Start by marking “Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth, #1)

Her Notorious Viscount (Stoneworth #1)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  725 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Beauty and her beast . . .

Viscount Nicholas Stoneworth is infamous—even being mentioned in the same breath with him is enough to ruin a lady's reputation. Why, the man's spent years in London's underworld pursuing every sort of vice while parlaying his hard muscled body into fame and fortune as a fighter! With his brother's untimely death, Nicholas must assume the title an
Published March 31st 2009 by Avon (first published March 20th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Her Notorious Viscount, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Notorious Viscount

Rachel (BAVR)
When I read the blurb for Her Notorious Viscount, a story about an uncivilized former gentleman who's forgotten how to function in polite society, I got genuinely (and foolishly) excited. My mind instantly went to this ...

[image error]
GIFSoup

... but with a dude and his raging penis instead of Audrey Hepburn and her winning charm. So I walked into this reading experience expecting elocution lessons, the viscount trying to balance books on his head, clever musical numbers, and a little belligere
Juliana Philippa
Her Notorious Viscount is my first historical romance by Petersen and I greatly enjoyed it. Starting a new HR author is always loaded with risk (IMO), but I was extremely relieved to see that Petersen doesn't employ any of those annoying story ploys that drive me crazy: NO major misunderstandings, NO ridiculous fights and obstacles that only exist to make the book longer, NO saboteurs who are in love with either the H/H and do everything they can to keep them apart (and of course, always almost ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Although "Her Notorious Viscount" was just shy of four stars for me, I bumped it up based on my smile at the end :) Jenna Petersen's latest regency romance is about a man and a woman who neither quite fit in; but both manage to find a place for themselves, with each other. A lovely message in today's world.

Stone is really the brand new Viscount Stoneworth, elevated to the title by the death of his beloved twin. Ignored and disparaged by his father, Stone became the antithesis of his brother and
Melissa
Dec 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Cheryl
Aug 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
After sitting on my bookshelf for over a year, I finally decided to pick this book up and read it. It was the first book that I have read by Jenna Peterson and I was so thrilled with it that I will definitely be looking for more of her books. I'm glad that I hung on to this book and that I read it at last! 4 1/2 stars!

The first thing that I love about this book is the cover. It is deliciously yummy!! I love the tension in the guy's face and body.. as if he is pleading with her to ease his .. umm
Rane
Mar 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is my second Jenna Peterson book I've read and I loved it.
I was a little disspointed with Lessons From a Courtesan as I couldn't relate to either main characters, but with Jane and Nicholas you can't help but understand where they're comeing from. Another great thing about this book was how upfront both were with no lies that would pop up later in the book. Overall a wonderful read!
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
After the intensity of Lover Unleashed, I needed something soothing to read and HER NOTORIOUS VISCOUNT was ideal. This is an engaging story of two lonely people who dare to defy society's rules to find lasting happiness.

Whatever Nicholas Stoneworth does is never good enough for his father, Lord Bledsoe. He is constantly compared with his older twin brother, Anthony, and found lacking. Finally, Nicholas rebels and, following an argument with his father, disappears into the seedy underworld of Lon
Zoe
Sep 09, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really bland book!! lol

I am laughing because I find it funny that I still like the book despite it being so bland. Jane and Nicholas are good characters. Jane is a bit crazy in her dealings with her cousin but overall she is a level-headed heroine. Nicholas is a rather standard perfect hero. Even though he was supposed to be the family black goat, he behaved relatively well in the book.

I had a good time reading the book. It was kind of a soothing experience. The book is probably not h
Sarita
Aug 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Barbara Keia
Wow! I really liked this one :-)

Holly
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for a light historical and this fit the bill. This is the first book I've read by Jenna Petersen.

I really enjoyed the characters. It was interesting to me that Nicholas was such a contrast. With Jane he was so sweet and tender I had to remind myself he wasn't always like that.

Jane I enjoyed for most of the novel, but her actions toward the end marred her somewhat IMO. She let hate and rage fuel herself for so long, I expected to see some kind of character growth by the end. U
Annalice
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg, favorite couple. This book had me smiling just thinking about it. The only thing I didn't like is that I found the ending rushed and wished some more of the ball scenes where Nicholas courted Jane were actually described. In essence, since I loved the characters, I wanted to see more of Jane's everyday life be described (even though to others that would probably just be boring).
Jesica
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
BLOG: www.adictaxictoxico.blogspot.com.co

Me encanta los encuentros clandestinos de los protagonistas... ;) y tuvo un buen final... ;)
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a refreshing change of pace.. Just a good ole historical romance. Nicholas left society for London's underground where he felt like he fit in better.. He never felt like he fit in with the rich and all that came with it. He gets news that his twin brother has died and this devastates him. This forces him to return to society to take his brothers place but to many years in the underground has left him no longer knowing how to act acceptable. Jane was once part of the in crowd within soci ...more
Steph Su
Jun 10, 2010 rated it liked it
HER NOTORIOUS VISCOUNT leans heavily on the two main characters’ chemistry, leaving the plot rather wanting. Once again, we have the relatively plain female character unable to resist the allure of the titled and muscled bad boy, and the man falling for the woman because her no-nonsense dealings with him make her different from all the other women that have thrown themselves at him in the past. Nothing too special, thankfully saved by the likeability of the two, despite clichés.

As I said, the pl
Mey Buentipo
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
The first book of Stoneworth series. I loved it. It reminded me of The Proposition by Judith Ivory, but they are different in so many ways. I loved the hero more than the heroine. The character of the hero reflected that he needs reformation. For the heroine, it is the same prude heroine with hidden desires. I am somewhat fed with it. The plot of the story is good. It started it out great and the feeling that it will end, there is added conflict the h/h. I liked Patrick the cousin, I hoped there ...more
Minna
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
I have to admit, I was drawn to this book by the UFC-style fighting (ha) the viscount indulges in. The romance was sweet and the premise was interesting. But. Two major things prevented me from really loving this book:
1) continuous mention of "The Underground," as though it's some kind of tangible club or subway station you can enter and leave. That drove me nuts.
2) the heroine's major overreaction, and the hero's subsequent groveling, at the end. She seriously flew off the deep end and acted l
Daneesha
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
The prim and proper heroine Jane kind of turned me off a bit when I started reading this book. However, I went back to it and it picked up. I love a hero that is naughty but kind underneath. Nicholas is a good man and despite his dealings in the underground, he's never cruel. He doesn't fight his feelings for Jane and it's kind of nice when the two of them do the deed. You know that he cares about her and hates for it all to end.
I hated that at 91 percent on my Kindle, there's a big misundersta
Courtney
May 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book was soooooooooo good! It was the first book by Jenna Petersen that I have read and I will definitely be reading more. Nicholas and Jane were perfect for each other. I loved how tough Nicholas was, but I also thought his character was gentle and sweet. My favorite historical romance novels always fit the mold of the beauty and the beast and this one didn't disappoint me. I loved, loved, loved it! I wish for "Rage" to get his own book too!
Storm Chase
Aug 29, 2014 rated it did not like it
If you think anyone can write period fiction, read this. It's full of mistakes, such glaring mistakes that you know the author has no sense of history whatsoever. This Viscount has pants, drinks Bourbon and talks of being in Society as if he was some gutter born snipe. The heroine is even worse, being completely blind to the conventions of her time and place. A Gretna Green marriage is a respectable fate???

Luckily I bought this second hand. I've binned it.
Greselley
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Imagine my surprise when I found out that Jenna Petersen and Jess Michaels are the same person. I really love Jess Michaels!! Though they're different in a way that Michaels' stories are more daring than Petersen but still, her signature writing is still there. Both have great books. This book is the manifestation of that. This is the kind of story that would emit sighs from its readers like me. I wish I could have my own Nicholas. Oh my, that would be heaven. Sigh*
A must read.
Amylynn Bright
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book - both the Hero and Heroine are engaging and likeable. The story is a bit different than your average historical romance as neither of the main characters fit into society. This book was published in 2009 and I'm just reading it now due to how much fun Jenna's Zombie books are . . . but that's a whole other review! Pick this one up if you can still find it - I don't think you'll be sorry.
Pat Cromwell
Feb 25, 2009 marked it as to-read
I don't normally read Historical but I really like Jess Michaels work. Wish there was a website that listed authors and the various pen names they use. I had no ideal Jess Michaels and Jenna Petersen are one in the same.
Iris
May 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was an original premise with a strong heroine and a fabulous hero. The conflict was realistic and I really believed these characters would have a happily ever after. Great dialogue and nice secondary characters were a definite bonus.
Alexis
I'm pretty sure I read this after snagging it from the laundry room bookshelf, but I think I need to re-read before I can review.
Pinklushhh
May 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I adore this book...and the author! Really sweet story with a great hero and strong heroine. You won't be disappointed!
Alex
Sep 11, 2010 rated it liked it
It was an okay story but I think Jenna Petersen is getting & better at her writing. Definitely someone to look out for.
Lyre
I loved How Jane defended Nicholas in front of his parents, it burned out my tears.
Stephanie
Dec 27, 2009 rated it liked it
A charming story of accepting loss and love. The characters were easy to like; the story briskly paced.
Elaine
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this story!
Gordana
Dec 01, 2009 rated it liked it
As Dodd said, it was pure escapist fun.
  • One Night Scandal (The Spinster Club, #5)
  • One Night Is Never Enough (Secrets, #2)
  • Compromised
  • All About Seduction
  • Merely Married
  • A Midsummer Night's Sin (Blackthorn Brothers #2)
  • Yours 2 Keep
  • Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2)
  • The Wicked Games of a Gentleman (Boscastle, #4)
  • Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)
  • Dear Maggie
  • Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3)
  • A Vampire for Christmas (Includes: Sweetblood, #2.5)
  • Jinxed!
  • A View to a Kiss (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #1)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • The Marriage Wager (The Matchmaker #1)
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
Jenna Petersen now writes historical romance exclusively as Jess Michaels. Please check out her self-published and Samhain publishing books here:

Jenna no longer supports her HarperCollins/Avon books due to price gouging and refusal to return author rights.
More about Jenna Petersen

Stoneworth (2 books)
  • Rogue for a Night (Stoneworth, #2)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • Love, Lucas
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
  • In The Flesh
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)