Start by marking “Domination (Deviations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Domination (Deviations, #2)

Domination

(Deviations #2)

In this sequel to Deviations: Submission, Dom Tobias and Sub Noah are back, learning more about each other and their relationship, testing the boundaries of what they can and cannot handle, both together and apart. Tobias works at becoming more comfortable and finding his balance as a full-time Master again. Meanwhile, his work brings out the true submissive in Noah, who f ...more
Published September 30th 2006 by Torquere Press (first published September 6th 2006)

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. HillDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris Owen
Best Gay BDSM
870 books — 1,159 voters
Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
2,997 books — 3,234 voters

More lists with this book...

Moony Eliver
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Are you a What or a How reader? To my thinking, we tend to review our reading experiences based on one of those. Sometimes it’s a combination of both, but usually one matters more than the other.

What: What happened in the book? What was the plot, what were the characteristics of the people in it, what decisions did they make?

How: How did the book make me feel? How well was the writing executed, how evocative was the story, how compelling were the characters?

I am, without any doubt, a How person.
Macky
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25*
Book two of the Deviations series and Tobias and Noah's relationship has evolved into something much more than just Dom and sub although they're still working to get it exactly as they want it to be and as before the sex is scorching sssssss!!

The BDSM scenes and play still offer enough kink to satisfy and the D/s elements are still strong and just as enlightening. There's a touch of conflict, this time with Tobias second guessing his and Noah's connection at one point and we see Phan wor
A Girl Has No Name
When I first lay eye on this series, I was sure that I would really enjoy the story of Tobias and Noah and while the first book was an okay read with an interesting setting and characters, I didn't get completely invested in their story. I wasn't able to connect with them and I was hoping that Domination, the second part of the series would paint a clearer picture of the two main characters.

Unfortunately, I still feel like a silent observer of their lifes - standing outside in the dark trying t
Katerina
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, favorites
Never lose its charm.
Timeless.
Oh, and I'm a special admirer of Phantom ;)
Brittany
Jun 21, 2012 added it
Shelves: m-m
Domination is the last book I'll be reading in the Deviations series. For a BDSM series it is far too mushy for me. I can't take Tobias seriously as a master. Tobias spoils his sub. He doesn't push or challenge Noah or himself. He gives in to Noah way too often. I've never seen a sub allowed so many orgasms in a BDSM novel. Tobias knows this and he acknowledges it at the beginning of the book. He says he slipped up a little and he wasn't getting what he wanted out of their relationship. The line ...more
Gina
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Gina by: Tina
Shelves: m-m, bdsm, favorites
This is book 2 of the Deviations series and a good follow up story to book one Submission (Deviations, #1) by Chris Owen. Here Tobias and Noah’s relationship begins to grow and each is adjusting to their new relationship. And to say the sex scenes and fantasy scenes are hot is putting it mildly! OMG, they almost burned my fingers as I turned the pages on my kindle!! There is a lot of sex in this book as in the last one, and I suspect the entire series will be this way. Such a hardship I know! LOL.

And again, I will say the difference
Awilk -never sleeps-
Every book in this series has been a one sitting read for me. I can't believe how much I am enjoying these books. In two days I read three of them. No doubt by the end of the week I will have finished the series and be suffering withdrawals.
Melissa
A complimentary copy of the audio was provided via AudioBook Boom in exchange for an honest review.

This will be my second time "reading" this story, and I have to say the audio really enhanced this story. I thoroughly enjoyed the story the first time and now with Maxx Power's narration, I am in love with these characters and their story for the second time!

I loved the relationship between Noah and Tobias. They are so well suited for each other and have grown closer since book 1. Phan of course
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Book #2 in the Deviations series - 4.5 Again with the abrupt ending

*sigh* So in love with Noah & Tobias

The beginning sees Tobias knowing that he's not challenging Noah enough in his submission. So he has to work on defining the line between lover & D/s to that both their needs can be met in order to keep their relationship from blowing up like the one with Phan.

There's a small speed bump when Tobias's reveals his vulnerability to Noah then tries to push it aside & goes all uber Dom o
F.
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, mm, erotica-m-m
A 4.5 star read. Unfortunately GR doesn't allow 1/2 stars but it didn't quite make the 5 so had to show it as a 4.

In this book the relationship grows between Tobias and Noah and Phantom is prominent towards the end. I enjoyed the New Year party and wonder if it is a sign of where things are heading now that Phantom has revealed his background and receiving help.

Have read the quick short Ratchet (Deviations, #2.5) by Chris Owen and will carry on with this series after a short break.
Heather
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather by: Amber
Even though these books end abruptly, I'm really liking them.
I wish we would of gotten just a little bit more right after the ending.

The MC's have a great connection. I like how they are not only pushing Noah's boundaries with his submission but Tobias as a Dom.
I wasn't sure I liked Phantom in the story line, but now there are set expectations and a hot scene between Phantom and Noah, I'm liking it.

I feel like these two are crossing real problems being in a D/s relationship that has crossed
Minerva
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-read, bdsm, loaded
This was so much better than the first book. Noah and Tobias really came alive for me. There was deep emotion that I could feel, I even became teary eyed a time or two. And Phantom was an absolute pleasure to read about. I hope the next book is as heartfelt and steamy.
Teri
4 stars (view spoiler)
I love Noah, he is sweet and honest and I am so glad that he speaks up and thinks things through and there isn't like BS miscommunication or suffering in silence or any of that. He is really good for Tobias as well, and I'm glad that Tobias made some mistakes, and had some time to think and grow. I wasn't
Leontine
Mar 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
After reading SUBMISSION I decided to read another novel but I couldn’t let go of Tobias and Noah, a sign for me that the first novel definitely left its mark on me. I decided to throw my “genre variation prevents boredom” rule overboard and just go with my need for more about these men. And more I definitely got…

With an established base line of trust Tobias and Noah head for an intensifying of their connection. Phantom, as Tobias former sub, stirs the deeper lying issues for both Tobias as well
Charly
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
More romantic and less disturbing than the first book

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 9/10

PROS:
- The serious, heavy BDSM actions continue in this volume, but I didn’t find them as disturbing/disquieting. (Maybe I’m just used to the ways in which Noah submits to Tobias after reading the first book.) There’s one scene in which Noah goes very deep into his headspace and Tobias has to coax him out of it that I found fascinating.
- The relationship has ev
LauraSt
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm-kink, m-m
4.5 STARS

I can't help but love this series. I love to see how Tobias and Noah progress, they're always together every step of the way and support each other at all times.

"You did well today, sweetheart," he said softly. Then he tipped Noah's head up by his chin and kissed him gently, sucking at his lower lip for a brief moment before pulling away. "Goodnight, Noah."

This time we see the couple testing boundaries, both working in what they need together or separated, Tobias on finding his balance
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰

What I like about these books is the simplicity of them. We all get overwhelmed periodically & get stuck. Problems often seem so daunting that we sometimes forget to break it down into smaller pieces & in so doing the problem becomes infinitely more manageable. It's seemingly such a simple concept that is all too often forgotten. These books take the mundane realities we all face infusing & brightening them up thereby making them both relatable & engaging.

The progression of Tobi
Xia Xia Lake
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-gay-bdsm
Let me just tip my hat to Noah's inner slut.
Except from a scene from book three where I almost dropped my tablet, this book might be the hottest one of the 5. If Submission opens the path to the world of BDSM and to Tobias and Noah's relationship, Domination soars like a proud galleon on a stormy sea, raising the stakes.
Man, the Domino scene was just out of this world.
I liked the new characters being introduced like Luca and his boy, even if we got a taste of them only briefly.
Oh, and Bradford
Oceans
Tobias and Noah are both growing. Noah as a sub and Tobias as a Dom. We finally get to know what happened to Noah in the past and now he has to face his fears to grow. I liked the interaction between them and the scenes were also good. I was surprised with (view spoiler) I still didn’t get the Phan past but he did spice up their relationship. Both main characters are good and we see how they are developing. Noah is almost too perfect ...more
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆
I waited too long to review this and I just finished Book 4 so I'll have to wing it.

Very sexy public scene outside Bradford's club - that I remember, lol and (view spoiler).

Tobias works on expanding Noah's limits and they both work on the separation between lover and Dom/submissive. And lots of sex.
Seregil
Sep 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I like this series (and this book) because it shows the human side of the Doms. They are not god like and perfect. They suffer, make mistakes, get scared and need their Subs as much as their Subs need them.
James Cox
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good story on the continuation of their relationship. I liked it.
Lisa
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 05-mm-read, m-m, serials
The second in the series. Another fantastic read. You are still on the journey with Noah and Tobias and what a great journey it is.
Bibliophile
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This review applies to the entire series. My introduction to this book began innocently enough. Rebecca AWK recently reviewed a BSDM book that she found disappointing. In response, I left a comment on her review to check out a few BSDM books that I've read and liked in the past (For Real, Duck!, and Rough Canvas. I should have also added Axel's Pup). She wrote back and suggested I check out this book and if possible, read the entire series in a row. So I did!

I should preface this review by stati
Gail Overholt
I read this for the Pushing Boundaries challenge. Actually, I’d read it shortly after reading its predecessor Submission but never got around to reviewing it. So when I landed on the BDSM square (category), I decided to reread it. My original rating was 4 stars, probably because the two big questions I'd had after reading Submission were answered. Plus, Noah was pretty hot in all his nakedness (about 50% of the book, by my unscientific calculations).

Now? I'm just basically confused. I know next
Gabbi Grey
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Story Continues and the Love Deepens (an audio review)

Book 2 in the series picks up where Book 1 left off. Fortunately I had both audiobooks and so was able to listen to this book immediately after the first. The transition was smooth as Maxx Power narrated this book as well, so the voices and narration style were the same. That was great because I enjoyed the first book, and in turn, this one as well.

Tobias and Noah are adjusting to their new relationship. Tobias visits his friend Bradford,
LOLA
When I got this audiobook I didn't realize that it was book #2
of the Deviations series. So I had to read book #1 which is Submission.
Super glad I did. The first book is about how Noah and
Tobias meet. Which is in a BDSM club. That's how it all starts. This book I consider to be heavy BDSM. The first book was about how Noah and Tobias get along and establish their kink requirements with each other.

This second book has way more BDSM play and scenes than the first. I found this second book way hott
Blue
May 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm
A review of Submission and Domination together because I read them back to back and it's all blurred now.

3.5 stars. Good in parts, but sending out mixed messages. At times BDSM, but more often soppy romance. But then Tobias gets suddenly upset that it's all wrong because they're both enjoying themselves what with all the good sex and getting on with each other so well, oh and Noah spending lots of time naked and kneeling and Tobias flogging him. I just didn't get what the problem was. This serie
Valorie
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Tobias works at becoming more comfortable and finding his balance as a full-time Master again. Meanwhile, his work brings out the true submissive in Noah, who faces some of his greatest fears, and his greatest secrets, confessing to Noah about a terrible time in his past. He's not the only one who has a rough time. Tobias breaks down and shows Noah he's not all dominance, too, which sends shockwaves through their romance, leaving them to wonder if they can keep it together. Boy was it good to be ...more
Leisha
Rating overview
Writing: ★★★★
Story: ★★★★
Characters: ★★★★

Overall: ★★★★ (4)

~~~

I'm really enjoying this series - these are feel-good reads, somewhat formulaic but also with the necessary touch of depth. I would have liked to see a bit more focus on Phan to understand his role in Noah's and Tobias' lives but I think this is coming in book 3 so all good. Also, this may have been covered in book 1 and I just forgot as it's been quite a while. Anyway, what I'm saying that theses books could be richer bu
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bound and Determined
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • A Russian Bear (Russian Bear, #1)
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Uneven
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
  • A House of Cards: Deconstructing Ethan (The Forbidden Room, #2)
  • Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1)
  • The Elegant Corpse
  • Sins of the Father (Angel and the Assassin, #3)
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • A Strong Hand
I live and write in eastern Canada. I went to a bunch of schools, learned a lot of things, and now make stuff up because not to do so is unthinkable. I'm fond of fountain pens, Levenger's Circa system, and Steampunk fashions.
I'm inspired by the day to day minutia of life, and find beauty in the way words go together. I like texture and richness of experience. I'm not shy. I'm happy, I'm learning,

Deviations (5 books)
  • Submission (Deviations, #1)
  • Discipline (Deviations, #3)
  • Bondage (Deviations, #4)
  • Safe Words (Deviations, #5)