Jump to ratings and reviews
Contemporary/MF/Thriller-Horror/Serial Killer/Captive/Dark

Kirby wished for a new life, but the Devil sent her Cain.

I knew what my calling in life was at a young age. I was the embodiment of death. The scent of blood and watching the life fade from something’s eyes was more delicious than any dessert. With my twin Abel by my side, we reveled in the pain of others and the knowledge that we were above it all. Not even the FBI could hunt us down.

The one thing I hadn’t accounted for was Kirby and the unusual spark of emotion she created. Being a psychopath, I knew my range of emotions had always been limited. Things like love, regret, and empathy eluded me. Yet I couldn’t stop stalking the woman that had piqued my interest.

But all decisions had consequences, and hunting Kirby wouldn’t just test my own rules. It would pull on the one bond I had, and Kirby was the hammer that might cause mine to splinter.

To the outside world, I had a life that most would say was privileged, but to me, it felt like the walls were caving in and trying to crush me with their rules of conformity. Little did I know that my life was about to change forever. One drive was all it took. One decision to turn down a wrong road, led to one heated glance that would catch the interest of the most notorious serial killer the FBI had ever chased.

Once I was in his grasp, my world turned on its axis, leaving me breathless and desiring things I could never have imagined. My mind became a war ground between my conscious and my growing passion for a man my heart should never want.

Would I be able to love him regardless of what he was, or would I end up on the wrong end of his blade?

452 pages, Kindle Edition

Published October 30, 2022

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Brooklyn Cross

12 books978 followers
Brooklyn Cross has always had a deep passion for writing that stemmed from a wild imagination. When she is not busy typing away about the next character you will fall in love with, you can find her walking with her dogs on the farm and sipping a hot cup of coffee.

In addition to getting her degree in business she was highly competitive in the equestrian sport of dressage, with aspirations of an Olympic dream. She is an entrepreneur at heart and has coached and trained many of a riding enthusiast or their wonderful mounts, but always found herself drawn to writing full-time.

“I just want to be me and to be authentic with my characters. To tell a story that others can immerse themselves in and enjoy is what I have always wanted.”

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
25 (3%)
1 star
12 (1%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.