Start by marking “Willow Bend” as Want to Read:
Willow Bend

Willow Bend

Can two men from different worlds cut the ties binding them to heartaches past and present, and make a life together? For Paul Gordon, the little town of Willow Bend, South Carolina is the perfect place to start over. A place where he can move on after his lover's death, alone and anonymous. Cory Saunders is just trying to survive. Between working two jobs and caring for h ...more
Published August 15th 2002 by Samhain Publishing (first published August 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Willow Bend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Willow Bend

Kati
Jul 17, 2007 rated it liked it
How to describe the "Willow Bend" book by Ally Blue? I think... Gay Harlequin would be best :)

It's a really cute story about two young men from different social background falling in love. Paul is an artist. After his lover Jay dies in a car accident, Paul inherits his money and decides to move away from Spokane and to Willow Bend, a picturesque little town. He buys a little house and turns the barn into a studio. But still, the inspiration doesn't come. Until...

Until he meets Cory. Cory is only
Lisa J.
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
What is it about this author's writing that gets to me? I've loved every book of hers I've read so far. They just make me feel.

Paul moves to Willow Bend after losing his partner of six years in an auto accident. He's still grieving but ready for a fresh start. He meets Cory who's working two jobs and taking care of his comatose mother. Cory is barely hanging on, and life is slowly grinding him down. He broke my heart more than once.

There's an immediate attraction between Cory and Paul. The sex
Lisa
Cory is working two jobs to keep his house and look after his sick mother. Paul has moved to the small town to start again after tragedy.
I liked these 2 together, they seemed to compliment each other. However, I hated the childish sex talk between the two. Suddenly neither man could speak in whole sentences.
Taya
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This book was just sappy sappy and SAPPY . I wasn't really feeling it and the characters seem to be falling in love too quickly for me to believe it was genuine. This is the same problem I had in the last book I read by Ally Blue. It just seem every scene goal is to lead them to having sex or talking about sex. It seems that they just met each other and the character Cory was quick with to get rid of Condom and allowing Paul to take nude photo of you after meeting up apparently two times before. ...more
Sandy
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m
So many possibilities to expand were not taken up - the angst.......the "dance" before the lube is pulled out.... Paul's soul-wrenching heartbreak with the loss of the love of his life....... Rather, I call this style of m-m romance as, "Hey Im going to the shop... hi how are you.... lets f#"..... There is better out there..... sorry... but this is MY opinion.
Brittney Hooker
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful and moving story that'll have you staining the pages with tears both happy and painful. O so painful. A beautiful testament to the power of love and second chances, even after tragedy.
Alex Kiaw
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Me encanta esta historia, es linda para pasar un buen rato o unas horas de insombio
Charly
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lovely romance, but much of the book is very sad

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- The characterization in this book, especially of Cory, is among the best I’ve seen from this author. Blue does a good job early on of painting what sort of people the two main guys are—as well as creating an excellent sense of the pain both have experienced (and still are experiencing).
- Paul and Cory have good chemistry right from the start. There’s not a lo
Becky
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if my problem with this book was the story or that my expectations were widely off. After reading the blurb and the 6% sample I was really excited to read this - it had all the right elements - damaged man with haunted past and a struggling love interest with overbearing commitments - sounded really good. The sample laid the story out nicely - Cory was hit with sudden lust and Paul's internal struggle about wanting someone after the loss of his partner. However, at 7%, Paul seemed t ...more
Cindi
Nov 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, favorites
Loved it.

Paul moves across the country a year or so after losing his partner in a horrible accident that Paul had survived. He meets Cory, who is a waiter at a restaurant in the small town. There is an instant attraction. Cory is working two jobs in order to be able to care for his comatose mother and to keep a roof over their heads. Paul is quite wealthy but doesn't consider himself to be rich.

Paul is still dealing with the loss of his partner and Cory is working himself in the ground to provi
Suze
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it but didn't love it.
Perhaps on the too sweet side for me. For me, it is purely character driven romance and I do prefer more depth.
Paul's devasting 18 months is behind him when we meet him so even when we find out what happened their is low angst as we have no investment in Jay.
Similarly with Cory's mum - she is already in a coma so there is no involvement to be had with her.
Paul and Cory do get together quickly and whilst they were OK together I didn't feel it for them.
There was no bi
Corina_dana33
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e, gay, all-time-favorites
This was agreat book.Come and read it gay boys!
Great book,very emotional and it shows how you get past the fact that someone in your life is gone and the complicated relationship between two guys.
I liked Paul he was the guy that knew how is it to lose a dear person.He was like the man in the relationship while Cory was the shy,sensitive guy.Also Cory was a lot younger then Paul.
I recommend this book espeacily for gay people but also for streight people,It kind of gives you a glimpse at how gay p
Norah
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ally blue has done it again with another wonderful romantic story.Paul comes to willow bend to start over, a new town a new beginning having lost his love.Cory works two jobs to keep a roof over his head and his mums who is very Ill.From the moment they meet at corys job at the diner , a spark flies and we watch them find love and above all hope for the future. Willow bend is a gentle, heart warming read which will have you turning the page and hoping liike hell these two guys can make a go of w ...more
starsaga
Sweet, short and deeply sad,
This story was very moving, emotionally it touched my heart as a story of a son losing his mother, his mama, and the only person in the world who was his. This was a very stark story, very few frills and almost no happy moments, but even so, I was able to see Cory and Paul's love for one another. It was very fast paced, the way they got together, almost desperate, but then it was a short story and I knew it would probably develop that way. I wish it could have been h
Anita
Lovely emotional read. It wasn't instalove but moved a bit fast. Looking at each other longingly and craving each other's touch was rushed. Some author do that well where you feel the connection. Funnily enough I was set to rate this a 3, but the latter 20-25% was done well. The loss of a loved one and how one deals with that loss is captured nicely. Paul helping Cory forced Paul to confront his feelings about his own loss and move. One pet peeve- talking during sex was forced to single syllable ...more
Izzie Kikue
Oct 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Willow Bend, was for me, a very refreshing read. Ally Blue's writing style quickly gave life to the main characters, Paul and Cory, which had me taken up and away on an emotional ride throughout.

The men, though both from very different worlds, found themselves attracted to one another from the get-go, and the story had me emotionally focused as the two established, adjusted, and finally settled into a relationship that was put to the test from the start.

Bottom line: The story was believable. A
Funzee Shu

This is my first Ally Blue's book for me.

The story itself is sweet, really sweet...and I like it, but....I think there're some things happen to fast and made everything seems lil' bit too rush.

I like "insta-love" kinda story but, this one lil' bit more too "insta-lust" rather than "insta-love".

But both Paul and Cory really adorable person indeed.
And I love how they care for each other and how Paul took care Cory after he lost his mother.

I like each time Cory snuggle on Paul neck, sweet....

Some
Becky Black
Apr 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
I enjoyed this, but it didn' exactly catch me on fire. The writing is eay to read, the characters are likeable, but it felt predictable in the end. I'm not really a romance reader at least not of the straightforward conventional A meets B, fall in love, there's some complications but you know it will all be happy in the end. Possibly I just like the complications more! I think I like romance with more of a edge to it. But I enjoyed the writing enough that I have another of Ally's book waiting fo ...more
J'aime
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance
Love at first sight is nice, but after awhile I have trouble suspending my disbelief. Thankfully, Ally Blue doesn't require it. Cory and Paul are instantly attracted, but life isn't simple. They both have difficult complications in their lives preventing an immediate happy ending. Cory's mother is dying. Paul has just lost his life partner. They both enjoy hot sex together, but can't commit to more. This is a romance, so we do get the happily ever after, but what we have until then is real life ...more
Sierra
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comtemporary, nook
This has one of my favorite themes which is a young person being rescued by a caring and tender lover. Here we have a young man who is really struggling, taking care of a sick mother and working himself to the bone. Enter a rich and gentle painter who feels something for him right away and wants to help. There is pride involved and quite a bit of angst to complicate things, but at last we get a great HEA.
Amy
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I liked how we got to get a good feel for the characters before they start jumping each other ;)

I read this last week and, sadly, the details of the book are already fading from my memory. It was a nice fun quick read with great characters, but nothing that makes it stand out from all the other great books, unfortunately. But I will eventually check out other things by this author.
Laurie
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
another great book by ally blue. i really liked the story because it deals with two men--one dealing with the loss of his previous partner and one dealing with a terminally ill parent and working two jobs who manage to find each other and build a relationship despite the issues. it was a very emotional read for me but there is a HEA for sure
Cherie Noel
Nov 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was so beautiful...a keeper for me. No huge explosions, not a single psycho stalker/car chase/alien abduction...just real life, and the giddy feeling of falling in love amongst the peaks and valleys of emotion real life brings.
Tristan
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Read this several times. I think I like the instant attraction between Cory and Paul the the sudden hunger that reveals their feelings. (love the scene with the bike in the rain.) Paul's pain is real and I think it helps him to help Cory later in the book.
Roxanne
Jun 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2009
It was a good read if not a little sad but i don't think Blue really took it to where it was devastating, you could see what was going to happen a mile off it wasn't a great surprise. But it was a good little read.
CB
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet love story. 2 men meet, fall in love and support each other through some tough times. A nice, uncomplicated story with interesting and sexy characters and hot sex. It all made for a very entertaining read.
Julia
Mar 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, nook-lendable
Read it with a box of tissues. I sobbed through over half of it. The love scenes feel a little rushed, but everything else about it is beyond wonderful. Blue takes us through different areas of grief and love and ends on a high, happy note. This is a great read.
Anna Quiroz
Oct 15, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked it. I'd say it was more romantic/dramatic than erotic though. I liked the characters and their chemistry and how good they were together, it has a good plot but it gets a bit sappy towards the end. Still pretty good. It's filled with love and a nice HEA.
Sarai
Jan 24, 2009 rated it liked it
This was an easy quick read. I enjoyed the style of writing and even though I had to suspense my disbelief at falling in love within 9 months, and having sex every other time they were together even after his mother died I still thought it was okay.
Carlos Cuen
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
No es lo que usualmente leo, pero ¡0h dios!, me fascino, llore mucho jajajaja (so gay)
  • The Ties That Bind
  • ePistols at Dawn
  • Most Likely To Succeed
  • Letting In the Light
  • Squire (Indigo Knights, #1)
  • The Broken H (Ranch Series, #2)
  • Regularly Scheduled Life (Ohio Books, #1)
  • Dreaming of You
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • True North (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #1)
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • Tabloid Star (Tabloid Star, #1)
  • Second Sight
  • A Realistic Romance
  • Feral (Northern Shifters, #2)
Ally Blue penned her first tale at age eight, relating the breathless terror of her little sister’s not-quite-fatal encounter with a bee in the backyard. That was the beginning of a lifelong love affair with storytelling. She now writes gay romance of all flavors, and has recently branched into writing her first love: horror. She continues her neverending quest to scare herself. She is not a hippi ...more