Start by marking “Twinkle Sews: 25 Handmade Fashions from the Runway to Your Wardrobe” as Want to Read:
Twinkle Sews: 25 Handmade Fashions from the Runway to Your Wardrobe

Twinkle Sews: 25 Handmade Fashions from the Runway to Your Wardrobe

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Many Twinkle fans were first introduced to Wenlan Chia’s signature fresh, young, whimsical style through her knitting books. But before Wenlan knitted, she sewed. And the pieces in her fashion line, Twinkle by Wenlan, are seen not just on the fashion runways and in the pages of InStyle, Lucky, and Vogue, but in high-end stores with high-end prices such as Barneys and Saks ...more
Published September 29th 2009 by Potter Craft

To ask other readers questions about Twinkle Sews, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twinkle Sews

Nelly
Apr 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: intermediate / advanced sewers
Shelves: sewing, dressmaking
Great photographs showing a lot of details, cute wearable designs, but a big minus for the patterns on CD. Every seamstress checks the measurements on the pattern first, before deciding what changes need to be made if any. In this case you will have to rely on the size chart of the book and print the pattern out first, before you can measure it. If you then find out that you would have preferred the smaller or bigger size, you can start all over again, gluing all those pages together. Some garme ...more
Alethea A
Mar 25, 2012 rated it liked it
I love looking at Twinkle designs, but you really kind of need a runway-ready occasion to wear these outfits. I'd look bizarre wearing most of these pieces to work or the grocery store. Perhaps it's just time I took up some more glamorous pursuits. I do think the A-Plus A-Line skirt is definitely something I would make and wear, but to wear many of the other pieces I'd have to lose about 20lbs first. Twinkle models are pretty twiggy and I can't imagine many of the designs (like Love in the After ...more
Reyna
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I gave this 4 stars bc the patterns weren't printed already in the back, we have to print them ourselves. In a way it's bad, bc currently I'm out of ink and when I buy ink it will not last long if I want to make several of the patterns on this book. Or do I have to go to a printer and pay to get it done? That would only be more money on top of what I paid for the book. Other than that I Love the book. It has great outfits and I would make many, if not all of them. I give it 4 stars, pick it up, ...more
Rachel
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it
The designs are adorable and the fabric suggestions are perfect for each piece, but the instructions are funky and are not meant for just starting out. The sizes are odd, too, and the Eye for an Eyelet shirt I made is definitely outerwear but ended up being an off-the-shoulder kind of thing on me.

Printing out + taping together the patterns is time consuming, but I already buy printer paper in bulk quantities. Trust me, it's worth it.
Christie
Oct 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Love this stuff! It's nice it also comes with a CD full of patterns in the book, you can choose which size to print. Wenlan has a great style sense. I was slightly disappointed with how bulky some of the items are but hey $30 for a book with patterns that's super cost effective compared to buying Vogue patterns retail!
Rae
Jan 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I think this book might be a little over my head. First I need to get past the whole print-out-the-pattern thing (yes, what a hypocrite I am), and then I'm not sure I will be technically able to make them, based on the techniques shown in the book. But I will try, darnit, and if I have to die making that dress on the front, I will.
Jaime David
Apr 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
After checking this out from the library, I had to run and get my own copy right away. I have not made anything from the book yet, but I am have many of the projects in mind. Still looking for the perfect fabric. I especially like the CD that you can use to print patterns. I hope it works as easy as it sounds.

Kristin Lyon
Nov 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I know this doesnt really count as a "book-book" but i Could look at this over and over again. There are so many things I'd love to make when I get a little more confident in my skills!
Shelly
Jan 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sewing
Prepare to print, print and print some more.
This is def an itermidiate/advanced sewing book.
Grace
Oct 11, 2009 rated it did not like it
I've skimmed through the entire book and carefully read two projects that I want to make. The book has beautiful photography, but the technical editing and directions are awful.
Anne
Oct 15, 2016
Juliana
Mar 29, 2013
Autumn
rated it did not like it
Oct 26, 2009