Start by marking “Defying Desire (The Donovans #3)” as Want to Read:
Defying Desire (The Donovans #3)

Defying Desire

(The Donovans #3)

Fashion model Tia St. Claire keeps things light when it comes to men…no strings, just flings. She's got her reasons, thank you. But even she finds Trent Donovan hard to resist—he's sexy, successful, persistent and built for a woman's wildest dreams. When their one-night stand leaves defiant longings, Tia isn't sure whether to run, hide or surrender to the former navy SEAL' ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Defying Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defying Desire

Misherald Brown
Sep 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Deifying Desire is the third book to the Donovan family and as everyone suspected when the last man falls he falls hard.

Trent Donavan met Tia St. Claire when he went to help his brother’s girlfriend out during a fashion show but never before did he suspect to begin to have a desire for her that led to him extracting the number from his soon to be sister in law.

However, Tia St Claire has ghost from her past that haunts her daily leading to her secluded life until Trent steps in. Trent & Tia g
Shawnette
Feb 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The last of the "Triple Threat" Donovan brothers is back and falling HARD. Mrs. Arthur weaves a HIGHLY emotional-charged tale with a HEARTWARMING ending. The DESIRE between Trent and Tia is SIZZLIN'! And the intrigue and suspense surrounding their budding relationship keeps you turning the pages until the very end. The cast of characters, main and secondary is quite colorful and MEMORABLE. I am DEFINITELY looking forward to reading more stories about the Donovan clan and their circle of family a ...more
Harriette B.Tolliver
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I like when they where paired up for Camille fashion show when they both had heat reaction when Trent pull her into his arms. Trent do a background check on everybody and him being the tough guy of his brothers how quickly he feel for Tia. Tia who also saying she could take of herself still fell hard for Trent.
Vivian Byfield
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Loved this book, A.C. Arthur is a really good storyteller. The pages turned themselves great characters. Oh I would like a night with Trent :-)
Freda McClendon
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. I love the story line

I love the story line, how does their story begin and end.and now ready for book 4 in this series.
Latoya Brooks
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sappy

This was the sappiest ending by far. I love it. I’m glad that they got their selves together.
I can’t wait to read about noelle
Sunnie
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok so this is book #3 in the Donovan Brother series (but technically book #4 because you should read "Guarding His Body" before reading this book, even though this book is a stand alone...ijs), this may be a little premature, but this may be my favorite book. Ms. AC Arthur had me laughing because some parts of this book was so funny. Trent and Tia, OMG. Tia was so infuriating. Even though she wasn't doing so well because of her condition, she didn't let that stop her from taking advantage of tha ...more
Yasmin
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last of the Triple Threat

Whew this was certainly an emotional read. One that I thoroughly enjoyed. SPOILER ALERT It was getting so close to the end there and they weren't together. I was getting pretty anxious. Lol but I'm glad Tia finally came to her senses. END SPOILER ALERT. I love the bond the brothers have though. It's amazing what they do for one another. Really loving this series so far.
Shelita
Mar 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Rolanda, Emily
Recommended to Shelita by: Rolanda
Shelves: borrowed
I really liked this book. Not only was it smoking hot but the emotional aspect of what Tia had to go through was really powerful.

I read this book in 2 days. (It helped that I had a very long bus ride in which to get a lot of reading done too.) Loved Trent & Tia's story. Two stubborn people not looking for anything other than fun and finding so much more. Definitely would recommend this!
Journeywoman
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
I got a copy of this book at BEA and I grabbed it from my shelf to read. I figured it would be a quick read and I wouldn't mind putting it down.

One out of two isn't bad.

I REALLY minded putting it down. It was a steamy romance with a lot of heart. I really enjoyed this book.
Diamond
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i love this book this book was about a man who doesnt want to be tie down until he meets his match. This women takes his breathe away even thou he doesnt want a relationship he wants nothing less either. This book is about love and desire read it to find out wat happen between them
Taz Will
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really wanted Tia and Trenton to work out. She didn't play any games and he was a playboy who needed to fall hard. Once she figured out what she needed and went for it I wanted him to leave her hanging a bit but once she proposed it was a done deal. I loved the story couldn't stop reading it.
Selina Durio
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I knew when Trent fell it would be explosive! As the middle child he always had something to prove and being a military, black ops guy he is intense. Mix that with Tia and her issues and you get a great story. I'm loving this series.
Stella Eromonsere-Ajanaku
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The explosively romantic affair between Trent and Tia was hot! And...Tia's colossal loss (of her fiance and her unborn child) blighting her life was believable. I enjoyed the rallying love of the Donovan family. An interesting read.
Kyra Gates
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this book had me when i opened it i will be done before bedtime
Esha
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty good book! I enjoyed reading it.
Veronica
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

Very good read, I enjoy A. C. Author books, thankful for e-readers having all my books in one place, makes reading books much easier than carrying hard copies!!
Hõnëy Elliott
Nena Goshay-colar
Dec 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Trust in Me
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • A Guilty Affair
  • Bittersweet Love
  • The Law of Desire
  • A Lover's Mask (The Ramseys, #3)
  • Intimate Seduction (Forged of Steele #7)
Artist C. Arthur was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland where she currently resides with her husband and three children. An active imagination and a love for reading encouraged her to begin writing in high school and she hasn’t stopped since.

Working in the legal field for almost thirteen years now she’s seen lots of horrific things and longs for the safe haven reading a romance novel brings.

The Donovans (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Love Me Like No Other (The Donovans #1)
  • A Cinderella Affair (The Donovans #2)
  • Full House Seduction (The Donovans #4)
  • Touch of Fate (The Donovans #5)
  • Holiday Hearts (The Donovans #6)
  • Desire a Donovan (The Donovans #7)
  • Surrender to a Donovan (The Donovans #8)
  • Pleasured by a Donovan (The Donovans #9)
  • Heart of a Donovan (The Donovans #10)
  • Embraced By A Donovan (The Donovans #11)