Start by marking “Fix” as Want to Read:
Fix

Fix

3.32  ·  Rating details ·  357 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
It hurts to be beautiful.

Pretty, blond, popular Cameron Beekman has it all -- lots of girlfriends, a hot boyfriend, and a successful family. She's perfection. Gone are her days as the outcast, huge-nosed "Beakface." Which, as it turns out, was nothing a good nose job couldn't fix.

While her little sister, Allie, struggles with doubts about her own approaching "procedure
Published October 3rd 2006 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Fix, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fix

Lesleigh
Nov 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teen Girls or anyone considering plastic surgery.
Recommended to Lesleigh by: Katie Todd
The novel Fix by Leslie Margolis proves that for some people, beauty is everything. While for others, beauty is only a luxury. It also reveals the pros and cons of plastic surgery. This book allowed me to see life through the eyes of Cameron and Allie Beekman, who are sisters that live in Beverly Hills. Even though they are close sisters, they both have very different beliefs about what is most important.

When Cameron Beekman was fifteen, she decided to get a nose job to end the everyday tauntin
Maggie Moritz
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.. I really enjoyed this book. It was fast paced and really relatable. We start off learning about Cameron and how she was bullied is school for having a big nose and then she got a nose job and how her problems went away. She changed schools, became popular and was deemed beautiful. Her family is pushing her sister Allie to also get a nose job. Allie is struggling throughout the book to decide if she wants to go through with it. Cameron decides she wants to get breast implants because ...more
Katie
Nov 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girls/Women
This was a wonderful book. It took me from the comfort of my small town traditions to a whole other world of money and fame.

In a world where plastic surgery is nothing uncommon, this book takes you through the different values of the Beekman family. Allie doesn't think plastic surgery is necessary while her mother and sister believe it is one of the best things ever.

This book is definately worth a shot. Anyone who watches shows like Dr. 90210 and The Hills would no doubt love this book. Even i
Chrissy
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoyed FIX by Leslie Margolis -- not necessarily because I was expecting it to be bad, but because I expected it to be shallow -- or maybe even a bit preachy in a teenage fable type story. But, I was pleasantly pleased by how fun and realistic it felt to see the story from both sides -- that of Cameron, the beautiful blonde sister who was extremely pro-plastic surgery throughout the tale, and that of sporty girl Allie, who took the position that plastic was ...more
Nancy
Jan 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: if you want a realistic view on plastic surgery
Shelves: 2008
This book clearly reflects one thing: that the author has done plenty of research concerning the topic she has chosen. It doesn't seem like anything is made up, and when I finished the book, I can't believe how much I've learned.

Before Camerson got her nose job, she'd been ridiculed and teased for the longest time. After her nose job, her life took a drastic turn, in a good way. She's popular. She has best friends, a boyfriend, and everything's just perfect for her. Until she realizes that not
Emma
May 18, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone considering/researching/interested in plastic surgery
Fix by Leslie Margolis is one of those books every girl should read. Furthermore, it should be required reading for anyone who even thinks about visiting a plastic surgeon.

Fix follows the Beekman sisters, Cameron and Allie who are the alternate protagonists of the novel. When the book begins, Cameron has already had a nose job and is enjoying a better life thanks to the surgery and a school transfer. No more mean nicknames, no more bullies, no more feeling like an outcast.

Getting ready to go to
Alison Smith
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one, really.
Recommended to Alison by: The book teaser. :/
*2.5 STARS*

This book... Hmm... What do I say about this book?

Let me just start by saying that the book was worse than I thought it would be. I think Leslie Margolis is a great author, but I think she could have delved a lot deeper into the dark side of plastic surgery. The ending was just bleh - extremely unsatisfying. (view spoiler)

------------------------------
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jocelyn Pearce for TeensReadToo.com

Cameron and Allie are sisters. They used to look like it, too. Since Cameron turned fifteen, though, things have changed. Cameron and Allie inherited big noses from their father, but other than that, they both have the good looks of their mother, formerly a rather famous model. When Cameron turned fifteen, her life changed completely. For the better, she says.

How? She got a nose job. She turned from homely to gorgeous, moved to a new school, and no
Danielle B
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I believe that this book deserves 4 stars because it is a book that you are able to relate to and understand what is going on in the main charterer Cameron's head. So far in the book called fix Cameron and younger sister Allie have been switching off point of views between chapters. Both girls aren’t happy with what their body looks like but that is just mostly Cameron because she was the one who was bullied about her nose and about the size of it. Cameron decided to get the nose job because she ...more
TJL
I didn't find anything terribly special about this book, narrative-wise. Characters were so-so, writing wasn't bad, plot dragged on a bit.

Only two things that really bugged me:

-The photographer saying that Cameron had "sexualized young women" in her photographs, and it came off as "sexualizing women is bad"- y'know, because the girls totally didn't pose for those pictures, didn't have any agency in their production whatsoever, and blah blah blah Women Can Only Be Sexy When We Say It's Okay, blah
  • Slant
  • Out of Focus
  • Rob&Sara.com
  • Honey Blonde Chica
  • How to Hook a Hottie
  • So Super Stylish (Octavia Clairbrook-Cleeve, #2)
  • Storm (Triskelia, #3)
  • Tell It to Naomi
  • Devil on My Heels
  • Hancock Park: A Novel
  • Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3)
  • Hanging on to Max
Leslie Margolis at a young age aspired to be a writer, and she had been successful at it through her books. She lives in Los Angeles, California with her family.
More about Leslie Margolis...