Start by marking “Black Widow” as Want to Read:

Black Widow

They told him she was dead. They were wrong.

James Thomas is content. His private security firm is thriving, he’s enjoying his role as head of the CIA, and he’s happily married to the woman he loves more than life itself. But just when everything is going right, she resurfaces…

The Black Widow.

Five long years he searched for her. When the CIA told him she was dead—killed in
Kindle Edition
Published December 5th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Black Widow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Widow

Start your review of Black Widow
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 05, 2022 rated it really liked it
I'm going to start out by saying Brooke Sivendra is a new to me author, and I find that I LOVE her writing style so I'll be reading previous books, especially in this particular world. I'm completely weak for a bada** female in any book, and our Black Widow certainly is that but I won't tell you more about her because it's better to draw your own conclusions. James has his own security firm AND is head of the CIA with an amazing wife, so when the Black Widow comes across his desk after years of ...more
Lauren
Dec 04, 2022 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and I didnt realize it was wrapped in with a series. There is alot going on and the story definitely kept me on my toes. The black widow has me intrigued and wanting me 2 know so much more about her. I will definitely be going back and reading the James Thomas books to learn more.
Renee
Dec 05, 2022 rated it really liked it

They told him she was dead. They were wrong.
James Thomas is content. His private security firm is thriving, he's enjoying his role as head of the CIA, and he's happily married to the woman he loves more than life itself. But just when everything is going right, she resurfaces...
The Black Widow.
Five long years he searched for her. When the CIA told him she was dead-killed in an explosion he'd caused-he
Liz
Dec 03, 2022 rated it really liked it
A new to me author and I didn’t realise that not only is Black Widow part of a series but also that it is only novella length although saying that Brooke Sivendra has packed a great story into a small package but I do feel that it would’ve added to my reading enjoyment if I’d known more of the backgrounds and histories of the various characters if I’d read some of the previous books first especially as this book deals with the aftermath from events from five years before. This hasn’t put me off, ...more
Hanan
Dec 01, 2022 rated it really liked it
Ms. Sivendra is a new to me author.
The title of the book intrigued me as well as the blurb.
I was hooked from the first sentence to the last.
I didn’t realize that this novella is part of interconnected books.
I wish I had read the previous stories and gotten to know James and his team.
The author gives enough information so I was not lost while reading.
But I would have felt more connected and invested in the characters if I’d read their stories.
I loved the idea of the story. Not often do I come acr
Tiffany Readz
3.5 Stars-More Action than Romance

In Black Widow, Brooke Sivendra takes readers on an action packed whodunit ride up until the last page.

James Thomas and his team are after the elusive Black Widow and instantly know something about the case is off. The story quickly turns into a cat and mouse chase leaving readers to wonder who the good guy really is. While we get some backstory on James and his team, it didn’t feel like enough to keep me vested.

The book is well written, however I lacked a majo
Daisy Nijs
Dec 04, 2022 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of the series that I read, and now I will go back to the beginning, just to know what happens to all the characters.
This novella takes place five years later. They all thought she was dead, until James gets a picture of her in his hands. She is most definitely not dead… and she is out for revenge.

I was hooked from the beginning. It was just a novella, and because I haven’t read the previous books in the series, I feel like I’m missing some major stuff. But that’s for me to
Eveie Hickman
Nov 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Brooke does not disappoint with this novella, about James Thomas and his nemesis Lisa aka The Black Widow. It leads us on a journey reconnecting with old friends and some new ones, however Lisa is afterJames for killing her Brother Fred. However in the meantime she has befriend Jenna a ruthless single minded woman who wants Lisa to her self, but she made the mistake of killing her brother Fred and blaming it on James. However it does not explain the contract on James Thomas head I suppose that i ...more
Carmela Dimattia
Dec 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I was so caught up in the mystery, suspense and drama of it all. If you have read any of Ms Sivendra’s books about James Thomas and Thomas Security then this book is a must read. Even though this was a novella it still had the same effect as a full length novel and all the twists and turns that Ms Sivendra included had me on the edge of my seat. I am officially a huge fan and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book in this series.

I received an arc copy from t
Laura Reads Too Much
Dec 04, 2022 rated it really liked it
My first read by this author and it won't be my last - I need more on James' books!!

This is an action / suspense / thriller story, there's no romance or even an inkling of romance, that's not what this is - so if that's what you were expecting, you're in the wrong place HOWEVER it is still a really good read!

I wasn't expecting this but I'm glad I got it!

It's a novella so it's a short read but it is packed with action, excellent intriguing characters and a twist - definitely worth reading!!

*I vo
Bookwormtvaddict
4 stars
ARC COPY REVIEW
book #7 in the James Thomas series

suspense, law enforcement, novella, secrets, multiple pov, novella, action, thriller

this quick novella-length story follows a story plot of where a cat and mouse chase occurs when an enemy from the past, the Black Widow, is back and not dead as she was presumed to be. With an assassin back and aiming to get revenge on James Thomas and his team, the suspenseful reunion reveals a secret or two about the past and present.
Zoe
Nov 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
A James Thomas Novella
Brooke Sivendra
A killer they thought was dead. Adrenaline pumping action, suspense and spy surprises. A book I did not want to put down.
Lachlan from Redwood, loved that guy in “Eden” and of course the whole JT Security gang form a strong character base for this novella. James continues to be an enigma. Ms Sivendra hit this out of the park.
I received an arc of this novella.
5 stars
Wendy Livingstone
James is head of the CIA, and has a private successful security company, and after searching for the Blake Widow for 5-years, he is informed she is dead, that us until a photograph arrives on his desk. The Black Widow is alive and seeking vengeance. This is a good story, which has action, intrigue, suspense, danger, twists, revenge, and is a thrilling page turner.
I look forward to reading more from this talented author whose work I highly recommend.
Suzanne Hay
Dec 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Once again we get to meet up with the amazing James Thomas his friend in action Lachlan, where he meets & confronts the Black Widow, whom they know murdered their friend & mentor Fred. Samual, Declan & the gang are all back along with Lachlan Taylor whom we saw in Eden, & who’s wife was murdered by Black Widow. I love how with Brooke you can never tell where the storyline is going next. I loved the feeling of never knowing what was happening next. Another adrenaline fueled mystery.
Imani
Dec 02, 2022 rated it really liked it
MRS C MARSHALL
Nov 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I have read this ARC book and giving my honest review.
Wow from the first page to the last it was fantastic.
I Could not put this down so read in one day.
Exciting, drama and a twist I did not see coming.
I am not spoiling this you have to read for yourself .
Hoping you enjoy as much as I did .
Christine Scotney
Nov 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the JT series.
This novella hasn’t disappointed, just as good as the rest of the series.
Short, but packed with what we all love about JT.
James is working for the cia, something he never ever thought he would do again, but he still heads up Thomas security with Deacon.
Very well written.
I received this Novella as an arc. I’ve preordered the Novella
Joanne
Dec 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Wow Ms Sivendra has done it again. Even tho this is novella length she’s managed to pack in so much drama, suspense and intrigue into a novella. Our favourite character JT is back and going up against the Black Widow. What follows is a compelling story that will have you in the edge of your seat once again. Our favourite characters never disappoint. Wonderful book.
Marissa Baney
Dec 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the series that I have read and now I want to go back to find out more. Though because I didn’t read the previous books I did miss something that were going on. But still a good novella.

James an CIA agent believes that Black widow is dead until after searching for her for 5 years he comes across her again..

She has a hit list and he is on it..
Angela Dula
Dec 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think James has put his past to rest, it raises its head again. I am so happy to be back in the world of James and Deacon Thomas. I missed them. Brooke Sivendra never fails to draw me into a world of intrigue with characters that I have come to love. I hold my breath from the first page and don't want the last one to come.
Susan
Nov 28, 2022 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I read from this author and I received an advanced copy. It was non stop action and suspense. It's a short novella that can easily be read in an evening. I just wished it was longer so I could understand the characters more. I just wished there was more back story, but if you like romantic suspense, then this didn't disappoint. ...more
Victoria Wyatt
Dec 04, 2022 rated it really liked it
James Thomas has been after Black Widow for awhile. Lisa aka Widow is a dangerous assassin and she is seeking revenge for her brother’s death. This is a mystery, suspense, and interesting read. Not a romance and should not be rated as one. It was a good mystery read with a twist and betrayal.

I received this copy and my spoiler free review is voluntary
Jackie
Nov 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
What an intriguing book, plenty of mystery and suspense to keep you hooked forever. James is happy with his life, but unfortunately things might change. The person he thought was dead, is alive. There’s no way you can stop until you find out the end.
Tris
Nov 01, 2022 rated it really liked it
I was given a pre-publication copy in return for an honest review.
JT's story continues.
Loved the novella, fast paced and action packed.
I felt the final chapter rushed the ending, but otherwise a great story.
Louise
Nov 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Brooke Sivendra keeps us on the edge of our seats. Enjoyed joining James Thomas and crew on another adventure as I’ve missed these characters. And once again, the ending made my mouth drop open.
Marie H
Nov 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing
ARC Reader

Loved this book! Although a novella, wonderful story and characters. Huge twist at the end.
JT and the gang are back! Brooke sure knows how the capture her readers.
diane campbell
Nov 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and was so glad to connect with her characters in the James Thomas series again.
Jacqui Walton
Nov 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
The Black Widow was a chance to get back into the world of James Thomas. It was like going home and all the family are there.
I loved it and it just made me hungry for more. There is always lots of action and nail biting moments. I loved it. More please Brooke.
Lynn
Nov 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I love Brooke Sivendra's books so I was really looking forward to this new one and the return of James Thomas and the team.
I was a little disappointed that it was a novella and felt that there was not enough time to renew our relationship with the individual characters. I thought the plot also suffered a little by the shortness of the book.
We are used to lots of twists and turns from Brooke's books. This one doesn't have time for that although there is an unexpected twist at the end.
However, as
Brenda Walters
Dec 05, 2022

• Olivia: A Cold Case Murder Mystery Romance
  • Code Name: Outlaw (Linear Tactical, #15)
  • Kingdom of Chains
  • LANA: A Christian Romantic Suspense (Cold Case Murder Mystery Series Book 3)
  • Hunting Grounds Vol I
  • Shadow Fire (Shadow Riders #7)
  • The Hemsworth Effect
  • A Rake of His Own (Stariel, #5)
  • Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Series: Book 5-6 (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, #5-6)
  • Hidden Scars (DI Kim Stone, #17)
  • Dare You to Lie (Oak Springs #4)
  • A Christmas in Manchester
  • Shadow Storm (Shadow Riders #6)
  • Hot!: A Charity Anthology
  • The Siege, Part 2 (Kings of Guardian #14)
  • Devil's Way (Kate Marshall, #4)
  • My Husband’s Secret
  • The Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Series: Book 7-8
Brooke Sivendra is a best-selling author of more than eighteen romantic suspense novels. She wrote her debut novel in 2015, after walking away from a career in Nuclear Medicine.

Instead of spending her days working in hospitals, Brooke spends them creating heart-racing, thrilling stories of bad boys with good intentions. Readers say her books are like, 'Jason Bourne for women.'

Brooke Sivendra live

News & Interviews

As the final days of the year tick themselves off the calendar, the 2022 Goodreads Reading Challenge is coming to a close. Sincere...