Start by marking “The Magic Kingdom of Landover, Volume 2 (Magic Kingdom of Landover #4-5)” as Want to Read:
The Magic Kingdom of Landover, Volume 2 (Magic Kingdom of Landover #4-5)

The Magic Kingdom of Landover, Volume 2

(Magic Kingdom of Landover #4-5)

Now in one thrilling volume–experience the magic, the intrigue, and the exciting escapades of the final two novels in Terry Brooks’s spellbinding Magic Kingdom of Landover series

All appears well with Ben Holiday. He’s finally secured for himself the throne of Landover, and he and his wife, the exquisite sylph Willow, are expecting their first child. But their peaceful day
Published August 18th 2009 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Kingdom of Landover, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Kingdom of Landover, Volume 2

Start your review of The Magic Kingdom of Landover, Volume 2 (Magic Kingdom of Landover #4-5)
Shala
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ive been working on these two novels for a bit. Though this series has been a fun romp, I was ultimately underwhelmed by the ending. A 4 star series the way through with the humor and the loveable characters.
Tatra
Aug 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, 2018-august, fantasy
The Tangle Box
I finished this book on 8/24/18. The plot was ok on this one, kind of vaguely annoying. People have no clue what they are doing. Strabo is still the best.

Witches’ Brew
I started this in the omnibus and then continued this in the paperback.
Brandi Coffey
I loved the beginning of this series; however, I felt as if there were really only a last installment of follow up worth of material. I live Terry Brooks writing style, but this was very disappointing end to what could have been a cute young adult series.
Franz
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Great fun
I have now read all six books in this series, and hope that the seventh book which is announced will be written andpublished
Brittnay Lokken
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this series!
Luci
Mar 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As some other reviewers state, this is bubblegum fantasy. This is the type of book you give younger students and introduce them to fantasy. This is a very by the numbers book and it is pretty vanilla when it comes to the range of emotions. It's not necessarily bad writing but just a rehashing of plot points over and over. The supporting characters are pretty stock and the situations get resolved essentially the same way. I will finish the series because book 6 actually sounds pretty entertaining ...more
Brian
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I first read this series when I was in junior high or high school, and re-read it a couple decades later. I'm pleased I came back to it! I've read and enjoyed a number of Brooks's Shanarra series, but they always strike me as ponderous and slow. I don't really approve of what I see as the commercialization of the series - the constant revisiting of the world seems to me like simply a way to sell more books, capitalizing on a single idea without bringing new concepts to the series.
The Magic Kin
Heather
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Terry Brooks had a great idea: that someone could actually BUY a magic kingdom. I bought into this magic kingdom of Landover along with its new owner/king in volume 1, and enjoyed discovering the land and meeting its inhabitants. But by volume 2, Brooks' underestimation of his readers becomes seriously annoying. His prose becomes so repetitive one begins to feel like a dementia patient, constantly being reminded of who everyone and everything is. Dear author, we are only here reading BECAUSE we ...more
Andrew
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Like the first three books in the Magic Kingdom of Landover series, these two (combined here into a single omnibus edition) were fun to read.

The dialog might be somewhat simplistic, the characters sometimes painfully oblivious, and some of the plot lines predictable, but overall these two books are very enjoyable.

If I had a complaint it would be that Terry Brooks spent too much time, in my humble opinion, on including summarizies of previous books.
Sacha
Jul 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought the story itself was really good. However, I felt as though he never really got more than surface deep. The story was simply told. I found it hard to really connect with the characters because of that.
gary cullum
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a major Terry Brooks fan. Everything he writes entertains me!

Continuing the story of Ben holiday is a winner! After reading the first book, you long to know how his life is going in handover! This book continues the wonderful story!
Lonnie Smith
Mar 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A good series. Occasionally, the conflicts seemed too easily/quickly resolved, which sort of bothered me, but I enjoyed Terry Brook's way of melding a modern mind with the world of Fantasy. Worth a read.
Jen
Mar 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Entertaining, but nothing too original here. I find the plots of each of the books in this series are pretty repetitive, although I do enjoy them.
Anh
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, liked
I definitely liked this book. It's much more better than the previous.
Jessie
Russ
Jun 20, 2014
Phil
Oct 24, 2019

• The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
  • The King's Letters
  • Tyrant's Throne (Greatcoats, #4)
  • Saint's Blood (Greatcoats, #3)
  • Oathbreaker (The King's Hounds #2)
  • The King's Hounds (The King's Hounds, #1)
  • Johnny Got His Gun
  • Doctor Socrates: Footballer, Philosopher, Legend
  • The Fifth Knight (The Fifth Knight #1)
  • The Blood of The Fifth Knight
  • A Man's Word (The King's Hounds, #3)
  • Come on You Reds: The Story of Toronto FC
  • Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina (Star Wars)
  • Take Your Eye Off the Puck: How to Watch Hockey By Knowing Where to Look
  • Inverting the Pyramid: The History of Football Tactics
Terry Brooks was born in Illinois in 1944, where he spent a great deal of his childhood and early adulthood dreaming up stories in and around Sinnissippi Park, the very same park that would eventually become the setting for his bestselling Word & Void trilogy. He went to college and received his undergraduate degree from Hamilton College, where he majored in English Literature, and he received his ...more

Magic Kingdom of Landover (6 books)
  • Magic Kingdom for Sale/Sold (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #1)
  • The Black Unicorn (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #2)
  • Wizard at Large (Magic Kingdom of Landover #3)
  • The Tangle Box (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #4)
  • Witches' Brew (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #5)
  • A Princess of Landover (Magic Kingdom of Landover, #6)