Start by marking “Punisher: War Journal, Vol. 4: Jigsaw” as Want to Read:
Punisher: War Journal, Vol. 4: Jigsaw

Punisher: War Journal, Vol. 4: Jigsaw (Punisher: War Journal #4)

2.82  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
All the players are assembled. The stage is set. The lights are lowered and a conspiracy, 18 issues in the making, begins. This is it - the ultimate revenge saga as designed and engineered by Punisher's arch-rival, Jigsaw!
Published April 1st 2009 by Marvel (first published December 31st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Punisher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Punisher

Sonic
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugghhhh! I feel conflicted.
This was an easy four star book until the last chapter.
I love the PUNISHER and I dig the writing of Fraction and Remender, but I was bummed out when I saw the art was by Chaykin.
But I got the book for 40% off so I thought what the heck.

I was pleasantly surprised!
The writing was awesome and the art did not put me off, ...
Until the last chapter, where Chaykin's stiff, awkward, and static art all but killed the flow and feel of action.
And after such a sweet build-up the
Martin
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Remender's characterisation of Jigsaw (and the other characters, for that matter) was spot-on, and Chaykin's art was... well, Chaykin's art. His style has grown on me over the years but I can understand why some people might not like it. It is at times uneven & rough and the body proportions are sometimes odd as well.

One thing that took me by surprise: Stuart Clarke (the Punisher's sidekick) gets 3 fingers chopped off at the end of the book. Why this surprised me is that in Punisher: In the
Paul
I went into this not knowing what to expect.

I am a fan of Howard Chaykin`s art, heck I was a fan of Chaykin way back in the old days when he was known as little Howie Chaykin, heh.

But I aint never been that big of a fan of the Punisher, his character has never really sat all that well with me, dating way back to his first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man number so and so.

However, I did find myself enjoying this story and liking the art.
Still not a fan of the Punisher, but this was as close to a
Brad
Aug 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
Matt Fraction has been building up the Jigsaw story and G.W. Bridge's new team since the second volume, but it doesn't really deliver that well. Yeah, Jigsaw ruins Frank Castle's life a little bit, but it's not like he's living for much besides killing bad guys.
The cameos by Rhino and the Wrecking Crew are pretty fun.
Adam
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Matt Fraction doesn't write the Punisher well, and Howard Chaykin doesn't draw him particularly well. This story arc has plenty of good bits, but it was stretched out way too long and had too many subplots to hold my interest throughout. Also, the last page was especially confusing, and I have no idea what actually happened.
Eli Poteet
Feb 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
First punisher book I've read, I appreciate the artists skill, I can clearly see its emphasis on late 80s and early 90s themes. If jigsaw is the nemesis of frank castle, then I feel the villain is incredibly lacking.
Nick
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
One day, I might like Howard Chaykin's art.

But it is not this day.
Dan Weiss
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
Decent story, horrendous art. Distractingly horrendous.
Timo
Feb 01, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
The Punisher and the Jigsaw go hand in hand in comic history but how badly wrong Fraction/Remender can get the story and I just do not like the stiff art Chaykin produces.
Dave Hicks
I was a little disappointed with this one. Artwork is not very good. The climactic battle was underwhelming and lacked punisher acting like the punisher. It was just on
Sean
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 really
Kyle
May 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Story wasn't bad, nothing special. But, I really don't like Howard Chaykin's artwork.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Majortomisajunkie
Jan 30, 2014
Emily
Dec 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
"How he got started in comics: In 1983, when Fraction was 7 years old and growing up in Kansas City, Mo., he became fascinated by the U.S. invasion of Grenada and created his own newspaper to explain the event. "I've always been story-driven, telling stories with pictures and words," he said.

Education and first job: Fraction never graduated from college. He stopped half a semester short of an art
More about Matt Fraction...

Punisher: War Journal (5 books)
  • Civil War: Punisher War Journal