Start by marking “Rumor Has It” as Want to Read:
Rumor Has It

Rumor Has It

(Quaid Horses #1)

Nick Leone was a walking hunk poster, a Yankee heartthrob with a mysterious past and a rogue's smile that dared Katie Quaid to unmask him! The exquisite Southern lady had her own deep secrets, and when Nick heard the tremble beneath her smooth, sweet drawl, he vowed to melt the walls that caged the heart of the woman others called an ice princess. For flue years Katie had ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 184 pages
Published December 1st 1988 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Rumor Has It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumor Has It

Vintage
DNF because I am a cynical bitch who can no longer read about pity-partying, matchy-matchy pastel wearing heroines. Plus the narrator is pushing the whole Southern drawl thing to a nauseatingly camp version.

This chick is definitely related to the fathead in Man of Her Dreams.
Cheri
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
This was a very short read. Not much substance to it. Mostly romance with a little steam. It was just okay for me.
Robin
When Katie Quaid notices that a new man in town has bought the building across the street from her business, she is interested in finding out everything about him. Rumors are flying around town. Is he a secret agent? A mercenary? In Witness Protection? He is definitely good looking enough to be a model. Nick Leone has moved to this town to open an Italian Restaurant. He wasn't sure about leaving the city for a small town, but when he meets Katie, he thinks he may have made the right decision.

Thi
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Apr 20, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was a very early book that Tami Hoag wrote and well you can tell. I like Tami Hoag she's written some really good books, this is not one of them.

I just couldn't get past my dislike of the main heroine. She was so selfish and spent so much time feeling sorry for herself I don't see how the hero could possible fall in love with her.

Katie had a riding accident that stopped her from pursuing her dream of riding in the Olympics and left her with some physical limitations and the inability to hav
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Oh the things I pick up at the library when I'm stuck. I was sitting at the library, minding my friend's 1 yr old baby and letting my two younger kids play and browse while we waited for the older one to finish an appointment. They have this shelf of "books for busy moms" in the children's section and I grabbed this. It was short. A typical "repressed girl meets un-repressed boy" and both of their lives change forever" sprinkled with a couple of steamy interludes and interactions with sassy frie ...more
Leigh
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am glad Tami Hoag switched to thrillers instead of romance.
Gail
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet little romance. The hero and heroine fall in love rather quickly with a few secrets to give the romance a little spice. The big conflict is that the heroine feels too flawed to deserve happiness. But of course it all works out in the end.
Sue
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read that has an interesting couple....he's "ahem" a dancer opening a restaurant and she's an interior designer in a small town. This book is full of great characters, and excellent writing. Most of all it's full of hope!
Dorothy Garland
Jun 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Dreams can come true if your willing to meet halfway.
Eliza
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
I really really wanted to smack her upside the head and tell her, "Get over it." I only finished it because I didn't have anything else to read.
Veronica
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
True love conquers all obstacles...........brought tears to the eyes at some parts. Beware!
Jim Barber
Mar 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
If I kept a list of the top 20 WORST books I've read, this would easily make the list. In fact, it would challenge for the top spot. I appreciate a good romance from time to time, but this was incredibly awful. I know you need plot lines, but this one made the main character out to be about the most stupid heroine in the history of heroines. Her thought process was so bad, that I kind of wanted her to lose the guy -- then she could have wallowed in her misery and we'd all probably been better of ...more
Christiane
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Early Tami Hoag Romance

Tami Hoag is one of my favorite authors. This is one of her early romance books. It touches on overcoming ones fears and emotional growth. Even though it was pretty cheesy it held some entertainment value. Reading this early book shows how much Tami has grown and developed her stories, characters and writing abilities over the years. Recommended for Romance lovers especially if you don't mind the occasional ' steam '.
Jessica Macri
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good quick read. Kate meets heart throb, they have their quirks they over come. That is appreciated, and normally that's what would unreasonably drive a wedge in the relationship.

However, what does cause the conflict, I have mixed feelings about. I understand the need for conflict, and Katie not wanting to adopt. I appreciate the author giving her a strong stance, rather then kids being the end all be all. It is unexpected, especially in a book written in the 80s.

Bravo Tami Hoag.
Lisa Brown
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
Insipid shallow childish characters. Nothing about this book keeps your attention. The characters are so lame I couldn’t bring myself to even finish this book! This is sad because this author has written some very good books!
Malia
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general
Romance...I don't like reading romances much. This was okay.
Donna
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a earlier book from Tami Hoag in different genre, but I really enjoyed the story and the characters.
Nancy Rundle
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! We all have insecurities and hurdles to over come. Give & take is so important. Sometimes you just have to be persistent and have faith 😁
Claudia Aroni
Mar 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I am giving 80’s romance a chance but seriously this book was painful. The protagonist got on my last serve from the first paragraph. Luckily, it was a super quick read.
Jean Browne
May 05, 2017 rated it it was ok
Quick read for a rainy afternoon.
Carolyn Vandine west
A but too steamy and graphic for my taste. The book was well written I just don't care for the details
Joni Harris
Jan 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
This book had absolutely no substance to it. I started to abandon the book but it was so short I decided to finish. It was very disappointing. The characters were lacking in depth and the plot was ridiculous.
Amy
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think, for the most part this was a pretty good story.
We meet Katie Quaid who a few years earlier had a life threatining accident while competing on horseback. She has overcome her injuries to settle into a successful career doing Interior Decotaion with her friend Maggie, in her small hometown Briarwood. She is dared to meet the town's newest resident, that no one is quite sure about the background of, and evey one loves to speculate.

This is where we meet a totally hot, hunky guy, Nick Leone
Anita
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
For the most part this is a charming, sweet story of a young woman who had all her dreams disappear in a heartbeat and still fought to put her life back together. The story takes a turn to martyrdom toward the end, but was, overall a good story.

Katie Quaid has overcome some major challenges in her young life, but the biggest challenge of all may be Nick Leone, the new guy in town who is working to open an Italian restaurant. Katie spies Nick across the street from her business and is instantly
Maura
SweetSue
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one. Her accident and the reasons why she acts as she does were very believable. His past was a bit much, but certainly set up the contrast between the two and their physical abilities. I loved how sweet he was with her, that he could be gentle and restrained and was happy being that way.

(view spoiler)
Joy
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Nick Leone was a walking hunk poster, a Yankee heartthrob with a mysterious past and a rogue's smile that dared Katie Quaid to unmask him! The exquisite Southern lady of course, has a secret. Nick has vowed to melt the walls that caged the heart of the woman others called an ice princess. For five years Katie had buried herself in her work, restoring lovely historic homes, and recovering from an accident that had destroyed a lifelong dream.(She had a horse accident five years ago causing physica ...more
Marianne
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rumor Has It is the first book of the Quaid Horses trilogy by popular American author, Tami Hoag. When gorgeous Yankee Nick Leone turns up in the Virginia town of Briarwood to open a restaurant, his past is a mystery and historic home restorer, Katie Quaid is sent to find out what she can. There is an immediate attraction between them, but both have secrets they are afraid will turn the other away. When the secrets revealed turn out to be no obstacle, Katie still manages to find a way to sabotag ...more
Carolynne
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I borrowed this book because I had loved Kill The Messenger by Tami Hoag. Rumor Has It was a huge disappointment.

I am so sick of books in which the female protagonist moans and wails about how defective she is and how, therefore, since no man could ever love her, she will become a martyr who takes herself far too seriously, and judges others as harshly as she does herself.

Nick expresses interest in Katie the moment he meets her, but Katie can only moan and plot how to keep him at bay, because
Rochelle
The narrator had a terrible male voice! Some narrators excel at reading for the opposite sex; this narrator does not!

Katie bugged me with her "all-or-nothing" attitude. She can't have children, she "thought about it" in the past, and no way will she adopt. Maybe the author didn't explain her reasons well, or maybe Katie didn't have good reasons, but it seemed like something that she could overcome if she truly wanted to be with Nick.

The side story with Maggie and Ryland would have been interesti
« previous 1 3 next »

• Claiming Her Billion-Dollar Birthright (Dynasties: The Jarrods #1)
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • The Millionaire Meets His Match (Duke Brothers #1)
  • Everlasting (Sedikhan, #9)
  • Mr. November (PI & Men To The Rescue, #5)
  • Taming the Texas Tycoon (Texas Cattleman’s Club: Maverick County Millionaires #1)
  • Desire and Destiny
  • Lightning that Lingers
  • World Without End
  • A Weaver Wedding
  • Naturally Naughty
  • The Eagle and the Dove
  • The Best Is Yet to Come / Maternity Bride
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • A Texas State of Mind (Port Serenity #1)
  • Return to Rose Cottage: The Laws of Attraction / For the Love of Pete (Rose Cottage Sisters #3-4)
  • Die, Snow White! Die, Damn You!: A Very Grimm Tale
Tami Hoag is the #1 internationally bestselling author of more than thirty books published in more than thirty languages worldwide, including her latest thrillers—BITTER SEASON, COLD COLD HEART and THE 9TH GIRL. Renowned for combining thrilling plots with character-driven suspense, Hoag first hit the New York Times Bestseller list with NIGHT SINS, and each of her books since has been a bestseller. ...more

Quaid Horses (3 books)