Start by marking “The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past” as Want to Read:
The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past

The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past

Compared to Stephen Covey and Tony Robbins as a visionary thinker, Dan Sullivan brings practical, powerful new approaches to success in life and business. "The Laws of Lifetime Growth outlines ten "laws" that give readers an internal framework for taking charge of their future. All it takes to use each of these laws is a slight shift in thinking, which anyone -- regardless ...more
Published January 19th 2006 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Laws of Lifetime Growth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Laws of Lifetime Growth

Start your review of The Laws of Lifetime Growth: Always Make Your Future Bigger Than Your Past
Darren Bueckert
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A lot of good information on how to grow, and to become more successful, and that having questions is usually better then having all the questions
Markos
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
10 'laws' that have some good examples in the book, but have a few too many references to 'Dan Sullivan, Strategic Coach'.

Some very well made points but perhaps could have been summarised down to about 5 instead
* be a lifetime learner / keep asking questions
* Keep to your purpose
* Look to contribute and perform rather than the reward or accolades
* Team and people are the key to your personal success
Emily D
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: purpose
A concise and helpful way of thinking about the principles behind servant leadership. Covey's framework in Seven Habits is more memorable and (I am so sorry) MECE, so I'd probably recommend that one over The Laws of Lifetime Growth. ...more
Mark Manderson
Sep 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Everything looks like failure in the middle. The most successful entrepreneurs know this so they don't stop until the end.

Always make your contributions bigger than your Rewards.

Always make your gratitude larger than your success.

Be proactive with your gratitude. That is given before it is deserved.

Use Sprint to break down large tasks into manageable goals with deadlines and then turn it into a game with Rewards.

Always make your purpose greater than your money.

Ask questions to genuinely know the
Daniela
May 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nothing revolutionary but good life reminders to have a growth mindset and be optimistic. The table of contents and weekly exercise at the end of the book pretty much sum it up.
Staci
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an okay book, rather short and even shorter if you don't include the examples given with each "law". The laws seem pretty solid though, and something to focus on, particularly the way they are written: "Make Your 'A' Bigger/Greater Than Your 'B'; some good A-B pairs from the book are Future-Past, Learning-Experience and Cooperation-Status. A decent book but not awe-inspiring. ...more
Nick
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Avoid the cliché of “personal growth” books with this concise, directed guide to measuring and improving growth. By providing 10 clear perspectives on what growth can mean, it provides a structure to assess and expand one’s abilities and contributions, and move past plateaus by providing new ways of thinking about lifetime growth. Recommended.
Jesse Stoddard
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dan Sullivan is a genius in the area of entrepreneurial coaching and training. This is another short and sweet book from the world of Strategic Coach, which shares great principles and mindsets to help you live healthy, wealthy, and wise.
Kristijonas  Vasiliauskas
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love the growth mindset improving books. This is one of them. It has some commercials inside promoting authors other business but still, it is a good book. Recommend to those who are constantly looking for books on how to never stop improving your mindset.
Diane Zhu
May 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fanni Melles
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These laws help me to concentrate on growing in personal and professional life alike - easy to understand, although challenging to follow - not as challenging than living a not-growing life, so quite balanced for me! Thank for this summary!
Nopadol Rompho
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favourite
This book is about how we can make our future bigger than our past. It is how we grow. Good book and easy to read.
Joel Stockstill
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great concept

I really enjoyed this book. The concept is great but the actual breakdown of material is a little less than desired.
David
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. I read it a few times and will probably read it again!
Steven
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Worth every penny! Timeless laws for lifeitme growth. This book needs more 5 star reviews! Looking forward to read more materials from Dan Sullivan
Joe
Aug 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great book about getting things in order, planning where you want to get to and what you need to do to get there.

Of course the bigger outcome is who you need to become to get there.
Mel
May 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library, e-book
Pretty interesting
Brad Bevers
May 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
Skippable if you have read just a couple business self-help books.
Micha Goebig
Jun 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Pretty basic. Didn’t hold my attention so I just skimmed through it.
Rebecca
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it
The worship arts team leaders at my church read this book as a group. In general, I don't really go for self-improvement books.

However, I am at a point in my life where I'm evaluating the progress I've made over the last few years, and trying to figure out what to do next. As such, the theme of lifetime growth espoused in this book really resonated with me.

Coming off of a huge career high last summer, I found encouragement in the idea that "it's possible to have a bigger future [than your past:]
Ryan Klein
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was ok
Contrived and easily forgettable.
Sheriff Mansaray
This is a very interesting book; it has important life stories and laws that will help anyone regardless of age or income to grow. I want to be someone in life that do not want to depend on anyone for anything, and this ten simple rules in this book will help go a long way. Reading this book and follow it rules, they will help you discover some of the abilities you never thought you have in life. This book also includes some example and self assessment on how to measure your performance on each ...more
Roger K.
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a short yet impactful book. There's a slight bit of "blog series extended to a book" vibe to it, but the points are succinct and form a nice structure:

* Make my future bigger than my past
* Make my learning greater than my experience
* Make my contribution bigger than my reward
* Make my performance greater than my applause
* Make my gratitude greater than my success
* Make my enjoyment greater than my effort
* Make my cooperation greater than my status
* Make my confidence greater than
Anders Dejeet
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you come across a book that changes your life. This short simple yet profound book has transformed the way I look at personal growth and has given me a practical approach to implement the principles of another book I am reading, Carol Dweck’s ‘Mindset’.
This will be added to the limited shelf of books like the classics ‘How to Win Friends and Influence People’ by Dale Carnegie and ‘The Five Love Languages’ by Gary Chapman and a handful of others that I am committed to reading at least
Millsfredo
This is the first book I have ever read by Dan Sullivan. I picked up this book at a stage in which I felt that my progress was slow and stagnating.

The Laws of Lifetime Growth will provide ideas and suggestions for growing in various aspects of your life. So if you need that 'push' to move on or scale a higher level in your career, make this a 'must read' and begin to 'Make Your Future Bigger than Your Past'
David
Dec 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dan Sullivan is a master of simplifying lives. He specializes in doing this for the very complex and jumbled lives of entrepreneurs, but this is a prime example of how so much of what he coaches on is applicable to everybody. Use these ten laws to find yourself constantly achieving growth, personally and professionally. It is a very rewarding read.
Jim Marsh
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
The book outlines 10 laws for Lifetime Growth, which are values one should have in order to be continually improving and trying to develop one’s talents.

The laws are pretty straight forward, and while I can’t think of anything that really stood out from other similar books, it did a solid job of outlining those things that we should all be doing.
Brian Howard
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal! I was expecting your usual self help success book, but this was so much more. It was focused not only on personal success, but also success in making the world a better place. It was about making personal growth the goal and personal success the bi-product. I highly recommend!
Gina
I received this book as a First Read. It provides good tips and stories about how to grow as a person. It focuses on learning, gratitude, cooperation, confidence, and purpose. It has useful questions to ask yourself to help guide you in growing. The chart at the end of the book is particularly helpful for setting goals for growth and charting progress.
John
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be an interesting book that I have to say I enjoyed. After reading all the