Start by marking “The Secret Temple: Masons, Mysteries, and the Founding of America” as Want to Read:
The Secret Temple: Masons, Mysteries, and the Founding of America

The Secret Temple: Masons, Mysteries, and the Founding of America

What are the roots of American Freemasonry?
What do Freemasons know and acknowledge about the history of their society?

What truth is there in the legends of Masonic origins in the fabled Knights Templar ... or the ancient Egyptian mysteries?

What is the Mason-Mormon connection?

Were Masons involved in the American Revolution and, if so, in what way?

Is it possible to unlock t
Published April 1st 2009 by Bloomsbury Academic

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Temple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Temple

Michelle
Sep 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really liked how this book was put together. I felt that the author was unbiased, he did his research and did well at breaking things down for the reader. Obviously it is more interesting if you have some prior knowledge of the topics and have a general interest in this genre.

I think Levenda points out a lot of "coincidence's" about our government's foundation. He address's VARIOUS topics and manages to make a lot of them still connect. I had no trouble understanding the book [books on this to
Donna
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you did not know much about the masons, this would be a good place to start. It was mostly a review for me, but a good one.
Greg Green
Jul 28, 2009 rated it liked it
The book was an interesting read; however, I'm not sure I would recommend it as I question much of its accuracy, particullarly in relation to Joseph Smith Jr. The standard LDS version of the origins of the Book of Mormon were not presented. I would prefer they be presented even if they were then discounted. Without this presentation it leads me to call into question every other section of the book.
John
Oct 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: purgatory
I'm on p 88
Rob
Apr 17, 2015 added it
interesting histories and insights of the occult and everything related, i recommend to anyone who don't know anout esoteric histories and the roots of evil and secrecy
Valiant Thor
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A pretty respectable treatment of Masonry by one of the few authors I would trust on the subject. It certainly doesn't have all the answers, and it's a fairly short book at under 200 pages, but I definitely learned some things from it, and feel like I have a better overall grasp of the subject and the context around it.
Janie
Oct 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
So-so. I skim-milked it for the chapter it had on Mormons and Masons. Factual, but dry and a little dull.
Robert P.
Feb 18, 2013
Frank
May 04, 2016
Lindsey Rick
rated it did not like it
May 24, 2015
Phil
Feb 23, 2012
Lee
Sep 10, 2012
Robert Kaufman
Oct 04, 2012
Author who focuses primarily on occult history. He is best known for his book Unholy Alliance, which is about Esoteric Hitlerism and Nazi occultism, and is believed to be the author of the Simon Necronomicon, albeit without much evidence.

He was the president of the international division of Ortronics, Inc., a telecommunications company based in Asia.

He appeared in the TNT documentary Faces of Evil