Start by marking “Angels and Spaceships” as Want to Read:
Angels and Spaceships

Angels and Spaceships

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A collection of seventeen stories, eight of which were published in "Astounding and Unknown" between 1941 and 1949.
Published 1954 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about Angels and Spaceships, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angels and Spaceships

Stephen
4.5 stars. Fredric Brown is one of my favorites when it comes to classic SF short stories. They mostly have a very "Twilight Zone" feel to them with a great build up then a "zinger" ending. I love that many of the stories are only a few paragraphs long and yet can still leave you thinking about the story long after you finish. This collection includes the following (my favorites, of which there are many, are noted as Highlights):

*Pattern
*Placet is a crazy place (Highlight)
*Answer (Highlight)
*Eta
Grayson Van Beuren
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Some of these I really liked, some weren't worth the time.
Bev
Fredric Brown was a master of the science fiction short story form...and even more so of the short short form. Angels and Spaceships is a fantastic collection of stories--over half of which were published in Astounding & Unknown between 1941 and 1949. The book starts out with an absolute stunner--a work of supreme science fiction irony that does its magic in a page and a half. Brown does more with that page and a half than a lot of writers could do with an entire novel. He goes on to tell us ...more
Kadja Draenor
Feb 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my favorites. It is by far my favorite book of short stories. Almost every one is interesting and memorable, and at least three of which were distinctly amazing. I cannot recommend highly enough to read this book, if you can get a hold of it.
RC
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice collection of fantasy and science fiction short stories from the 1940s.
Josef
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Frederic Brown invented Flash Fiction over fifty years ago and the stories are still great. I would love to know the source of his fascination with linotype machines, though.
Brett
Elena Kuklina
Oct 03, 2017
Abhi
Mar 04, 2015
Fredric Brown was an American science fiction and mystery writer. He was one of the boldest early writers in genre fiction in his use of narrative experimentation. While never in the front rank of popularity in his lifetime, Brown has developed a considerable cult following in the almost half century since he last wrote. His works have been periodically reprinted and he has a worldwide fan base, m ...more
More about Fredric Brown