Start by marking “All of Baby, Nose to Toes” as Want to Read:
All of Baby, Nose to Toes

All of Baby, Nose to Toes

From eyes to ears, tummy to nose, legs to toes, there's a lot for baby to discover - and even more for a family to love. Bright, buoyant art and a roly-poly little baby are sure to inspire plenty of giggling and grabbing and feet-in-the-air-ing. For every baby - and every parent who loves that baby to bits - here's the perfect first book.
Published June 11th 2009 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about All of Baby, Nose to Toes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All of Baby, Nose to Toes

Andrew
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-lit
It was cute

-Stella B
Donna Mork
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Done in rhyme, from eyes, ears, nose, to tummy, legs, and toes. Who loves the baby? The whole family does.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Who loves baby? Me! I do.

I consider this book a cuddle book. Adler identifies a body part and shares various adjectives about it. She wraps up each little section with a who loves and a me cuddle. The repetition is great to identify parts of the body, but it can be a bit long for very little ones. Readers always have the option to shorten the book. I read the entire text for storytime, but the babies did get a bit squirrely after a while.

Theme: Baby Storytime

Reviewed from a library copy.
Sessy
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-storytime
The author uses lyrical text to describe various body parts. The book shows different family members loving the baby. There is also the phrase, "Me! I do." for audience participation.
Meghan Hunt
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jp-picture-books
Great book to share for Book Babies program at library. Did have to shorten it slightly, though.
Chinook
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
This has been a family favourite. I think Ruth gave it to us when Kait was born and they have both loved it. The overarching story of getting messy and needing a bath, the actual rhyming words, the love of turning the page to see who the “me, I do!” will be has not grown old.
Elise
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-mercy
The adorableness in this book is a lot. We got this for our first daughter (4) and it's special again for baby #2 (3 months).
Emily Green
Another Bug love. Goes through different body parts and the family members who love them. Sneezing part on the nose page is a favorite.
Caitlinleah
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books
Love this one. Adorable. Rhythmic rhyming text makes it hard not to sing, sweetness makes it hard not to squeal. Lots of words but easily abridged.
Calvin
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loving the parts when my mom points out my toes!
Mely
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
cute adorable book. cute adorable baby.
Rachel
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-stuff
Cute and happy, but to me more suited to one on one reading than storytimes.
Nov 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books to use for baby storytime. I can actually see myself memorizing this text when I get around to having kids to use for a rhyme/playtime.

Things that are great:
The text - The rhythm and rhyme (both internal and line enders) are spot on, mimicking the typical babyese kind of talk without being overly cutesy. It's a joy to read out loud. There's also lots of opportunity for interaction (peeka-boo, drumming on a tummy/raspberries, dancing, toe-nibbling) which is one
Erin
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a very cute book about Baby and all her adorable baby parts - nose to toes, as the title says. I read it tonight with my 2-year-old daughter, who was captivated by the cheerful illustrations. She's very into Dr. Seuss rhyming books right now, which is partially why I picked this book up at the library. It has some very clever rhymes, and a repetition that made it easy for my daughter to anticipate what came next.

I was a little concerned that it might be too young for her (she's been over
Dawn
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
All of Baby Nose to Toes by Victoria Adler is a picture book to share with readers under two years. The bright colorful soft illustrations extend and fill the edges of each page making this work easy to engage children with. This text creatively goes over each part of the body in a fun way small children can relate to. The body parts covered in this book are eyes, ears, nose, tummy, legs, and baby toes. Through fun playful images we see the little baby exploring different parts of the body with ...more
Robert Beveridge
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cle-pub-lib, finished
Victoria Adler, All of Baby Nose to Toes (Dial Books, 2009)

Victoria Adler is another author (viz. David Milgrim above) who got her book put on hold at the library because one of hers (Baby, Come Away) is in heavy rotation at Goat Central storytime. All of Baby Nose to Toes isn't the world's most original book, but Adler seems to be on more solid ground than she was when trying to think way outside the box in Baby, Come Away. I actually liked this one a little bit more, though honestly it's like
Amy Forrester
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This bright and cheerful rhyming book celebrates Baby, from her bright little eyes down to her ten teeny-tiny toes. Each 2 page spread introduces a new body part, sings the praises of Baby’s “caper and prance legs” and “round as pies eyes,” and then asks a question, “Who loves baby’s eyes?” By the end of the book, everyone agrees that this sweet baby is, “Good enough to eat baby. Sweep me off my feet baby.”

The rhythm of this joyful book will keep youngsters entertained. The pages are filled to t
Elizabeth Moreau Nicolai
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: baby-storytime
Review: really great share on one on book, fairly good storytime book. With a little coaching the parents get into tickling toes, tummy, etc on their baby as you read, but with the pastels and smaller photos, overall it is a better one on one book than group baby storytime book. However it isn't impossible because they are simplistic pictures and text and it is so sweet. When you get the parents to interact with their babies with this book, it is a lovely choice. I will use it again for baby sto ...more
Baby Bookworm
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our review today is All Of Baby, Nose To Toes, written by Victoria Adler and illustrated by Hiroe Nakata, an adorable rhyming book about little bodies! On each page, a different part of baby is highlighted: ears, nose, belly, etc, followed by a family member who loves that wee little feature!

This book is adorable! It’s great to read along with baby bookworms, because you can ea
Asho
We loved this book! What a great library find. The rhythm is catchy, and it has tons of opportunity for interaction. I get down on the floor and read this one to my 8 month-old, complete with drumming on his belly, squeezing his chubby little legs, kissing his toes...it's so much fun. He belly laughs while we read it. I think we'll have to buy a copy of this one.

ETA November 2018: Now reading this one to Baby F, and I read it to Baby L as well. We did indeed buy our own copy of it. I still think
Gwen the Librarian
Jul 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks
Perfect rhymes, perfect illustrations; this is the perfect book for your little one. It would make a perfect board book, but most rarely come in that format first, so I'll cut them some slack here. Let me just quote the first pages:
Baby's got eyes,
bright little eyes.
Round as pies eyes.
Just the right size eyes.
Like an owl-wise eyes. Peeka-peeka-boo.
Who loves baby's eyes?
Me! I do.

And so it goes from head to toe, naming baby's parts.
Angie
Oct 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture, 10-texas2x2
The artwork is precious. The idea is precious. But I wonder ... a book that is so baby centered ... maybe it's just me but I see it getting ripped up pretty quickly. Maybe adapting it to a board book?

But a definite cute choice for a gift upon hearing of someone who is going to have a baby. I can see an expectant mother turning the pages and thinking of the day when the little one finally appears.
Beth
Adorable "baby's body" book. The rhymes are catchy and bouncy (the author, a new mom, came up with them while working out and it shows). Illustrations are cute without being treacly.

A great 1-year-old lapsit book and a great way to learn rhymes, activities and body parts. A little small and long for infant/toddler storytimes, but one could read a section to a small group and then let caregivers take copies home to finish.
Anne
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
First of all, the artwork is adorable. But I have 2 major complaints with this book:
1) It is too long. It should have been edited down and published as a board book, which would probably have eliminated my 2nd complaint, which is:
2)The made up words!!! ACK. I really don't care for trying to make a rhyme scan by just adding a "y" to words. NOOOOOO.

My daughter recieved this book for free from the Imagination Library program, for which all children under 5 in our county are eligible.
Alyssa
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I really love a children's book that is illustrated well. It captures the attantion of the little one you are reading it to and keeps it there on a journey. This book can definatley do that for the little ones (and me :o).
A sweet way to learn general body parts and feel loved. Very easy to replicate in real life as you go thru the book. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
The Book Box
Jun 26, 2014 added it
Shelves: own
First read on 12/17/14: I own a copy of this book, but there was also one in the waiting room of the clinic! Daddy read it to me while we waited to get my six month shots.

Re-read on 1/3/16: Mama read this to me while pointing out the body parts on herself, and I pointed to them on me - and sometimes on the baby in the picture!
Jess Brown
Adorable illustrations accompany this book that literally covers all of baby, nose to toes. I like the interactive nature of it (that a mom could read it while tickling and touching each part of her child), but it might be a bit long for true babies (though there's nothing wrong with just reading parts of it at a time), it's great for toddlers.
Sandy Champagne
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My son LOVES when we read this book. We received it as part of the Dolly Parton Imagination Library about a week ago and every night, without fail, my son (who is 1 1/2) wants to read it. I love the illustrations, the rhythm, and the interaction the narrative facilitates. Truly a MUST HAVE for parents of babies and toddlers.
Little John
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Adored this book! It's a series of fun rhymes about baby body parts with super adorable illustrations. When we read this book with LittleJohn we usually take turns saying "Me! I do!" and kissing or tickling the part being rhymed about. LittleJohn loves that part. When he asks for this story, he calls it "Do!"
Endya Melvin
This an adorable little picture about the different parts of a baby’s body. Throughout the book the author talks about the baby’s ears, nose, eyes, and other body parts describing each one. I would use this book to student’s different rhyming words, as well as adjectives. Adjectives are used throughout the book to describes the different body parts.
  • How Do You Make a Baby Smile?
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Baby Danced the Polka
  • Lots of Dots
  • Yawn
  • Baby Says "Moo!"
  • Mommy, Carry Me Please!
  • Hello, Day!