Start by marking “Bluestar's Prophecy (Warriors Super Edition, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bluestar's Prophecy (Warriors Super Edition, #2)

Bluestar's Prophecy

(Warriors Super Edition #2)

Destined for greatness . . .

Four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest for generations, thriving in their territories. But tensions are running high, and ThunderClan must assert its strength or risk falling prey to its power-hungry neighbors.

Into this time of uncertainty, a kit is born. A prophecy foretells that Bluekit will be as strong as fire, destined to blaze thro
Published July 28th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bluestar's Prophecy, please sign up.
Portia Quigley
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Bluestar's Prophecy (Warriors Super Edition, #2)
Kathryn
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book when I was twelve. Now, as I am rapidly approaching sixteen, you'd think I would've at least FORCED myself to grow out of the Warriors series, to prove that "IMMA GROWNUP MOMMY!!!"

But no.

They're amazing, I reread them constantly, and if you don't like it then bite me.

Anyway.

This book starts the day Bluekit opens her eyes for the first time, and follows her as she grows into Bluefur, a fierce Thunderclan warrior haunted by the death of her loved ones and the hostility of her bl
Kate
Jul 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cat-books, favorites
This is probably my second favorite super edition, second to Crookedstar's Promise. I really enjoyed Bluestar's prophecy. You enter the story moments before Bluestar jumps off the edge of the gorge to lead the dogs to their deaths, but this time from her perspective. The prophecy, (which she refer's to as Goosefeather's) rings in her mind. Water will destroy you... It ends with Mistyfoot and Stonefur forgiving her for what she's done.

I really enjoyed the elements and setup of this book. It flas
May 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!!!! I don't know how many times I have read it, it's so sad in some parts, but then exciting in the rest! I will ALWAYS read an Erin Hunter book, they are amazing!!
Liam
May 06, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: diehard Warriors fans only
Recommended to Liam by: Sister
Okay, I have to admit. I like the idea. I like going back to see what happened with Bluestar before Firepaw came in. I also have to admit something else. I didn't like this book.

Bluestar was just annoying. Her decisions made no sense. I didn't get her at all. Oakheart was, eh, dumb. I totally think Crookedpaw was nicer. Side note: I loved Crookedpaw's character. I absolutely love his loyalty. He is overly friendly at gatherings, but in battle, he's fiercely loyal to his clan, which I appreciate.
Diana
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Bluestar was never one of my favorite characters, but the book was boring. I found it was dragging and it didn't offered any kind of nee information or delivered it with any grace.
Jack
May 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! I LOVED this book! IT WAS AMAZING! My favourite ever book! I've read it again a few times and enjoyed it loads. Everything about it is great and I love how it goes through how everything was before Rusty/Firepaw/heart/star. It's a lot different without him and it's great to see and hear about past cats. I loved the characters in this book, the writing, the plot and everything, really. This book is set before the original series and then the original series follows on straight after. Therefo ...more
Kayla
Aug 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book! I liked it even better that Firestar's Quest.

This book starts out when the famous Bluestar was just a kit. This book travels through her life from kit to leader. Bluestar is given a prophecy, and with it death, lies and heartache await. Bluestar has endured them all. So when she is told by Starclan to give up her kits to save Thunderclan, Bluestar makes a heart throbbing decision. What will it be? Well... read the book and find out.

(Revised 6-8-11)
Atlas
May 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've read this at least five times and each time it still tugs at my heartstrings
Kay Causer
Jul 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: warriors
Leafbreeze
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book was one of the best!!! i cryed when her sister died!!! but it also gave me some more insight on tigerstars charecter! he wasnt always so evil. he use to play with whitestorm when they were kits but the day he was given his mentor... thats the day it changed. i dont nor will ever blame tigerstar for his evil ambitions! he only learned from thistleclaw! bluestar always knew he was trouble! im not saying its all thistleclaws fault its both of them! still not blaming tigerstar! but one thi ...more
Nicoledp67
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've had this book since I was eleven. I'm now seventeen and in the process of re-reading it for the millionth time. Do I care if I'm too old to still be reading this series? Oh look, there goes the mouse tails I give.

(view spoiler)
Warriorcat101
Aug 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Best Warriorcat book I have read!(I have read almost all of them apart from Manga)

It follows Bluestars life from a squealing kit,to leader of Thunderclan.
You learn how she became leader,why she gave up Mistyfoot and Stonefur,who her kin where and basically every little detail of the old she-cats life....BRAVO Erin Hunter! I give this amazing book,5/5.
Lina Giglio
Mar 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED THIS BOOK. It reveals so many secrets from the normal series that I've been dying to know about since the very first book of, like, a twenty book series. I love the way Erin Hunter describes the way the cats think. It's so descriptive, and it seems to describe the exact opposite of the way that people think cats think. Bluestar is an amazing she-cat, and she is beautiful and brilliant as leader to ThunderClan, for many moons. At least that's what everyone thinks. She has so many secrets ...more
Alissa
Oct 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Anyone even remotely familiar with Erin Hunter's "Warriors" series knows of Bluestar, the great cat who preceeded Firestar in leading ThunderClan. But most probably don't know of the struggles she went through, the losses she endured, and the decisions she had to make on while on her rise to power. Also hints at why Tigerclaw became so vicious and how ThunderClan cats earned the reputation as kitty pet sympathizers even before Firetar became a 'paw'.

"Bluestar's Prophecy" reads almost like a biog
Eleni
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett N.
Dec 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
In the beginning I was really confused. It started out with Bluestar dieing and then she was in the nursery as a kit. But just the page before she was an old she cat who was dead. Was she remembering her life or or was it starclan giving her a chance to relive her life. To make sure she didn't make the mistake of Tigerstar again.

If everybody got a second chance at life then life would have no meaning. That's why you have to always try your hardest. You get one chance. One shot. And you can't do
A Anderson
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Everyone knows Bluestar from the first book of the first series of Warriors to the second last book, right? No.

More questions were asked about Bluestar's past until FINALLY Erin Hunter opened up and released 'Bluestar's Prophecy', as this review is about.

The story takes place in ThunderClan and two young kits that were born were about to change ThunderClan's world...forever.

Bluekit and Snowkit are two seemingly ordinary kits that love to play around and have fun until the old medicine cat, Goos
Gerda Fiske
This book was utter garbage. Bluefur was annoying, her romance was forced, and the characters were either just as bad as Bluefur or completely forgettable. This is one warriors book I would erase from history if I had the chance. If you want to read a good book, you want yo avoid this book at all costs!

Here's my Breakdown of why it sucks:
1: Bluefur was annoying.
Sympathy in books is more important than many people realize, and it's hard to sympathize with someone who's already doing most of the
08emilyr
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Bluestar's Prophecy by Erin Hunter

Bluestar's prophecy is a special edition of the Warriors series. It takes place long before the chronological series, and tells the story of Bluestar, Thunderclan's leader, and her rise to the top. Bluestar is given a prophecy when she is young, foretelling that she wil be like fire, blazing through the ranks of her clan. At first, she feels that she'll always be an ordinary warrior, but her life turns lonely and heart breaking, as those around her begin to die,
Cara
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: warriors
I absolutely loved this book, which is one of my favorite Super Editions. I always liked Bluestar through the 1st Warriors series, so I snapped this book up. Well. This book gives all the details on Bluestar's life before the first book, and it's more of a narrative about Bluestar than just her short summary in Forest of Secrets.

I think one of the things I enjoyed most about this book was the detail on ThunderClan before Bluestar's leadership and seeing the connection between characters, such as
Hails
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is by far the most spectacular book of the lengthy Warriors series. Bluestar is a beloved character, and we all know what she's been through. Until you read Bluestar's Prophecy, however, you can't even begin to appreciate just what makes this legendary she-cat so heroic. From losing her beloved family members one by one in death, to dealing with a forbidden love and making historic choices that shape her Clans future, Bluestar will prove to you once and for all that she always had her Clan' ...more
Aoife
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
An inspiring book that I think really made me admire Bluestar much more. She's been through a lot - but she got through all the suffering and is a really selfless cat. I think her pain made her more compassionate and made her the perfect leader to be more open to helping Firestar become the cat he became. Chapters 41 and 42 were probably the most emotional for me, and yeah I did cry, lol. A great book that I would recommend for all avid Warriors readers. I always liked Bluestar but like most lea ...more
Bethany
Oct 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
Erin Hunter claims that this is the best Warriors book written yet. I could almost agree. The writing was beautiful,but the only thing that puts this below The Darkest Hour is the time frame. As each kit was born you would recognize the name...and the fate. Whitekit, Tigerkit, Goldenkit, etc. You knew the fate and destinies, wekanesses and pwoers of all these cats. And that's what took away from this wonderful book.
Mar 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a must-read for Warriors fans! This book takes you back to the old forest, from the day after Bluekit's birth, up until the time she becomes Bluestar and sees Rusty (the future Firestar) in the forest for the first time. It's such a delight to hear Bluestar's story, and to see all the "old" characters from the first series as kits, apprentices and young warriors.
Hannah
Aug 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING! If I could, I would give it more than octillion stars! (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars!) It gave me a whole new prospect of Bluestar's life! I'd never felt as much respect for Bluestar as I did when I finished that book!
Lily
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite Warriors books. It was so funny when Bluestar was a kit, and she tried getting a squirrel off the fresh kill pile and it fell on her. I also liked when Bluefur was an apprentice and she made her first catch on her first day of hunting practice.
Aurora Dimitre
baby lionheart gives me life
 e͔̩̤͔͕̩ͮ̌̌ͩͣ́͑rͫ̊̐ṛ͖͓̲ͫ̐͗̆o̤͚̝͊̂͆r͕̗͓͎͈͍̽̉̾̂̏̉ͪ ̲̫̮͖̟̬̤̆̿͊4̹̬̌̈̈́̾̓0̪̟̮͙̠̦͒͗ͅ4̥͖̻̤̓̆ͤ͛͂̄
SPOILERS AHEAD! If you haven't read the book and you don't want to get spoiled, I wouldn't suggest reading ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you.

The rants contained in this review are out-of-order. Each event happened in a different order in the book.

I had wanted to read this book for such a long time, but I was quite disappointed when I finally read it. I was hoping that this book would explain some of the occurrences of the first series, but it was only about Bluekit/Bluepaw/Bluefur/Bluestar's li
Littlebookterror
This explains so many things. And it makes me love Bluestar even more than I already did.
It's an intense character on Bluestar and her life before we meet her in Into the Wild.
It's especially funny when you recognize all the old characters and see them grow up (Lionpaw, I mean you especially).
We see so much of Bluestar's character growth and the choices that shaped her life. And it shows her struggles with StarClan and her own choices. Her love story is only a small part of her arc and I enjoyed
Aliya
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What is more sad, "Bluestar's Prophecy", or "Crookedstar's Promise"? 33 60 Nov 21, 2019 01:25PM
All About Warrior...: Bluestar's Prophecy 1 2 Jun 11, 2018 05:24PM
who else loved this book?! 33 31 Aug 16, 2016 10:35AM
Bluestar 56 59 Jul 25, 2014 05:53PM
A-Z Cats 31 18 Dec 13, 2013 08:46AM

• Darkstalker (Wings of Fire: Legends, #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Philip, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natur

Warriors Super Edition (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Firestar's Quest (Warriors Super Edition, #1)
  • SkyClan's Destiny (Warriors Super Edition, #3)
  • Crookedstar's Promise (Warriors Super Edition, #4)
  • Yellowfang's Secret (Warriors Super Edition, #5)
  • Tallstar's Revenge (Warriors Super Edition, #6)
  • Bramblestar's Storm (Warriors Super Edition, #7)
  • Moth Flight's Vision (Warriors Super Edition, #8)
  • Hawkwing's Journey (Warriors Super Edition, #9)
  • Tigerheart's Shadow (Warriors Super Edition, #10)
  • Crowfeather’s Trial (Warriors Super Edition, #11)

News & Interviews

“I've got my warrior name, too!"
Crookedjaw?"
How did you guess?" A purr rumbled in his throat.
Because your tail's still straight.”
273 likes
“Tigerkit was nagging his mother.
"Why can't I go out?"
"You've just come in."
"But it's a sunny day."
"You need a nap."
"I'm not tired."
"You will be later."
"I'll sleep then."
"But you'll be grumpy all afternoon if you don't nap now."
"No, I won't."