Start by marking “Paddington Takes to TV” as Want to Read:
Paddington Takes to TV

Paddington Takes to TV (Paddington Bear)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  127 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When Paddington enters a baking contest,he quickly becomes the star of Britain's favorite children's show,but there is a big surprise when it's time to cut the cake! From a missing parrot to origami gone terribly wrong, Paddington proves that anything can happen on live television.
Published April 24th 2000 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Paddington Takes to TV, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paddington Takes to TV

Shayla
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The kids enjoyed this despite the very British references they often didn’t understand. However, this was not my favorite Paddington book.
Neil Coulter

Paddington stories have been go-to bedtime reading for our family for some years. We've read through a number of the books--and multiple readings of favorite stories. Paddington Takes to TV, however, is a different animal (well, yes, still a bear, but...). The stories were featured in a magazine about the BBC children's program Blue Peter, and almost all of the stories feature an appearance by the show's lovable (I guess) cast. This makes this particular collection rather a hard sell for an Amer

Andrea
Oct 08, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This has earned it's place for good reason. Firstly it was presented to me as a prize book when I was in primary 2 and for that reason it will retain a place on my bookshelf.

Secondly, it had the potential to put me off reading for life. I always hated it as a kid - Paddington bear is for me like Winnie the Pooh.......boring! Teddy from timbuktoo , well now we're talking <3

Oh...and my copy of this is called Padding bear blue Peter story book ...same book .
Emily
It was an odd book -- more like a collection of short stories. Still, got to love that crazy bear!
Cws
JAR6+Bon
Chris
Aug 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the weaker Paddington books -- not as funny as the others -- but still undeniably charming.
J.
Apr 06, 2017
  • The Adventures of Paddy the Beaver
  • Tucker's Countryside
  • George
  • Circus Shoes (Shoes, #3)
  • The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse (Beatrix Potter Originals)
  • The Disappearing Friend Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #30)
  • Otis Spofford (Ellen & Otis, #2)
  • Dominic
  • Something Queer is Going On (Something Queer Mysteries, #1)
  • Math for Smarty Pants (Brown Paper School Book)
  • Bears in the Night
  • My Life as a Human Hockey Puck (The Incredible Worlds of Wally McDoogle, #7)
  • Dragon of the Lost Sea
Michael Bond, CBE was an English children's author. He was the creator of Paddington Bear and wrote about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Bond also wrote culinary mystery stories for adults featuring Monsieur Pamplemousse and his faithful bloodhound, Pommes Frites.
More about Michael Bond...

Paddington Bear (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • A Bear Called Paddington (Paddington, #1)
  • More About Paddington (Paddington, #2)
  • Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)
  • Paddington Abroad (Paddington Bear, #4)
  • Paddington at Large (Paddington, #5)
  • Paddington Marches on (Paddington, #6)
  • Paddington at Work (Paddington, #7)
  • Paddington Goes to Town (Paddington, #8)
  • Paddington Takes the Air (Paddington, #9)
  • Paddington On Top (Paddington, #10)