & Down)
All of the books in the Skippyjon Jones series beg to be read aloud with gusto! Students can benefit from opportunities to listen and discuss books read aloud to them by adults. During
a read-aloud, teachers should model thinking strategies and skills to enhance students' comprehension o
Hardcover
Published by Dutton Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Skippy Jon Jones Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skippy Jon Jones Collection

Jenna
Sep 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Children appreciate the Skippy Jon Jones series, but I do not understand or appreciate them. I find them obnoxious and racist. I can see how a child would like the book because of the character changes and the illustrations, but in reality the book is racist and overbearing.
Brittnay
Dec 04, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: funny
Not very appropriate for lesson, but humorous none the less!
Christyl
Nov 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
This book I read to my kids all the time and if you have small kids this is a must have. Very cute.
Taylor Johnson
Oct 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: animals, adventure
Children love these upbeat books but i do not enjoy them. I think they are very racist and overbearing.
Bryan
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Ha ha ha
Hannah
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the original Skippy Jon Jones that is in the collection. I love this book for various reasons. I read this book when I was in elementary, and I still remember the book to this day. Skippy Jon Jones is a siamese cat that loves to cause trouble. His vivid imagination lets him escape into a world unknown. In the original book he is sent to his room by his mother for causing trouble, in his room he goes into his closet and enters into a world full of chihuahua's. Skippy Jon Jones is the hero ...more
Beckie Coldiron
Feb 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
Skippy Jon Jones is sure to make your students laugh with his sense of humor. However, I'd be cautious of the stereotypes sometimes found in these books. Other than that, these are very fun books that you can definitely use predictions, cause and effect and inferring with. I would suggest these books for children in first and second grade.
Tichina Fung-chung
I have only read one of the books from this collection and it is called "Skippy Jon Jones in the Doghouse". The book itself was very colorful and was full of action verbs but when reading it it is very hard to follow. I felt like the story was all over the place. I didnt understand what the main point of the story was.
Nolan Johnson
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
A. This book is about a cat named Skippyjon Jones. Skippyjon loves to be very active. He jumps up and down. He Runs back and forth. Until eventually he falls asleep. When he wakes up he does it again.

B. The major theme in this book is being active.

C. I would use this book to teach my students about prepositions. There are many prepositions in this book (e.g. under, over, near, and far)
Stephanie
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I snagged a copy of the Up and Down board book at the local Mighty Dollar. The original Skippy Jon Jones is long and too complicated for babies (but a favorite of my school age students) The board book series seems great based on the 1 out of the 4 that I have.
  • Watch Out for the Chicken Feet in Your Soup
  • A Flower in the Snow
  • Boundless Grace
  • Titanic
  • Nettie's Trip South
  • A Cache of Jewels and Other Collectible Nouns (World of Language)
  • Big Sister and Little Sister
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane (The Magic School Bus, #7)
  • Sloppy Joe
  • Nurse, Soldier, Spy: The Story of Sarah Edmonds, a Civil War Hero
  • The Story of Jumping Mouse
  • Saving Sweetness
  • The Runaway Pumpkin
"I was the last child and only daughter born to Edward and Mary Francis Byron on August 20th, 1951 in the city of Waltham, Massachusetts. My oldest brother Ted was very good at art and my middle brother Kevin kept me laughing with his funny stories.

Growing up we didn't have much money. My mother was very ill, and to make matters worse, I was extremely shy. All my teachers complained that "Judith n
More about Judy Schachner...