Start by marking “Knitting Lingerie Style: More Than 30 Basic and Lingerie - Inspired Designs” as Want to Read:
Knitting Lingerie Style: More Than 30 Basic and Lingerie - Inspired Designs

Knitting Lingerie Style: More Than 30 Basic and Lingerie - Inspired Designs

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  305 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The only knitting book focused on lingerie and lingerie-inspired designs
Underwear has come out. Once kept demurely concealed, lingerie now pervades every fashion category, inspiring designs for day looks, loungewear, evening clothes, and accessories. Slips have become dresses unto themselves. Bra straps are meant to peek out from under tank tops. Camisoles are worn on the
Published April 17th 2007 by Stewart, Tabori and Chang (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Knitting Lingerie Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knitting Lingerie Style

Manny
May 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People who like knitting
Recommended to Manny by: notgettingenough
Phwoar! It's got... knitting.

And... knitting.

And... more knitting.

description

Sorry, what was the question again?
Josephine
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I actually really love this book... have yet to attempt some of the patterns but one can dream of making a knitted corset or bra and panty set... the other items of clothing are really lovely as well and very feminine.
Would recommend this book to friends, if they don't like knitted underwear, there's other items in there such as lacy tops, skirts, socks, etc. Patterns are pretty easy to follow and written in high detail.
Dec 23, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: patterns-to-knit
I'm afraid that the cover of this book is quite misleading. When I saw it, I assumed that it would be completely filled with patterns for knitted lingerie. That, however, is not the case. I actually picked up this book because I was curious. I wanted to see how someone could manage to fill up a book with lingerie knitting. But there are actually lots of pattern in it, such as: shirts, lacy over-jackets, socks, and even a dress. I saw one pattern in this book that look particularly nice, it was a ...more
Tonileg
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: knitting-crafts
Beautiful hardcover large format book with about 31 different patterns.
The patterns are broken down in sections: Bra, slip, corset, camisole, stocking, lounge/nightwear
I really like the Shaped Lace Tee (page 91) in white (or I might try it in a light baby pink) and it is for 33.5, 38, 42.5, 47, 51.5, 56 inch chest will need 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5 skeins (191 yds/100g cascade sierra 80%cotton/20%wool) and 4.5mm / 3.75mm needles with a gauge: 16sts and 24 rows in patt B using 4.5mm needles
IF I have time
Robin
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I was hoping to find a pattern that could convince me that knitted underwear can be sexy, but no such luck. I'll pass on the knitted panties, baby dolls or "gartinis", thanks. However, this teaches you how to knit a bra, which though impractical (?) gives you a good lesson on forming/putting together knitted pieces. Some tops would work as layering pieces: the Lace Tee is lovely, and there were a few nice "corsets" that'd make sweet sweater vests. And of course the lace patterns you could always ...more
Abbey
Apr 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: knit-crochet
Not at all my cuppa. Well-written and has gorgeous pix, but the 'way too small sizings, awkward size and heft of the book itself, and the charted patterns made this unworkable for me. Not to mention the icky patterns themselves - geez, *who* in their right minds would wear much of this??? Yes, there were several nice-looking patterns (mainly nighties) but most of 'em appeared to be sleazy just for the "fun" of it! No thankx.
Alana
May 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, reviewed
Did I not add any of my knitting books to Goodreads? Evidently not.
Well, I have yet to complete a project from this book, but I think the book and the pictures are just beautiful. I've started the boudoir jacket (perhaps one of the least risque items), mainly because I have no idea where I could get things like garter hardware or corset boning in Brooklyn. I'll work my way up to that, I suppose.
Crissy
Apr 29, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
This book just came in to the shop. At first I thought it looked silly - but then again, that's my opinion of most knitted lingerie. However, there were some really beautiful, sweet, sexy, not at all silly things that weren't necessarily lingerie. Plus, they look interesting to knit. And as a super-bonus, there are several patterns that include instructions for larger sizes.
Terry
Sep 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting-crochet
This book falls under the nice to look at, but not to use category. I would give it four stars (and possibly make something from it) if it had given a better idea of the weight/gauge of the different yarns used instead of only listing them by brand name. Yes, I can figure that information out on my own, but it should be included with the patterns in the book.
Samantha Arias
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafty
I was a fan of her knitting style before I bought her book. I was pretty excited to see what she had come up with. I was kind of let down tho. There wasn't that much lingerie as I thought there would be and should be. Very pretty patterns but little misleading. Don't get me wrong I still like the book, just wish it had more lingerie patterns actually in it.
Jessamine
Jul 02, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
There are a few interesting patterns in this book, though I definitely wouldn't wear any knitted lingerie. I really like the arm warmers and the socks are super cute. I've only made two things from this book and the directions are easy to follow.
Rilana
Dec 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafty, knitting
Pretty photos, nice patterns and I liked it a lot. My reason for giving this book 4 stars...there is quite a bit of pattern errata that needs to be looked up. It should have been caught before publish.
Miss Mouse
Jun 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: home-crafty
Joan really has a fantastic handle of the knitted stich. The patterns in this book really show that knitting is not just for your grandma!! They're pretty and very tasteful.
Phoebe
Jan 30, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: crafttastic
Beautiful, but I'm far too lazy to knit my own bra. If only these types of knitting books came out when I was more industrious!
Mckinley
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I don't think any of this looks comfortable let alone supportive!
Tammy
Feb 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: how-to, library-books
I loved this book, although the bra and other items with bra cups wouldn't be big enough for me. Loved the camisole sweaters and socks.
Patricia
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great styles, clear directions, so retro they're avant-garde. I'm a beginning knitter.

Laurie Traverse
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Beautiful patterns.
Wendy
Apr 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
Good for fit and shaping.
All patterns in heavy weights (8 - 10ply mainly) for the styles.
Cindy Shawver
  • Romantic Hand Knits: 26 Flirtatious Designs That Flatter Your Figure
  • Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave
  • French Girl Knits
  • Knitting Classic Style: 35 Modern Designs Inspired by Fashion's Archives
  • No Sheep for You: Knit Happy with Cotton, Silk, Linen, Hemp, Bamboo & Other Delights
  • A Gathering of Lace
  • Knitted Lace of Estonia: Techniques, Patterns, and Traditions
  • Handknit Holidays: Knitting Year-Round for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Winter Solstice
  • Naughty Needles: Sexy, Saucy Knits for the Bedroom and Beyond (Potter Craft)
  • New Pathways for Sock Knitters: Book One