Start by marking “The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections” as Want to Read:
The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections

The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  2,375 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
(Piano/Vocal/Guitar Songbook). 12 selections from the movie adaptation of this Broadway classic: Think of Me * Angel of Music * The Phantom of the Opera * The Music of the Night * Prima Donna * All I Ask of You * Masquerade * The Fairground * Journey to the Cemetery * Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again * The Point of No Return * Learn to Be Lonely. Includes biography and ...more
Published March 1st 2005 by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation (first published April 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Phantom of the Opera - Movie Selections

Moocow
Feb 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alexa
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
(4.5)

I wish they put more songs (though I guess the primary focus of this songbook is for the vocalists, so okay). The piano selections are not that difficult, which is perfect for accompaniment, but not recital performances and such. The songs are wonderful! Andrew Lloyd Webber is awesome. Phantom <333
Jessica
Sep 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sheetmusic
I love this music book! The song selections are great and they're not even too difficult to play (as long as you transpose All I Ask of You into three sharps instead of 4 flats or whatever crazy key it is in! :D). Anyway, it's great music, even if you don't care for the movie itself! :)

Includes:

Journey to the Cemetery
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
The Point of N
Briana
It's probably because I'm a nonconformist, but I've fallen out of love with PotO...mostly because EVERY SINGER sings it...no joke...in fact, *cough* many non-singers sing it...and it's not that fun to play...I mean, I like playing it for singers, but it's kinda...overused.
Have I mentioned how much I dislike playing Masquerade? SO. MUCH. THUMPING.
druidessprincess
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful piano and vocal arrangements. I personally love this musical, despite the fact that most of the songs included here are hugely over-used. I adore them, none the less, both to play and to sing.
Elly
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Honestly I am a webbet (Andrew Lloyd webber fan) a huge fan. It would be an honor to meet him. I love the phantom if the opera but somebody says that garage butler was terrible (which I harshly disagree with) but I love Andrew Lloyd webber and all of his work
Anna
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing arrangements! I'm doing the title song for a recital and I don't regret purchasing this at all.
Patrick Neylan
Saw it on Broadway. I wasn't impressed and nor were the kids. The show, and most of the actors, looked tired.
Tzu-Mainn Chen
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first saw this musical nearly twenty years ago in New York City. Back then I was a highly impressionable young whippersnapper, and The Phantom of the Opera certainly left an impression (among other effects, I greatly disappointed my piano teacher by insisting that I play a few Phantom songs for a recital).

Now I am old and have the unparalleled wisdom of a man in his mid-30s. I took my seven-year old daughter to see a new production of the show in Boston, and here are my impressions:

* Some of t
Severance Biro
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music, my-library
This was the first music that I learned to play. I would use my sister's songbook while my parents were out so that I could learn to play songs with which I was familiar without my mother making me take lessons. It wasn't long before my sister ratted on me & I ended up taking lessons anyway, so essentially this book launched my musical education. Clearly these arrangements are suitable for beginners, but now when I play from this book I use this music as a template, fleshing out the music as ...more
Lindsey
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This took FOREVER to read! I started reading it a couple months ago and it was kind of slow going and i got a little bored and unfortunatly kind of forgot about. But just yesterday i started reading it again and it was toward the end and it picked up amazingly!! The ending was GREAT!I totally wasn't expecting anything like it! It's absolutly NOTHING like the movie (which i adore!) but it was totally worth reading!
Femmy
Aug 10, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: seen-the-movie, music
I love Phantom of the Opera and I love the songs, most of which are in this songbook. But I'm not too crazy about the arrangement. Unless I can find another, however, I guess I will keep returning to it for my favorite songs--"Think of Me", "All I Ask of You", "Angel of Music", "The Music of the Night", "The Phantom of the Opera", "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again".
Charlotte Stevenson
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love these arrangements - for once they stay as true as possible to the music and have such a clear cut edge to them as well that makes them effective and equally much a challenge for both voice and piano. I particularly enjoyed using this at GCSE for practical lessons.
Amal H
Apr 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I'll talking about the movie,honestly is one of the great movies in the film industry history.

Amazing acting, story & songs esp. (phantom of the opera & Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again).

I saw it several times & i'll never feel bored from returning!

WONDERFUL ! :)
Nika
Jun 01, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I played Christine in a SCENE Variety Show and performed her Phantom of the Opera Theme Song. (with the Phantom/got my first standing ovation too)-Goucher College Md. I so looked like her with my super long hair down to my butt aside from being able to sing the high parts at the end of this piece.
Ashley
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible music that is surprisingly simple to learn with practice. Well written and quality music is hard to find these days, I was very impressed with this set. Do they have a book for the musical Cats?
L.lawliet.fan.314
Oct 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is AWESOME!! I didn't know goodreads.com had sheet music. I love just messing around with the songs. My favorite to play is "The Music of the Night". I love all of the music, and the lyrics are so well thought out. It's kinda tricky, but it's fun.
Giacomo Casanova
This sheet music is great. This is easy enough to play, even after you've had a drink or two, and it sounds great. Also, people find it easy to sing along to this arrangement... Great sheet music for a party or get together with friends.
Kaitlyn
Sep 05, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the movie so much!!!!!!! The book just didnt have the same as the movie. This is the one time I can truly say the movie was better than the book. Not what I thought it would be. Makes me think a little diferent about it though. Still prefer the movie not many books I can say that about.
Wind
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have this and love playing and singing the sings. The only piano book I still have.
Brenda Cregor
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!
The music is true to the soundtrack.
Justin
Mar 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.
Mackenzie
Nov 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Don't judge a book by its cover" in other wise dont judge a person by their looks
Anika
Sep 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a book of secrets. with love ,hatred ,danger this book's the BOMB!
Amber
Apr 07, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book. Wish it went into the history of Phantom of the Opera a little more. Awesome Pictures.

Alyssa
Mar 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This movie is AMAZING!!!!
Veronica
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music, favorites
Hugely debated as my favorite musical of all time. I love the "behind the scenes" feel of this edition and the music... brilliant!
Lori
May 01, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
Shelves: horror, classic
If you loved the broadway show or the movie, you'll love the book...more detail, and gets pretty creepy. Lots of stuff they couldn't do in a play. A great classic.
guitar chords 2 15 Mar 16, 2013 12:22PM
English 9 2B/D: The Phantom of the Opera 1 5 Oct 08, 2012 05:53AM
  • Les Miserables: Sheet Music
  • The Phantom of the Opera Companion (Reduced Format Companion)
  • Hanon: The Virtuoso Pianist Sixty Exercises for Piano Complete Edition
  • A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
  • The Messiah: An Oratorio Complete Vocal Score
  • Chicago   The Musical: Vocal Selections
  • 1776
  • West Side Story
  • Unmasqued: An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera (Seducing the Classics, #1)
  • Pride & Prejudice: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack
  • Wicked - Piano/Vocal Arrangement
  • Old Testament Student Manual: 1 Kings - Malachi
  • The Secret Garden
  • Madrigal: A Novel of Gaston LeRoux's the Phantom of the Opera
  • Moon Over Buffalo
  • The Phantom Diaries (The Phantom Diaries, #1)
  • The Mikado
  • Metamorphoses
“Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, Secretly possess you.” 218 likes
“Floating, falling, sweet intoxication. Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation. Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in to the power of the music of the night.” 165 likes