Start by marking “I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)

I Heart New York

(I Heart #1)

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  23,926 ratings  ·  1,143 reviews
Perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, get ready for the summer debut of the year...When you're running away from a broken heart, there's only one place to go...Adjusting tiaras at the foot of the aisle, Angela and her best friend prepare for the wedding of the year. But events don't go as planned. And when a girl is in possession of a crumpled bridesmaid dress - and can't ...more
Published June 25th 2009 by Harper (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about I Heart New York, please sign up.
Emer (A Little Haze) There are now 8 books in the series and 2 eBook novellas. The series order is
1. I Heart New York
2. I Heart Hollywood
3. I Heart Paris
3.5. Jenny Lopez…more
There are now 8 books in the series and 2 eBook novellas. The series order is
1. I Heart New York
2. I Heart Hollywood
3. I Heart Paris
3.5. Jenny Lopez has a Bad Week (eBook novella)
4. I Heart Vegas
5. I Heart London
6. I Heart Christmas
6.5. Jenny Lopez Saves Christmas (eBook novella)
7. I Heart Forever
8. I Heart Hawaii(less)
Pamela yes you can. it should be available at all bookstores. if you can't find it ask someone. I recommend it. So far is light and vibrant. You'll love all…moreyes you can. it should be available at all bookstores. if you can't find it ask someone. I recommend it. So far is light and vibrant. You'll love all the tourist's New York spot. (less)

·  23,926 ratings  ·  1,143 reviews

Start your review of I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
Karen
Jul 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
This was one of the smallest books in my collection, and for that reason I read it the night before I went on holiday. Quite frankly I wish I had not bothered. The writing is terrible, cliched, and if there was any originality in the book then I must have blinked and missed it.
Rather than any form of detailed plot we have details of designers (was the writer trying for freebies from Marc Jacobs???), numerous descriptions of handbags, shops etc.
I think this is meant to be some sort of modern
Mandy
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Angela Clarke, who at the beginning of this book is at her best friend's wedding. She discovers that her boyfriend of ten years has been cheating on her, and so she decides to jet off to New York in order to find herself.
That is basically the premise, and we spend the rest of the book going along with Angela on her journey. Now, some of the situations that Angela finds herself are definitely a little unbelievable, but this is a highly entertaining, enjoyable story that I
Sara
This is that awkward moment when everybody loved a series, you start with book one—usually the most loved—filled with positive expectations, and then it’s just meh! You liked it, but you didn’t L.O.V.E. it, and you start to wonder, is it just me? And the book seems to be looking at you saying it is you. Then a small comment on your status of a fellow reader that had relationship issues with the same uber loved series makes you feel at ease. It isn’t just you.
So here’s what I did and didn’t like
Hannah
Mridu  aka Storypals
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Renee Barrette
I loved everything about this book! I've never been to New York, but it's my dream destination right now, and I'll take any opportunity to read about it. That's what drew me to the book in the first place. Kelk has a wonderful ability to make her readers really connect to the characters. Everything that Angela goes through, from the horrendous break-up, to the simultaneous dating, to being a newcomer to a huge city is something that many women have been through, therefore they can relate easily. ...more
Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-read-2009
At her best friend’s wedding, Angela Clark finds her boyfriend cheating on her in his car. After storming back into the wedding to confront her best friend, Angela flees to New York and ends up staying in the first hotel she comes to. The girl working on the concierge at the hotel, Jenny, befriends Angela and takes her under her wing, giving Angela a make-over and showing her New York City’s sights. Within days, Angela is dating two guys and has a job blogging about her adventures in the City ...more
Monica (crazy_4_books)
Short review because I'm super tired. I had no idea who Lindsey Kelk was until I saw Shelby Taggart talk about her books on her channel (thank you Shelby!). I bought the first in the series because it was on sale at bookdepository, just to give it a try. The blurb said it was perfect for Sophie Kinsella's fans. It is right, I think that if you enjoy Sophie's books you'll like Lindsey's writing style. They're both British, share a similar witty sense of humor and sarcasm in their books. Based ...more
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Angela is 26 and maid of honor at her best friend's wedding, when, dressed in a horrible coffee-coloured fish-tail bridesmaid dress, and clutching a pair of Louboutins in her hand, she finds her fiance having sex with another girl in the back of their car.

After screaming at him she discovers that he has been seeing this girl for months, and that her best friend and her new husband have been playing doubles tennis with them!

Storming back into the wedding she screams at the bride, and fractures
Antonia
Jul 24, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
well.

didn't enjoy this. at all. so full of stereotypes of what women "want" and are engrossed by apparently. shopping (the right brands obviously), drinking alcohol to have fun, drinking coffee (of course from the right coffee shop) and finding a mate. but then, what did i expect, it came in a magazine with the exact same content.
the two things that annoyed me most were the constant brand name dropping and the fact that alcohol featured so much - in fact every time the characters went somewhere
I really enjoyed this book. For a chick-lit, it was pretty hard to put down. The characters were likable and the story was fun. It just happens that all the chick-lits i have read so far have been written by british authors about British characters. This is the same but most of the story takes place in New York so it was a neat surprise to be familiar with the environment. I want to check out some more titles from this author.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: June 25, 2009
Genre: Chick Lit

I love Lindey Kelk's books so much! They have just the right amount of humor, fun, and romance to make all chick lit lovers smile! In this book, I Heart New York, readers are taken on a journey with Angela as she runs away from her home town of London to start over after catching her fiance cheating at her best friends wedding. But, what should have been a time of crying an eating her way through Ben and Jerry's in order to get over said breakup,
Lisa-Books Smiles
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Such a fun book!
Chelsea may Simpson xx
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and funny keeps you wanting to read more and you don’t want to put it down once you start reading it xx
Lydia Laceby
Originally Reviewed at Novel Escapes

What fabulous and fun chick lit! I whipped through I Heart New York, finding it full of laughs and connected with Angela’s character and enjoyed following her as she tried to figure herself out.

I Heart New York was such a fun read. I laughed out loud and was fully immersed into Angela’s life. She felt real to me. She had wasn't too ditzy, she had aspirations and I felt her love for the city shine through, along with her confusion about how she ended up there
Cat
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really nice light hearted story.
It was very enjoyable - slightly predictable, but all round sweet.
I was rooting for Alex from the very beginning. What can I say? I'm also a sucker for a boy in a band, with skinny jeans and messy hair.

I think I'll need to read I Heart Paris during the summer :)

RE READ IN 2018!
Kim
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Fun chick lit, read while I was in NY as it is set there. It's a good story, a definite page turner. I have liked it enough to purchase the next book in the series.
Chloe
Dec 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
At her best friend’s wedding, Angela walks in on her long-term boyfriend Mark cheating on her with someone on the back seat of their car. Nice. So she does what any self-respecting woman would do – flees… not just the wedding, but the country as well! Angela ends up in New York City with no friends, no money and no job.

But she soon makes friend with hotel receptionist Jenny and she’s determined to put a smile back on Angela’s face. Cue a LOT of spending in Bloomingdale’s, getting drunk and
Cavort
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
I was delighted to win this book in one of the Goodreads' giveaways. That is until my spouse lost the book envelope in a pile of bills to be filed. Thus, until I got around to filing, my least favorite thing (besides dishes) I couldn't recall where the heck I had put the book after I got it. Imagine my delight to find, in the middle of endless sheets of monotony disguised as bills and other important documents, a new book to read.

The delight lasted until I started reading. The whole clueless
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 25/06/2009
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Recommended for: fans of chick lit

Oh I love the 'I Heart' series of books, each of them are amazing and this one does not disappoint! This is the first book that appears in the series where we meet the character of Angela Clark who is funny, relatable, very likeable. In this book Angela moves to New York after she flee's from her wedding, where she meet her new best friend Jenny Lopez (who is the girl you wish was your best friend!) who helps her out
Anne
Jun 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart New York' is being marketed at Sophie Kinsella fans and yes there are similarities, however,whilst Sophie often makes me laugh out loud - this book had me sighing in annoyance in many places.

Dumped girlfriend takes the first plane to anywhere - ends up in New York City - meets lots of lovely, fashionable and rich people and immediately turns into a beautiful, succesful woman herself. The plot is quite improbable - very far-fetched but very easy to read. Ideal for passing
Gina
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
** 4 WITTY STARS! **

I quite liked this book! I especially loved how I got an image of New York just by reading this and made me want to step on the first plane to the Big Apple and just wing it like Angela did.
Just wing it and hope I'll get somewhere, meet new people and get opportunities handed over as if it's a tissue.
Man if life were that simple, it'd be great.

I finished this fairly quick because it's
Vicki
When I picked this book up I thought, yep, nice easy read, nothing special. I think I read this in one day. It's possibly one of my all time favourite books. I've read it and re read it so much I'll need to buy a new copy as mine is getting dog eared. I found it hilariously funny and the heroine cringe worthy but real. I envied how she had the courage to (unrealistically) up and start a new life half way around the world when things got tough at home. I'm glad she stood firm and never wavered ...more
Nilam Suri
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Nilam by: Nina Ardianti
Shelves: chick-lit, ebook
I read it yesterday, and literally in just one sitting. This book made me nailed my butt in Starbucks from noon till nearly evening, unable to move and unable to stop.

I can't remember the last time I enjoy a chick-lit book this much, hell, i even can't remember the last time i read chick-lit, the genre that i adored (and gained me the title the queen of chick-lit among my peers) in college. But this book, make that inner chick-lit die hard fan back in vengeance!

The story is heartwarming, the
Love Fool
Mar 10, 2015 rated it liked it
If I could, I would rate this book a 3.5.

Get ready to meet Angela Clark as she flees the world’s worst wedding for a new life…

I first read part 5 of the I Heart series and it made me want to read the rest. This book was good, I enjoyed it but I thought it was a little unrealistic. I understand that it's fiction and a chick-lit so I understand the fairytale of it all but for a lady living in NYC most of her life... let me tell you, this shit doesn't happen. You don't meet men nonstop
Amanda
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was pure fun, highly recommend picking up if you want to escape for a few hours!
Diana
DNF. Reading this increasingly felt like punishment, so I threw in the towel. It’s not horrible, but I didn’t especially care to find out what happened to the main character.
Lainy
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Time taken to read - on and off over 4 days

Pages - 307

Publisher - Harper

Source - Bought online

Blurb from Goodreads

It's official. Angela Clarke is in love – with the most fabulous city in the world.

Fleeing her cheating boyfriend and clutching little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins and her passport, Angela jumps on a plane, destination - NYC.

Holed up in a cute hotel room, Angela gets
Amy
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an impulse read at the recommendation of a friend and i'm glad I read it as it's so different from anything I'd normally read. I'm not a fan of romance in books so this was never going to be completely my cup of tea but I did enjoy it and it was a change of pace from heavy fantasy and crime thrillers.

Angela was a really fun character; how can you not like a girl that pisses in her cheating partners man bag. I honestly didn't expect that moment from a romance book and it did make me
Lita
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
"I woke up feeling I had to meet my new life head on. So what if I'd never done anything impulsive before today? I was now a born again New Yorker and a New New Yorker needed a New Handbag".

"I'd really like to write. Just write, whether it's magazines or books, whatever. Not necessarily deep and meaningful, but just something that someone can enjoy".

"I left to get some water and find the bottom half of her outfit. Apparently things had got fairly far with Jeff before all her beers made a break
What did you think about this one? 5 27 Jun 22, 2016 02:03PM
Tyler vs Alex 8 28 Dec 05, 2014 05:12AM
Any thoughts about the book ? 6 57 Feb 04, 2014 04:00PM
Age Group 5 65 Jun 23, 2013 01:42PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 11/2012: I Heart New York: Chapter 21 - Epilogue I Heart New York 11 55 Dec 04, 2012 09:34PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 11/2012: I Heart New York: Chapters 11 - 15 I Heart New York 14 77 Dec 04, 2012 09:25PM
Chick Lit Book Club: 11/2012: I Heart New York: Chapters 1-5 I Heart New York 25 95 Dec 02, 2012 08:46PM

• Wilde Women
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
  • Be Careful What You Wish For
  • Five Years From Now
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Fairytale of New York
  • From Notting Hill with Love... Actually (Actually, #1)
  • The Longest Holiday
  • Chasing Daisy
  • Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • The Last Piece of My Heart
  • One Perfect Summer (One Perfect #1)
  • Baby Be Mine (Johnny Be Good, #2)
  • Pictures of Lily
  • One Perfect Christmas and Other Stories
  • A Girl Like You
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.

I Heart (8 books)
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)
  • I Heart Forever (I Heart Series, Book 7)
  • I Heart Hawaii (I Heart Series, Book 8)
“It's OK not to be OK.” 184 likes
“People go to LA to "find themselves", they come to New York to become someone new.” 128 likes