Start by marking “Stuart Goes to School (The Amazing World of Stuart, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stuart Goes to School (The Amazing World of Stuart, #2)

Stuart Goes to School

(The Amazing World of Stuart #2)

This hilarious sequel to STUART'S CAPE is a witty look at an eight-year-old worrier's first day of third grade. Now in paperback!

Published July 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 2003)

Start your review of Stuart Goes to School (The Amazing World of Stuart, #2)
Ethan
Feb 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
I REALLY REALLY liked this book because Stuart thought he was going to have a bad day, but he found a magic hole in his cape and he got to go to the teacher room that said "no kids allowed" and other fun things.
Carey
Sep 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: K-3
Shelves: young-adult
Great read-aloud for beginning of 3rd grade. Story has a few gaps, but addresses lots of fears of going back to school, new to a school, etc.
Angie
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: juvenile-fic
Is it because I missed #1? I don't get it.

And I usually love Sara Pennypacker. And neurotic little people.
Joy Slykhuis
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: junior-fiction
I enjoyed this one much more than the first of the two..."Stuart's Cape". It's very very cute. Stuart has to go to the first day of grade 3 in a new school...in green plaid pants and a cowboy shirt! Oh no!! Fortunately, he has his cape to provide adventures for him, and it does. Hilarious and wonderful!!
Parker
Jan 15, 2020 rated it liked it
It is Stuarts first day of school at his new school. He really wants to make friends!
Will he or will he not?

I wish this book was longer.
Angela Yuan
I had to write a fanfiction for this book in grade 5
Nicola Mansfield
Jan 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Reason for Reading: Honestly, the illustrations had me!

This is a cute little story in a chapter book format that is really intended for reading aloud. Being about a third grader it certainly is for the younger crowd but elementary students will probably have a hard time reading it themselves as it is not exactly an easy read and the print is quite tiny. No, this story is going to be much more appreciated as a read aloud.

It's the first day of school once again and Stuart, constant worrier, has ev
Books Kids Like
The dreaded day has come! Stuart starts third-grade in a new school. His mind is flooded with worries- what if no one likes him, what if he doesn't have anything cool for show-and-tell, what if he gets lost on the way to the bathroom... The list is endless. His anxiety increases when he learns that his mother expects him to wear his father's bright plaid shorts and cowboy shirt to school. After all, it's what dad wore on his first day of third grade. Stuart decides to wear his cape over the clot ...more
Kelsey
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Stuart worries about attending school without his best friend. Luckily, he has a magic cape that grants him one adventure a day. The bad news is that sometimes the adventure doesn't quite go as planned. One day, Stuart's awful outfit disappears under his cape, leaving him naked. Another day, holes start appearing all over town and Stuart must use one to escape from the bathroom. Finally, Stuart starts to make friends as his magic cape and his drawing skills allow him to recreate his classmates w ...more
Uflchildrens
Sep 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a fun sequel to Stuart's cape. Stuart is going to 3rd grade and his mom has picked out the perfect outfit for his first day... bright green plaid pants and a shirt with little cowboys all over it that his own father used to wear! Stuart understandably is reluctant to wear this but doesn't have a choice. Fortunately he can top it with his magical cape made of neckties which cause a new adventure to happen each day. Funny and likable every kid that would especially appeal to boys who aren' ...more
Diane
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stuart hopes that his cape will give him the "magic" he needs to make friends at his new school and ward off the "bad" days. Unfortunately, on day 1 he wishes he didn't have to wear the babyish outfit his mother laid out for him and when he gets to school, he's not wearing it. He only has underwear on under his cape. Oh dear!

Students will enjoy this second story about Stuart and his cape "adventures."
Kelli
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This first chapter book is humorous throughout. "As soon as he woke up, Stuart knew it was going to be a bad day. You can smell a bad day coming. I smells like sour milk. The first bad thing about the day was hanging on his bedpost. A pair of greed plaid pants, so bright they hurt his eyes. . . "
A great recommended read for an on-target second- or third-grader.
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
We chose this at the library without realizing it is a sequel; now I must go back to find Stuart's Cape. I adored this book. The engaging writing and the witty illustrations work together perfectly. Magical realism runs amuck as Stuart's worries about his new school seem to come true. Yet his imagination makes him a hero in the end.
Dree
Oct 27, 2009 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this more than my 6yo. My 10yo would find it very funny--but has no interest because it looks like a book for 6yos. Meaning short with many illustrations. One of those oddball books where the reading level and humor level don't match up.
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
After Stuart makes his cape it is time for his first day at his new school. Luckily his cape still has some surprises in store...or maybe unluckily.

I love Stuart just as much in this installment as I did in Stuart's Cape. A great follow up story!
Christy
Dec 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: easy-reader
The first day of school is here, and Stuart is worried. What if he gets stuck in the boys' bathroom? What if he doesn't have anything to show for show and tell? Worst of all, what if his mother really makes him wear those green plaid pants and a.
Haley
Nov 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: reading-4050
I chose this book because it looked like a cute book to use in a classroom. I was right about that. Although this was not one of my favorite books that I have read I still really enjoyed it and I believe children in 2nd and 3rd grade would really find Stuart hilarious too.
Rosanne
This is a fun book, and I think I will read it as a read aloud book at the beginning of the school year. After I finished reading it, I learned that it is the second one in a series. I think it will make the children want to read more of the books.
Jana
This is a cute little chapter book about a boy who has made himself a magic cape out of a bunch of ties. The cape allows him to have one magical surprise a day. The cape is a big help as he experiences all the worries of starting third grade at a new school.
Steph
Feb 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I read these out of order... no wonder I was confused. =) Cute book series by the author of Clementine! I LOVE the "how to draw" page at the end - and kids will, too!

Recommended for 1st-3rd graders!
Jess
May 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Sequel to Stuart's Cape, this book is about Stuart going to school, and the crazy things that happen because of his magical cape. Very funny stuff. Great for early readers.
Dawn
Sep 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Third graders
Excellent read aloud for third grade students!
Amy
Aug 05, 2009 rated it liked it
Cute and funny! Grades 2-3 would love this book.
Barb Keltner
Oct 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this because it's the same author as "Clementine" that I loved. It's cute but not nearly as funny.
Abby
Jun 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Takes place right after Stuart's Cape.
Debrarian
Oct 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-alouds, funny, j-fic
Not quite as good as Stuart’s Cape, but decently quirky.
Abbie
Dec 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book made me think of myself because I worry a lot, just like Stuart. I learned that everything will turn out okay, though.
Michelle
Nathan liked his series
Vanessa Loviza
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Sara Pennypacker she gets into the imagination of a kid so so well, I feel like she reached inside my once 7 year old head and got all the good stuff out.
Lori
Jul 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: chapter
Very amusing. Would be better as a read aloud. I wish I had read the first one first.

• Amy Is a Little Bit Chicken (The Critter Club, #13)
  • The New Year's Eve Sleepover from the Black Lagoon
  • Fractured Fables
  • Lovely
  • Cinnamon
  • Tight

The Amazing World of Stuart (2 books)
  • Stuart's Cape