Start by marking “Dragon Moon” as Want to Read:
Dragon Moon

Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  3,153 Ratings  ·  132 Reviews
Ancient China. Han Dynasty. Ping and Kai have travelled far, but their journey is not yet over. Danger stalks them. Ping must find Kai a safe home. But how? When a hidden message from Danzi makes the way clear, Ping knows that once again the journey of a thousand li begins with a single step. Return to the world of the Dragonkeeper for the stunning conclusion to this encha ...more
Audio CD
Published 2007 by Louis Braille Audio

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Moon

Ash
Sep 30, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say I "really-liked" this one, how I wanted to, so badly yet it did not seem to live up to the same level as the previous books. I absoloutelty loved the previous books and I felt that the series was going somewhere exicting and I was hoping that the ending was going to be a little more - well (dare I say it?) dramatic than this. It's hard to explain but I felt the ending just didn't do the rest of the series justice as they were spectacular and I was recomending them to all my friends a ...more
Sara
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5
He finalizado una trilogía tierna, llena de aventuras y con un final demasiado agridulce. Estos libros se han ganado un huequito muy especial en mi corazón, y ya son de mis libros favoritos.
Soon after escaping neck deep in a situation, this one last sequel brings chills up and down the spine. Not only learning that the person who helped them escape from a life or death situation, their savior soon becomes the traitor and hands their butts to the one who was after them from the very beginning. With twists and turns of the story, it is only sad to know that not everything good in life lasts forever.

I thought this book was quite interesting. It captured the essence of adventure as wel
Shakthi Singh
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Response to Dragon moon, by Carole Wilkinson.
This is by far the most sad and deeply and in sighting book I have read in a long time.
The unusual aspect of this book was that the author made the story personal and very captivating to read.

What this book made me realise is that we are very fortunate and that knowingly and unknowingly we may be taking advantage of the things we say to be aspects of everyday life.In this the main protagonist has lost all of her enjoyments of life.
this made me feel
Elise P
Nov 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Elise by: Nobody
Carrie
Carole Wilkinson's writing style feels somewhat stilted. Her sentences usually run pretty short and aren't very complex syntactically. This may be because she's writing for a younger target audience, but it couldn't be too young because she certainly isn't afraid to write about gore.
While the sentences don't flow together very well, she knows how to convey ideas and emotions well. The nature of the writing made it hard for me to get into the story at first, but soon enough I was really into it.
Lisa Dyer
Sep 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a fan of all things Chinese, but not necessarily mythological, this trilogy blew hot and cold for me.

The first book drew me into the adventures of Ping and her dragons Danzi and Kai, the second book did not seem to take the story much further however this, the final book, was thoroughly enjoyable.

I appreciated Carole Wilkinson's research and her dedication to setting the Han dynasty scene realistically. I was particularly interested in the interpretations of the clues to the dragon haven.

At t
Book Elf
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Although the story spent mostly on travelling in finding the unknown Dragon Haven, I was inspired and elated at the protagonist's tenacity as a Dragon Keeper. She was young and inexperienced, the odds were always on their way but she never gave up. She persevere in fulfilling her duty to her ward and sticking to her destiny though there were offers of comfort and security in the palace should she chose to stay.

I also liked the conference of Dragons when they reached the haven. Dragons. Wow. Pin
Jazii
Apr 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone ;D
Recommended to Jazii by: ljh
I just loved this book and i want everyone to read it :)
It is a third book in a trilogy so i reccomend u 2 read the first 2 books first.
It is about a girl called Ping, and she lives in ancient china, han dynasty. Ping and the baby dragon are desperately trying to find the dragon Haven so that Pings dragon wont feel lonely anymore. Sounds pretty boring but youve got to read all 3 books ;D they are my favourites ..
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth-ya
The third book in the Dragonkeeper series.
I continue to be impressed by the ability of the author to maintain the integrity of a Chinese Fable type story through each book of her series. In this story, Ping has to prove to wild dragons that she is the true dragon keeper. This takes her on a long and difficult journey to her destiny, but what her true destiny is will not be clear until the very end.
Jo
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carole-wilkinson
It's kind of sad saying goodbye to this wonderful character. I've learned a lot from Ping. But like her, one door closes and another one opens...life goes on.
I suggest you find the "Lost Letter of Ping". It made me cry. It tied up loose ends before a new story begins. The story of Ping's descendant, the next dragon keeper..."Blood Brothers".
BookwormJayde
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
This is really, really, really good. It was great, and it tied up a lot of knots. However, I thought the ending was... *bleep* It was horrible! It felt rushed, like the author wanted to end it as soon as possible, and the editor decided to just be lazy and not get her to write a better one. Later, I found out in the Acknowledgements that "there were some tight deadlines," so maybe that's why.
Emma
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Keshavi, once she has read the first two books
Recommended to Emma by: Leah
The part where (view spoiler) made me cry! The author has a writing style that leaves me hanging onto every word of the book.
Trini
I know, I know. I labeled this book as action-adventure... so how could it also be on my the-insomniacs-list shelf?

Well, that's simple. This book wavers between action and then just boring filler things. One time you get an awesome action scene, and then after that you get heavy descriptions of Ping... walking. Travelling. Oh, yay. Am I supposed to throw a party over that? The action scenes aren't that great, too, to be perfectly honest with you. I thought I would never say that, but here I am,
Evan G
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dragon Keeper Dragon Moon is about a girl named Ping and a Dragon named Kai who have to find a place for Kai to live so he's not hunted down by the emperor. In the beginning, the emperor gets mad at a city that has dragons that bring them good luck and fortune. He is upset because he wants that and so he demands that the dragon be brought to the palace. He has his army attack the city because they wouldn't send the dragon.

Kai and Ping are the main characters in this book. Kai is an imperial dra
Evelyn Fletcher
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always adored books and book series involving dragons. This particular adaptation of the idea is not one I see often, because authors tend to write dragon stories taking place in Europe, despite the fact that there are so many different versions of this fictional creature. The characters are very complex, and never fail to surprise you at every turn. Overall, the series in general is wonderful, and I would definitely recommend it to any one who enjoys dragon stories as much as I do.
Nancy Hanson
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult-teen
I really liked this series. This book is the third and last. I had to read fast because it is due back at the library. And I'm supposed to be reading Breathing Room with Lexi for our book club this weekend.

It deals with Ping taking Kai full circle to his freedom with other dragons in secret places where they live. Like a dragon coming of age novel.

First she has to find the dragon home with very vague clues, avoiding danger along the way. Then Kai and Ping have to overcome the animosity the drago
Amy Gordon
Not as good as the previous two but I still enjoyed it.
Jakob
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to sad
cindy
"Sekarang kau menyesal, setelah terbaring di sini, dalam kegelapan, jauh dari para pelayanmu, dekat dengan maut yang masih siap menjemputmu. Kau tidak akan semenyesal ini setelah nanti kembali ke istanamu!"

Gooooo.... Ping!!!
Puas sekali mendengar (eh membaca maksudnya) Ping mengomeli Kaisar seperti itu. Dan aku merasa kata-kata itu pas sekali. Memang penyesalan selalu datang terlambat. *eh jadi alay jablay gini ripiunya* ;p Kebawa mood-nya Sang Kaisar siihh...
"Aku juga bukannya menawarkan pekerj
Kalika Fortin
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 7 year old loved this book.
Elketw
Apr 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Category: Books
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Author: Carole Wilkinson

Dragon Moon merupakan buku terakhir dari trilogi Dragon Keeper. Dua buku sebelumnya adalah Dragon Keeper dan Garden Of the Purple Dragon.

Buku yang telah memenangkan beberapa penghargaan ini menceritakan mengenai seorang gadis yang ditakdirkan menjadi pengurus naga. Latar belakang cerita ini diceritakan saat masa pemerintahan dinasti Han.

Bila di buku 1 menceritakan tentang persahabatan Ping dan Danzi sang Naga, dibuku
Tanner
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a girl named Ping and a dragon named Kai. They are the two main characters in this book. The city they were living in was having a battle. After the city burnt down they went on an adventure to a place called the Dragon Haven. Kai is from Dragon Haven and wanted to return to see the other dragons. They run into a few problems on their way to Dragon Haven. Since Kai is a dragon he attracts a lot of attention. This makes it difficult to travel because he is always getting stopp ...more
Kira
it was amazing it can really make you read more.
shanah
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
After stay for at moment on castle Beibei, Ping and Kai decide to continue or their journey. Which follow the clues-map from Danzi (Dragon, is father's Kai).

This time, they face long and dangerous journey. Step by step, Ping was can translated of what Danzi said on those map..and follow it to the final place, Heaven of Dragon. With help ex-Dragon Keeper that was kept Danzi for long time ago, Ping and Kai found that place, was high, is a mountain.
But when they, reached it they just found bones of
Ell Eastwood
Books continues to be cute. It was nice to see people actually like the dragon and treat him well in this book, even though they sometimes didn't really know how to do it. We saw a bit more magic, which is almost never foreshadowed well, but on the other hand it is a book for children and it wasn't terribly done either so I'm not complaining.

I kinda liked the ending, thought it was more bitter than sweet. I mean, I want dragons in the world, even if it's just a fictional world, I really do. And
Liana
Aww... the ending to this book was so sad. Well, bittersweet more like, but somehow I expected it to be that way. It makes me wonder how this series will continue on (view spoiler)

My favorite part was def the whole dragon fighting scene just before the boo-hooy ending. Kai can really kick butt despite his small size! I never expected him to be like that, so it was a new treat to see. :)

Even though Dragon Moon
Sol González
Después de varios sucesos, Ping ha comprendido que no hay un lugar seguro para Kai en el mundo del hombre, por lo que deberá llevarlo con los suyos, empleando el mapa encontrado, así como las predicciones del dragón como única guía.

Para ello deberá abandonar por enésima vez el refugio encontrado, despidiéndose de Yangxin y el duque de Yan, quienes son renuentes a que se marche, debido a la abundancia que el dragón ha traído a su reino, sin embargo la desgracia vuelve a alcanzarlos en cuanto el e
Caleb Blake
This was an impressive little trilogy. The reading was simple and clear as you would expect from a young adult story, but the story remained interesting.

In some ways this was a coming of age story for the main character as much as it was an adventurous story about dragons in China. As Ping travels through the empire we see her develop in the role of dragon keeper as she learns about survival, deception, attraction and attachment, loss and finally wisdom.

Meanwhile the plight of the empire's drago
Wendy
Jul 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
So much more than just another children's fantasy series... I thought that this was a great ending to a wonderful trilogy. Although designed and marketed as a children's book, only the most avid child readers will finish the books because of their long portions of description. That is unfortunate as I think that the trilogy has a lot to teach the reader about finding a purpose, being yourself, perseverance, the difficulty in discerning true friends from others, and how to avoid letting life's ma ...more
The Dragon's Lair: Dragon Moon 2 3 Apr 21, 2013 07:34AM
  • The Dragon of Never-Was (Hatching Magic, #2)
  • Eagle (Five Ancestors, #5)
  • Master of the Books
  • The Battle for Rondo (Rondo, #3)
  • The Coming of Dragons (The Darkest Age, #1)
  • Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • The Fall of the Templar (Grey Griffins, #3)
  • Under Town (Edgar & Ellen, #3)
  • The Dark Planet (Atherton, #3)
  • The Seventh Tower (The Seventh Tower omnibus, #4-6)
  • The Shadow Dragons (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #4)
  • A Rose for the ANZAC Boys
  • The Dragon in the Library (Dragon Keepers, #3)
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Hannah's Winter
  • The Wizard's Apprentice (The Keepers, #2)
  • Monsterology (Ologies, #6)
Carole was born in England in 1950. Her family moved to Australia when she was 12. She now lives in Melbourne, with her husband John.
Carole didn't start writing until she was nearly 40. Before that, she worked as a laboratory assistant, working with a lot of blood and brains. Once she’d decided to try and become a writer, she went to university. She wrote a lot while she was there including her f
More about Carole Wilkinson...

Dragon Keeper (6 books)
  • Dragon Keeper (Dragon Keeper, #1)
  • Garden of the Purple Dragon (Dragon Keeper, #2)
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)
  • Shadow Sister (Dragon Keeper, #5)
  • Bronze Bird Tower (Dragon Keeper, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“You don't always need to know your destination when you set out on a journey.” 19 likes