Start by marking “Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)” as Want to Read:
Juicy Gossip (Candy Apple #19)

Juicy Gossip

(Candy Apple #19)

Candy Apple books . . . just for you. Sweet. Fresh. Fun. Take a bite!
Jenna Sampson, perfectly normal seventh grader and editor of the school newspaper, is mortified. Her parents are opening a super-embarrassing juice bar at the mall. Jenna has to work there . . . and wear a ridiculous uniform. She's pretty sure her life can't get worse, until she finds out that the school
Published June 1st 2009 by Scholastic (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Juicy Gossip, please sign up.

Rhiannon20
Jun 14, 2011 rated it did not like it
Another fake book. Nothing seemed real! It's all about this girl whose parents get a juice bar restaurant at the food court in the mall. The girl hates shopping, so it's a burden, not a blessing. Then the school newspaper is in danger of being cut (Oh no! The horror!)so the girl starts a gossip section in the paper to get people to buy it, using gossip she hears from girls in the mall - gee, I don't know how that could go wrong, do you?
Chloe
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Kept me entertained.....I guess
Emily
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Personally I love this book in many different ways. I wasn't able to put the book down and when I did I was eager to get back in to it because it was probably that I was sleeping or in the car! I personally think that if you are looking to read a book in less than 24 hours and just need something to just do I recommend this book. I do not like how they didn't say who the princess and prince was at the end, but it was kinda obvious and that was just one thing out of 176 pages!
Imani
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Juicy Gossip is about a girl. She is head of the newspaper committee. Her parents opened a juice bar and now she is mortified, because its in the middle of the mall where everybody from school will be YIKES!!!! On top of that The newspaper might be shut down!!! In order to stop that she puts the school gossip in the newspapers so more school kids will read them, and the newspaper committee will not have to be shut down.
Bunny Nelson
Mar 17, 2010 rated it did not like it
pointless
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Allison Fraclose for TeensReadToo.com

Although seventh grader Jenna Sampson is editor of the school paper, she couldn't feel further away from being in the know of popular topics, interests, and gossip in her school.

Her parents are opening a juice bar in the middle of the mall, and not only does Jenna hate the mall, but she doesn't even like juice. So, now that her parents are forcing her to work there three days a week (and wear a pineapple hat -- no kidding), Jenna is terrified that
Jamika
Jan 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who like gossip
Recommended to Jamika by: no one
What i've learned from this book is that the main character is slik.her name is Jenna Thompson and she is a normal seventh grader and her schools newspaper editor.but she and her friend Keisha just found out that the school district will have to shut down some of there curriclar activities. so Jenna starts a gossip colum called "Juicy Gossip" to try to make people read the paper more. when she thought that it was kbow use her parents opened up their smoothie shop and the two meanest girls at the ...more
Megan
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this as part of my job to see what age group it would be appropriate for and I must say that it was very cute, appropriate for (I'd say) grades 4-7, and that I would actually read more of this series!

Kudos to the Candy Apple writers!
Charlotte
Oct 12, 2012 rated it liked it
It was pretty good; only I didn't really always get the problem.
Meagan
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
great book.
Gabrielle
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
It was soooooo boring!! At the time I didint realize it because this was the only book I had to read and I was desperate but this book went no where and was just boring!! Snoozer!!
Atiana
Nov 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It was a very good book, full of details.
Ecila
May 18, 2010 rated it liked it
I WOULD BE FREAKED ABOUT THE WHOLE THING IF I WAS HER, SHE'S GOT NERVES LIKE CALLIE!
Rashi
Oct 06, 2012 added it
cool boook with ful fun
Rachel Canning
im reading it next
Sydney
Sep 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Really good! Easy to relate to.........BOYS!!!!!
Candide
Aug 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Too bad you can't find out if Jenna and Peter get crowned King and Queen because I think they should!
Shannon Parker wong
Nov 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-review
Andie "the character "little miss mango" made some bad choices. the bad choices made the book interesting.
Madilyn Trimmell
May 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My favorite candy apple book!!!!
Jen Selinsky
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jenna Sampson is the editor of the Washington Middle School newspaper. When school budget cuts threaten the paper and other school-related activities, Jenna knows she has to take a stand. She then creates a gossip column, using the pen name “Little Miss Mango.” Once her best friend, Keisha, and some of the popular girls read the column, they make it a mission to find out who “Little Miss Mango” really is. Can Jenna keep both her “secret identity” and her friends? Will she be able to save the sch ...more
Hattie
Jan 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
Personally, I hated this book. There is not much character development, literary elements, etc. i know it's a kid book but there are hundreds of books out there for kids that are sweet and well-written with great heroes/heroines.
Charlene Skinner
Nov 24, 2010 rated it liked it
its starting off good
Kristin A
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read this in 6th grade and loved it. I got my cousin to read it too.
Jadeyn
Feb 11, 2016 added it
Shelves: jadeyns-book
\
it was a good book because there was alot of n n
Sophie
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! it is very easy so I would recommend it to girls around 7-9 years old
Winnie Kenou
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i loved the gossip in the book and i also loved how it ended
Faith Romero
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pretty good so far!!
Ana
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I rate book a nine because Because it was fun to read. I recommend this to girls who love a book makes you laugh and especially love drama. This book is about a girl who exposes secrets
Nariah
Dec 11, 2015 added it
how do I read it new here
Nadira Hamiilton
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: caddy-apple
I can't WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK i WAS LONGING TO READ i JUST Thank God I FOUND GOODREADS.
  • Confessions of a Bitter Secret Santa (Candy Apple #13)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)
  • Accidentally Friends (Accidentally, #4; Candy Apple #20)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • The Sister Switch (Candy Apple #11)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • Star-Crossed (Candy Apple #15)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • Miss Popularity Goes Camping (Miss Popularity #2; Candy Apple #17)
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • Super Sweet 13 (Candy Apple #23)
  • Madame President
I read and write books for adults, young adults, tweens, and kids. I always love book recommendations, so please send them my way! I'm partial to contemporary romance, romantic comedy, funny/snarky voices, quirky characters, and original/funny/magical kids' books.

MOON SHADOW - my latest novel for tweens - is now available in paperback!

Candy Apple (1 - 10 of 30 books)
  • The Accidental Cheerleader (Candy Apple #1)
  • The Boy Next Door (Candy Apple #2)
  • Miss Popularity (Miss Popularity #1; Candy Apple #3)
  • How to Be a Girly Girl in Just Ten Days (Candy Apple #4)
  • Drama Queen (Candy Apple #5)
  • The Babysitting Wars (Candy Apple #6)
  • Totally Crushed (Candy Apple #7)
  • I've Got A Secret (Candy Apple #8)
  • Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)
  • Making Waves (Candy Apple #10)