Jump to ratings and reviews

London Mister #3

Fighting Mr. Knight

I’d rather work for Satan on designing hell than work for billionaire property tycoon Jack Knight. The arrogant playboy treats London like it’s his Monopoly board.

To him, I’m just another architect in a small design firm bidding for his project.
To me, he’s a ruthless businessman who plays people like pawns. I should know.

Of course, my worst nightmare happens.

I get to work for the man I hate.
I hate that I have to see his signature cocky grin every day.
I hate that when Jack Knight says jump, we grab our long poles.

I especially hate the undeniable explosive heat growing between us.

To survive this close proximity, I must remember my end goal: bricks, not dicks.

Fighting Mr. Knight is a standalone, steamy, dual point-of-view office romance with a hot-as-hell, brooding CEO and a sassy, witty heroine.

358 pages, Kindle Edition

4 books325 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
27 (1%)
1 star
9 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 114 reviews
Profile Image for Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️.
1,794 reviews27.9k followers
3.5 Stars

I really loved the first two books in this series and was ecstatic to get an ARC for this one's release. I couldn't WAIT for Jack's story and he was definitely everything I wanted him to be. That said, I didn't love this as much as I love the first two or as much as I thought I would - BUT, as a reminder:

3.5 stars is a POSITIVE rating, which means I DID like this book.

Jack and Bonnie had great chemistry and it was well done. The way their relationship developed was also cute. This whole read was an enjoyable reading experience overall.

So why not 5 stars?

I felt like Jack & Bonnie took a bit of a backseat to Max & Bonnie sometimes. The book starts with Bonnie fairly fresh from the breakup of a long-term relationship with Max. And that breakup acts as a bit of a touchstone throughout the entire book.

Bonnie's grief regarding the breakup sprouts up during understandable times throughout the book - even after she and Jack have started hooking up. And while that's, like I said, understandable in real life and wholly reasonable (after all, you don't want your heroine to look like a heartless shrew by somehow being able to move on too fast from an extended, serious relationship), it also felt like it took center stage a little too often for my liking. And not just in action, but in thought as well. Max and her breakup with Max occupied a lot of Bonnie's thoughts throughout the book. And it I felt like all of that drowned Jack out.

I didn't feel like enough time and attention was given to Bonnie and Jack to make me feel invested in the events of the ending. Their relationship felt rushed, unestablished, and without stakes.

Overall, through, my gripes might not strike others the same way. I did enjoy this overall and I think fans of the series will enjoy this well enough as well. Perhaps my expectations were too high and I'll ultimately upgrade it upon rereading. Or I just read this wrong the first time around. Time will tell.

***ARC received in exchange for an honest review***
Profile Image for Carla Bulian.
1,208 reviews200 followers
4,5. I loved this book.
Definitely I will read all her books. 🫶🏻
It’s worth the reading.
Profile Image for Monique.
366 reviews
November 18, 2022
Wow. Jack Knight is right up there with Danny Walker (Taming Mr. Walker) for favorite billionaires who are rough around the edges, a bit mean, have filthy mouths and give off blue collar energy which is cat nip to me.

I loved this story so much. Bonnie was such a great h and I loved how she stood up for herself both professionally and personally. There is some OM drama but not in a love triangle way and I felt the angst from her breakup so badly and thought it was written so perfectly and realistically. While I'm not an angst lover with the main couple I actually love it when it's about the h and her pathetic ex.

Also Bonnie and I are the same person 😂

"listening to my reverse harem audiobooks. Volume hitched as high as it will go. I pig out on takeaways in large pants and watch 365 Days on repeat getting unreasonably emotional."

Dream night in really.

The sex as always was off the charts hot and the sexual tension melted my Kindle.

If you enjoyed the first book in this series you'll absolutely love this one and it's of course got little updates about previous couples which I loved, especially Charlie and Danny updates.

I really enjoyed the side story about Jack's dad and his murder and felt that it was a great addition to the romance.

Also that final epilogue, I really really wish we got the full play by play of that, pretty pretty please 😂🙏

Now to wait for another book from this wonderfully talented author.
Profile Image for Lina.
313 reviews25 followers
December 18, 2022
I didn't expect to like this book soo much...Just the typical office romance with a CEO boss romance. Well...it was that and so much moooore.

I liked Bonnie since the first couple of chapters and I think that she was very sweet and in the meantime fiesty. She wasn't giving to Jack's attitude. Most importantly she wasn't taking his crap. You can definately see that she was attracted to him since the beginning, but she was not trusting herself after the last heartbreak with her ex-boyfriend. But comon...how can you say no to such a man 😍😍😍!

Jack...he is my dream man. Sexy alpha man from every side and with a body of a God. Even beneath all the hard attitude he was really sweet. What I liked a lot was, that even though he knew Bonnie from before and was attracted to her, he didn't wanted to be the reason for her split with her boyfriend. He was waiting patiently and knew that someday she will be his ♥️.

There were some misunderstandings between them at first, but thankfully they were disolved quickly (all this to my liking 😎).

Last, but not least...I don't have words to describe the heat level between them. It was like an explosion of sexy naughty times. The chemistry between them was a literal 🔥. I loved reading those scenes between them ♥️♥️♥️!

I really really loved the book and I am thankful I had the chance to read Bonnie and Jack's story!

I received an ARC copy of this book and this is my honest opinion.
3 reviews
November 2, 2022
I could not put this book down I started it Tuesday evening and finished it Wednesday afternoon I was sent a early release (ARC) for a honest review and I can honestly say it was gripping, I worried because I enjoyed the other two books in the series that it may not live up to them but it sure did! The only downfall now is that I read it to quickly and that it’s over with now I wish I could start all three again without knowing what happens! I cried, laughed and got a little steamy! Would highly recommend!
Profile Image for Claire Ingledew.
639 reviews3 followers
November 3, 2022
Giving this ARC copy for a honest review.
Fighting Mr Knight is the third in this series by Rosa Lucas, you follow Jack Knight story.
Rosa has written this book so well you see a different side to Jack and get to meet Bonnie. I’m don’t do spoilers the synopsis of this book gives you enough to what to read it my review is that I have read the other two in this series and this one is just as good, you might feel a bit hot🔥🥵 after reading some of the intimate scenes definitely a book to read 5🌟
14 reviews2 followers
November 5, 2022
Tropes: love after heartbreak / hero falls first / agp gap / workplace romance / billionaire romance / playboy hero & good girl / HILARIOUS banter

I absolutely LOVE Rosa Lucas and her books!! She is, hands down, my favourite find of the year! I just absolutely love her writing and storytelling.

My favourite part about it is the relatability of her female characters! They feel SO SO real and I truly believe that's what makes her stories so compelling. Well that, and, of course, the fantastic banter (which was FULL TO THE BRIM in this book), the swoony but DOMINANT MCs and the great buildup and tying up of all loose ends.

This third instalment in the London series follows Bonnie, who after recently being dumped by her ex-fiance (who is also her boss), has the opportunity of a lifetime when the company she works for as an architect wins a bid to work with the hottest property development in London - the Lexington Group, owned by none other than Jack Knight.

Jack Knight is just P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N. I love this man. He's equal parts swoon and alpha and I fell so hard for him. I also absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Bonnie. The girl is my spirit animal. I need her to be real.

I really have nothing to add other than to tell you to READ THIS BOOK now, now now and once it releases on 17 November!

I read this as a beta and it was so so good that I didn't put it down the entire time, and literally finished reading it in 6 hours on my day off. Enough said!
Profile Image for Read.Review.Repeat Blog.
4,643 reviews86 followers
November 15, 2022
"This is my first book by this author so I really had no idea what I was in for. Let’s just say by the time I finished reading this book I was already on Amazon downloading the previous two books - it was that good!!
As an Australian, I very much get British humor, which I found myself laughing along throughout the story - mainly due to Bonnie, her words, her actions and even her inner musings were hysterical at times. Every time she was in a scene I was giddy with anticipation with what would unfold. I definitely wasn’t disappointed!!
Then there is Jack - sigh!!! What a magnificent specimen of a man he is. Obviously my new book boyfriend after finishing this book. I really liked how in years previous he held himself back with Bonnie because that was a part of his father he didn’t want to be compared to. But after six months of Bonnie being single he was definitely going to shoot his shot. Definitely not cut and dried for sure, and the conflict part I got to the point that I was certain how it was going to play out, and unfortunately it did happen that way. I was a little bit devastated. But of course there’s a HEA, and I loved how it all worked out. But my blood thirsty side would have liked to see Max come down a peg or two.
Honestly I cannot recommend this book enough and a reread is definitely on the cards in the not too distant future. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book"
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.9k reviews130 followers
November 17, 2022
Rosa Lucas is a new to me author, and after experiencing Fighting Mr. Knight, I'm super excited to read more by her. Jack is a delightful, self made billionaire who is down to earth, and since he hasn't found his person yet, he has a bit of a shady love life that plays out in the tabloids on a regular basis. Bonnie is a girl who is fresh off a break up that did a number on her (ex-fiances are a bit more emotional in my eyes that's for sure), and so she's nowhere close to moving on. That was the part that took a bit from the story, the third party ex-fiance since it seemed like his memory was in the middle of whatever Bonnie & Jack could have. And yet, these two sizzled off the pages with a lot of witty banter that delighted me to no end, but again, Bonnie's hurt from the breakup & other things which I'll never tell put up some roadblocks. However, it made me extremely happy that she was no pushover, so made Jack work for it, and work for it he did in spectacular fashion, so yeah, this story was easy to read in one sitting! HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
1,584 reviews8 followers
November 13, 2022
Profile Image for Nyla.
138 reviews3 followers
November 4, 2022
Thanks so much for Greys Promomotions and Rosa Lucas for the ARC. All opinions expressed are my own.

I love Rosa's series and this was one of my highly anticipated reads. Jack and Bonnie are explosive and their chemistry is great, however I really struggled with the MMC, I felt that he wasn't well suited for Bonnie and felt their connection was one of lust rather than love.

Despite this, I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Bonnie's character, I felt that she was a strong female individual, torn between choosing between her love and her family. I didn't particularly agree with some of her decisions, however I found the focus on her job really fascinating.

I throughly enjoyed this series and can't wait to read more.
Profile Image for Kat.
174 reviews2 followers
November 19, 2022
DNF 74%

This book was so dull, Bonnie was annoying, the rest of the characters were uninteresting. The was practically no backstory, personality or development of the characters. I was 3/4 of the way finished and I still felt like I knew nothing about the characters. They all sounded the same, and you couldn’t differentiate anyone if that makes sense.

Overall pretty disappointed
Profile Image for Sandra R.
2,712 reviews32 followers
December 5, 2022
I really enjoyed this English rom/com. It was well written, and Jack was a lovely broody hero. There was a tiny amount of angst, but mostly this was a fun, engaging read. The romance was slow burn and when it heated up, there were some nicely done steamy scenes. This is the author's third book, so I can't wait to see what she produces in the future.
Profile Image for Maddie.
27 reviews
November 20, 2022
3.5 stars - my only major gripe with this series is that the fmc’s grovel and I don’t believe in apologising to men
Profile Image for TurnItAllOff.
192 reviews5 followers
November 20, 2022
I loved the first 2 books. I really tried to love this one too, but it all happened so quick and the drama felt very unrealistic.
Profile Image for Maria11.
1,825 reviews36 followers
December 26, 2022
liked the other books better

I like the other books in the series better. Not a big fan of this one. I don’t like what Jack did and she just took him back even when he said all those terrible things.
408 reviews
November 7, 2022
This is the first book I read from this author and I so enjoyed it. I always love the billionaire trope and this was no exception. I didn't agree with some of Bonnie's decisions as I thought it showed her lack of maturity. I did love the Alpha billionaire Jack though. Some parts were confusing to read as I didn't understand some of the British lingo and I had to get used to the British spelling of words too but luckily the author mentioned it in the beginning. I just wish she would have explained some of the other lingo that isn't widely heard of in the US. I received an advanced copy and I'm leaving this review voluntarily.
629 reviews17 followers
January 6, 2023
Jack and Bonnie's story was everything I expected from this author and this series. I have loved all the books in this series and Ms. Lucas did not disappoint in Jack and Bonnie's story. Jack like so many MMC's in this series is a self-made billionaire with a history who considers women nothing more than a place to relieve his sexual tension. He is completely thrown off by Bonnie and his attraction to her which makes his character messy at times, cagey and cutthroat but also very endearing and interesting. I loved how he fought his attraction for her and how she maintained her dignity and went toe to toe with Jack much of the book, until she didn't. I dislike insta-love scenarios in most books and was glad that was not the case in this series.

Both Bonnie and Jack have a tumultuous relationship that is fueled by their dislike for one another as well as their sexual attraction to one another. I love the comradery and support that Jack has throughout the book as well as Bonnie's no bull shit attitude. It was a great read.
Profile Image for Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog).
4,909 reviews153 followers

Amazon

Jack's been interested in Bonnie for awhile but the timing's never been right. Well, it sure is now. She's fresh off a breakup with a serious jerk, and now they're working together. So this alpha's gonna make his move. Will Bonnie make it easy on him and swoon at his feet like the average woman does? Or does Jack like her guarded ways?

Bonnie's all about making it in this architecture industry. She doesn't need complications like hot billionaire Jack. But she's having a hard time convincing her body (and heart) to be on the same page as her mind. She also has a bit of a secret that could put a serious crimp in their relationship. This feisty architect has her work cut out for her, that's for sure.

Jack is one word - swoony! How Bonnie resisted him at first I will never be able to understand. But that's actually one of the things I like most about this story - she didn't just fall into him at first glance, no, she made him work for her time, for her heart. But it was worth it because this alpha was downright charming when he made his move. I love this couple together, so now I'm about to go read the first two stories and am looking very forward to more London Misters falling in love.

ARC provided by Grey's Promotions for an honest review.

Review / Release Blitz: Live Through Books Blog.

Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Bookbub
Profile Image for Katy.
781 reviews18 followers
January 2, 2023
I enjoyed reading this. There were some language choices and jokes I found a bit iffy, but the book as a whole is good fun. It combines humour and angst in a way that I quite enjoy; it made my chest ache. A lot of the conflict was based on very flimsy misunderstandings, but the angst that came from it was quite fun.

I liked the dynamic between Bonnie and Jack. They had decent chemistry and I enjoyed a lot of their banter. I also thought the parts where Bonnie was working through her feelings about her break up with her fiance were quite well-done; I really felt for her and I liked that the book took the time to focus on her development in that area. With regards to Jack, I actually found him a bit of a flat character. He had moments where I liked him - for example, I liked how once he realised he had feelings for her he didn’t shy away from them - but sometimes I found him overly harsh and I didn’t think Bonnie always deserved his reactions.

However, I didn’t really like the subplot involving Bonnie’s father. At first I wished it had been a bit messier - I think it would have been interesting to not have it all turn out to be her father’s fault - but then as the plot developed and I realised where it was going I didn’t really like it. I didn’t find the ending very satisfying and I didn’t really like how it resolved between them.

But the book is definitely entertaining, if nothing else, and I did enjoy the angsty parts quite a lot. I just didn’t find it as interesting as the other two books in the series and I think that some of the external plot overcomplicated matters in a way it was hard to work back from, and I don’t personally think that was pulled off as well as it could have been.

Content Notes: Hate-to-love, workplace, boss/employee, age gap, millionaire/billionaire.

Warnings:

Other: .
Profile Image for lovelust andbloodygoodbooks.
281 reviews6 followers
December 9, 2022
Thank you Greys and Rosa for sending me this book to read and review.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.

This book follows the self-made east end billionaire Jack Knight and architect Bonnie.

Bonnie is an architect working her way up at Bradshaw and Brown. her ex who orchestrated their breakup 6 months before is her boss and boy is he an asshole. Bonnie is sweat and almost too innocent but there is only one man that really riles her up and gets her blood boiling and that is the hot as sin Mr Jack Knight.

Jack is born and bred in the east end her worked from a brickie right up to owning her own leading construction company. He has started work on a new project and hired Bradshaw and Brown to help. HIs intention for this is more than just business there is a little bombshell that he has a thing for, and he wants her to be his.

These two first come into contact at one of their friends/ cousins' weddings and the connection is sizzling from the very first sight between them. Bonnie fights her affection because of some past story about Jack firing her father but not all is as it seems with that one. Jack does not give up on Bonnie though and boy was I glad because when these two finally decide to give it a go BOOM.

There is a lot that happens, and the conflict only adds to the drama. AT one point i found myself literally screaming at Bonnie to tell jack what she had found out.

I really enjoyed this book, and you should definitely give it a go. My only critique would be that towards the end it felt a little rushed but i can't wait to read more Rosa.

My Overall Rating is 4 💋💋💋💋
My Character Rating is 4 ❤️❤️❤️❤️
My Smut Rating is 3 🍆🍆🍆
My Angst Rating is 3 😬😬😬
505 reviews1 follower
December 27, 2022
Good Read

This was a difficult one to rate
It almost lost me a few times and almost didn't finish, (DNF). I got through and it held some passionate scenes, some irritating angst and some redeeming scenes with my favorite characters fr other books in the series.

Bonnie and Jack

The first book was so good no other have gotten a 5 star from me. I disliked the beginning and their constant misunderstandings and disrespect of one another. I again as in book two didn't get a feel for why he liked her so very much.

Book one I think I was biased because loved the female character myself, she was hilarious with no clucks given attitude.

Book one was the funniest and the best love connection. While all the characters are likeable, I think book one was so good that I am rated the others in comparison

When looking at the thousands of other romance novels l have read of varying levels, this one does rate higher. This author is one.of the good ones.

I recommend this series particularly book one.

My main critique is make me feel why this female.is so special to the billionaire. I thought it was hinting that he was pining for her in the past. What made him fascinated with Bonnie. I am sure it's not her horrible name.

Was it because she ignored him and she was the one thing he never could have? This is something that was never disclosed in this novel. Difficult to feel the initial chase and connection if you aren't right there with them, rooting for their love because you can feel the emotional pull.

This is why this book almost lost me. He was physically attracted to her but why risk anything when he could have anyone. Make it make sense.

Good book just lacking in a few areas.

Profile Image for Liz.
680 reviews5 followers
November 12, 2022
Self made billionaire Jack Knight has seen architect Bonnie around and been intrigued but its only when they’re partnered up at mutual friends wedding that he makes his move.

Rosa Lucas is a new to me author and one I’ll be more than happy to read again if Fighting Mr Knight is anything to go by. This is a fun, office romance with sizzling chemistry and lots of fun, hot times between the hero and heroine and lots of witty dialogue. There is a great flow to the story with a touch of depth when Bonnie’s reason’s for keeping her distance from Jack end up to be more serious than first appeared. There are so many things I loved about this book. The characters are fantastic and even though Jack is a billionaire he’s down to earth and didn’t forget where he came from. Bonnie was fresh out of a break up with her fiancé weeks before their wedding was supposed to have taken place and is still a bit lost and uncertain. She can’t hide her attraction to Jack but I loved that she really made him work for it and didn’t fall into his arms straight away although perhaps this had more to do with a perceived belief she had about what had happened between him and her father rather than her being reluctant to start anything with him. But what I love most about this book that the author didn’t feel the need to have any of her characters rush straight for the aisle as soon as they professed their love for each other. They could be together and have their “happily ever after’ without the need for a piece of paper which just seemed a more realistic attitude to me.
Profile Image for Sharon Moritz-rosenthal.
1,890 reviews17 followers
November 17, 2022
I received a complimentary early release e-book prior to release and am voluntarily leaving a review.

This was a really hot, sexy story and a romance at work with British playboy, Jack. It also takes place in London and is filled with an ex, Max that Bonnie is forced to work with, one very strong woman, and the man who wants to woo her. In addition there is a murder mystery that really complicates Jack and Bonnie's life.

This is the third book in the series and is also a fairly new author. It easily stands alone and this is my first read of a book by this author and I really loved this story. Its very much a story about a woman whose life is very complicated by the three men in your life, her father, Max (her boss) and Jack, the guy she lusts for.

As mentioned, there is a murder mystery in this story. Jack is very dedicated to bringing justice to his father who was murdered ten years before. I loved this plot point in this story, and it made this story really exciting and filled with suspense. It very much complicated Jack and Bonnie's relationship and it really made Bonnie look into how her life is going and I loved her strength and how it changes the course of her life.

I adored Jack and I loved how much he wants Bonnie. Their early relationship confused both characters and I loved the scenes where they finally confront their issues and move past it. Bonnie was such a strong character, and I loved that Jack saw that and he works hard to win her heart and a shot with her.
Profile Image for Lulu.
52 reviews
November 22, 2022
A solid score but can’t help being a *bit* disappointed in this last instalment.

Why is it that the 3rd/final book in a series always undoes the character we’ve been teased with throughout? I liked Jack but he was so full-on intense with the insta love which goes so far against everything else we’ve seen of him before. Don’t tease me with a bad guy & deliver me hearts & flowers y’know?

I liked Bonnie, liked the attempt to play hard to get & liked the writing but, for me, it gave too much of a word count to her old relationship with her boss Max & not enough to what was brewing with Jack. Most of the H/h story was told in the 4 (5?) brief epilogues & glossed over. If I’m reading a book about Jack & Bonnie then tell me the story of how they make distance work, move in together & get engaged…. at the 90ish% mark they’d still only tentatively gotten together & gone public.

I felt like this book should be longer or had the ex/father issues storyline edited down. Let’s be honest, I also wanted more “action scenes” as this was pretty lacking. The chemistry was there but it left me wanting more.
Profile Image for Book Nerdy 2020.
230 reviews4 followers
FIGHTING MR.KNIGHT By Rosa Lucas

Jack Knight is a Billionaire property Tycoon. Bonnie is an architect at the firm which wins the bid for a dream project.

😊What i liked -

✔ Workplace Romance/Forced Proximity/Opposites Attract
✔ Okay i found myself a new book boyfriend. Jack is sweet, caring , sexy and very Alpha many.(understand the emotion)
✔ I liked Bonnie's character too. She is a very determined, strong yet vulnerable woman.
✔ I loved their slow burn chemistry.
✔ I liked a few of the side characters too.
✔ This book has a strong storyline, with lots of heartbreaks and spice.

🤔What could have been better -

✔ I think the issue with the ex was stretched a little more than I would have liked.
✔ Okay so Rosa can you please send me a Jack please.

📚Who Should read :

👶Beginners
💝Romance Lovers
💞Workplace Romance
💕Forced Proximity

📈My Rating : 4/5

P.s - 3rd book in the series but can be read as a standalone.

Thank you Rosa Lucas and Greys Promotions for a copy.
Profile Image for Caught Up In The Pages.
280 reviews15 followers
November 18, 2022
I really enjoyed this, it had me grinning and laughing and snorting like the lady that I am. I enjoyed the banter between the characters and the growth of their relationships. I didn't like how Jack treated Bonnie near the end and I feel like she should have given him a bit more of the bird for it and a few glares wouldn't have gone amiss. I know what he found out was terrible, a blow and a shock and because of that he wasn't going to appreciate her turning up on his doorstep but eh, just left a nasty feeling but at least his friends gave him a good talking too. With that said, Bonnie wasn't in the right either, but I can understand where she was coming from too. Torn between loyalty and what is right isn't always easy and the way the author showed how it weighed on her was well written. All in all, I loved them, and I had such a great time with them.

I am really hoping this is just the beginning of a series and that we'll get more additions to it in time as I am thoroughly enjoying this author's witty banter and characters.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 114 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.