Start by marking “Black Hearts” as Want to Read:
Black Hearts

Black Hearts

I’ve been in love with Charlie Fortier since we were seven years old and she punched me in the face for pulling on her pigtails.
She was the girl next door.
I was the punk ass kid who got in trouble.
She told me she loved me when she was seventeen. I broke her heart instead.
Then I left. And my band became one of the biggest in the world.
She was always around. On the sidelines
Kindle Edition
Published September 8th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Black Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Hearts

Start your review of Black Hearts
Chelsea Cardenas
Sep 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I love Jax and Charlie, absolutely love them and their story! Man was this such a great book, and I love the drama, pain, and the darkness that is their story. And the spicy scene, oh so good. This was such a great book and I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
Julie Booklover
Sep 03, 2022 rated it really liked it
I typically do not read books on the darker side, but I enjoy reading this author. I decided to take a chance, I knew of the triggers going in, and I needed to get out of my comfort zone. Jackson and Charlie’s story will not be for all but take a chance, and you will not be disappointed.
Jackson and Charlie have been friends since childhood, keepers of each other’s secrets. Both have it rough, and Jackson one day up and leaves. As his band is at a crossroads with new music due, Jackson or Jax re
_chroniclesofabookworm_
Sep 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I'm a HUGE fan of rockstar romances and Tori wrote an AMAZING one! From the very first page, she drew me in and I couldn't seem to put it down. This is the second book I've read by this author and I can't wait to read more.

Charlie and Jackson had some off-the-charts chemistry and when they finally collided, it was explosive! Even the side characters were equally great in my opinion, especially Janae.

There's detailed spicy scenes where she captured and wrote in delicious detail. It had so many gr
Tripip
Sep 05, 2022 rated it did not like it
This was a difficult book for me to get into. The self destructive behaviours of both Charlie and Jackson (drugs, alcohol, abusive relationships) made me feel sad and angry on their behalf but not empathetic. The trigger warnings are listed at the beginning of the book. The drug use and alcohol abuse did seem to peter off further into the book.

The sexy scenes were spicy but I ended up skimming because I wasn’t fully invested in their relationship. I did like how Jackson was able to overcome his
Shirley Cuypers
Sep 10, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2022, arc-beta
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Tori Fox!

Black Hearts is the first book in the Saints & Sinners series and tells the story of Jackson and Charlie.

"But when you meet someone with a black heart, sometimes the only one who can make it beat is someone who shares those black scars with you."

I’m a big fan of a lot of different Romance tropes, but the Rock Star Romance trope is always good. And combine that trope with second chan
Renee
Sep 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing

I've been in love with Charlie Fortier since we were seven years old and she punched me in the face for pulling on her pigtails. She was the girl next door. I was the punk kid who got into trouble. She told me she loved me when she was seventeen. I broke her heart instead. Then I left. And my band became one of the biggest in the world. She was always around. On the sidelines. Being my friend. And I'v
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Sep 08, 2022 rated it really liked it
Charlie Fortier has owned every bit of his heart since the day they met, she was the feisty seven year old girl that punched him in the face for pulling her hair, and from that point on she was it for him. But he would never be able to have her, to claim her as his own. So he settled for friendship, figuring it was the only way to still be near her. Through the years they have remained close friends, but life has pulled them in different directions, and they've drifted in and out their friendshi ...more
Kokomo
Sep 11, 2022 rated it it was ok
Karen
Sep 12, 2022 rated it really liked it
Charlie Fortier’s best friend from childhood is a now a big rock star. They had a thing once, but he ruined it and now they are just friends. She’s had a rough life since she was ten years old but having Jackson Knightly in her life it wasn’t too bad. Of course, that is until the abuse started at home.

Jackson Knightly has loved Charlie Fortier since the first time he saw her. Their friendship was easy, and they were tight, but when she was moved away to affluent neighborhood, he thought he’d lo
Misty
Sep 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
Charlie and Jackson "Jax" have been friends since they were kids. They would spend time together when their home life was terrible. These two were always there for one another, and when they became teenagers fell in love. Jax was always willing to do what it took to protect Charlie, including making deals with her evil step father.

When Jax made the deal with her step-father part of the deal was that he stay away from her. Jax and his band Saints and Sinners, took off and the relationship betwee
Mary
Sep 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Tori Fox has always written edgy, dark, and unique stories. Black Hearts in no different. There is a lot of world building in the first in this series. I think Tori did a great job of managing all the pieces of this puzzle. She left me wanting more with the series.
I will say, please read the warnings and triggers. If those aren't your cup of tea, then I recommend one of her other stories! LOL. Seriously she's an author you want to read.
Charlie has had a rough go of it. She has endured a lot. W
Lynn
Sep 11, 2022 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2022, arcs
Black Hearts is the story of estranged best friends Charlie and Jax. Jax is the lead singer of Saints and Sinners and is struggling to write their new album. The guys return to their hometown, hoping to find the inspiration needed to finish their album.

Charlie is the owner of Talisman in New Orleans and has been hopelessly in love with her best friend. She has pushed down her feelings and tries to move on but is stuck in a vicious circle of abusive relationships. With the band's return, old fee
Libby
When you get a second chance at your first love, take it!

Jax Knight and his band has the world by the chain. Saints and Sinners is known for their hard rock and dark lyrics. Lately the lyrics have been lacking their usual sound. Their manager decides they need to return to their roots. Not a place he wants to go, where his first love and darkest secret both reside.

Charlotte is not a lady you want to mess with. She has her own demons to fight, but when her past blows into her bar in the form of h
Erica Rogers
Sep 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Jackson and Charlie are childhood friends but Jackson up and left with his band one day and things have been strained between them since. Now the band is returning home and Jax is returning to his muse. Charlie inspires the best in Jax. With her around he writes chart topping music.

Charlie has really gone through some stuff. She’s been in a “relationship” with a total douche who crosses lines and luckily now Jax is there to save her, though she’s tough and can handle her own.

This book has a da
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 16, 2022 rated it really liked it
Jackson & Charlie were friends since they were kids until they weren't as they loved each other. However, he breaks her heart & that's that for many years. Nowadays he's a rock star called Jax who has lost his mojo so he comes back to find it again in order to start writing more songs bringing him face to face with Charlie again. Charlie is now the owner of the Talisman, but never got over Jax. She's not been able to pick a decent man to save her life, and frankly, she lost me when she kept taki ...more
Lisa Petty (Book Bangers Blog)
Tori Foxx nailed this one out of the park. I could not put this one down and it just makes me want more from this new series. Jackson and Charlie have been best friends since childhood, when things happen to Charlie he makes the ultimate choice that changes things. Now his band is number one and he's struggling to get some tracks done. Going home is the last thing he and his bandmates want to do. However, they don't have a choice. Now he has to face not only Charlie, but the questions she has, a ...more
Rachel clendening
Sep 07, 2022 rated it liked it
Michelle Heron
Sep 09, 2022 rated it really liked it
Black Hearts is the story of two best friends who have spent the last few years avoiding one another, all because they don't know how to deal with their growing feelings for one another even though they both want to be a couple.

Unable to communicate their feelings for each other neither one of them knows how the other feels so they continue avoiding their feelings in order to keep the other in their lives.

Black Hearts is full of tension and angst. The beginning is a little slow but once you ge
Marni Ortiz
Sep 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
OMFG - there are seriously no perfect words to describe all the things I loved about this amazing book . Black Hearts is the emotional journey of Jax and Charley and when I say that it’s a emotional rollercoaster in every sense of the word well that’s an understatement. The Drama , the pain , the darkness , the heartbreak, the tragedy the secrets , the steamy moments And entwined with all of that is the most beautifully written love story . A love story of two people who have not had the easiest ...more
Kathy
Sep 14, 2022 rated it liked it
Good Start to a Rock Series

With enough about the other band members to keep you wondering about them, especially Roan and the band's manager Riot. Jax and Charlie are best friends since second grade and more until he broke het heart 10 years ago. I liked Charlie in the beginning of the book. She's a badass business woman and a good friend and boss. SPOILER
But I hated how many times she allowed herself to be physically abused by Eli not only that given her upbringing, but literally allows him to
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoonworthybooks/EnticingJourney
Stephannie's 5-Star Review:

This one is an edgy, dark, and great story. I loved it.  Charlie experienced trauma and she is working through it. Jax is the love of her life but he broke her heart and now he is back in town working on his new album.  Jax made mistakes in the past with Charlie but he does love her and she is it for him. He made a deal to protect her and that made him break both of their hearts. These two have a twisted past and now that he is in her orbit there is no turning back no
J.C. Hannigan
Sep 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
What a trip!

I absolutely adored Jackson and Charlie. I loved how protective he was of her, how he’d give up anything to save her from the evils in her life.

And let’s talk about how bad ass Charlie is, weaponizing her trauma and getting what she wanted out of life! Her past broke my heart, but I loved how despite that she was able to see her parents as the broken humans they clearly are who made mistakes. And you know, the Justice delivered to a certain POS Richard was worth it.

I actually real
Brandy Roberts
Sep 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
I thought Black Heart was a interesting story , when I read the blurb I couldn't wait to get my hands on it . The characters were really frustrating for me it just felt like way to much drama but overall this was a good book with a great story line that kept my action from start to finish . This would be the first time reading a book by Tori Fox I'm looking forward to reading more by the author in the future she had a interesting way of drawing me into the story even though it did frustrate me a ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Jax and Charlie have managed to take up space in my head and heart. They have a history but what caused them to drift will break you.

This book is not one you should start if you have plans because you'll forget them all and let these characters stand on their stage and sing their tragic song into your memory.

The storytelling was brilliant. Getting to know these characters was a rush yet had my heart hurting. I could see and feel the highs and lows.

I can't wait to get more stories from Saints a
Jenna  Price
Sep 08, 2022 rated it really liked it
Jackson and Charlie’s story will not be for all but take a chance, and you will not be disappointed. Black Hearts is a journey that is full of destruction, tragedy and unimaginable pain, but it is a romance and even though Jackson and Charlies story won't be for everyone the HEA is what fantasies are made about.

Dark TW, so read prior to starting story.
World Of Books 65
Sep 07, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: very-dark
Tori Fox does give a warning at the start of Black Hearts that this story is extremely dark and deals with some very sensitive themes, and she was right in doing so because Black Hearts is a journey that is full of destruction, tragedy and unimaginable pain, but it is a romance and even though Jackson and Charlies story won't be for everyone the HEA is what fantasies are made about. ...more
Trina Webster
Sep 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!

This is one of the best reads I have read! I absolutely love Jackson and Charlie and can't wait for the rest of the books in this series. The twists, turns, secrets, lies, and everything in between, it was hard to put it down when needed!!!! Keep the amazing books coming Tori!!!!
Lyssa Dawn
Sep 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an early copy of Black Hearts and I devoured it.

The two leading characters have been in love since they were little. As they grow up things happen to pull them apart. Deals, secrets, lies, and confusion throughout a span of time keep them apart.

The chemistry between Jax and Charlie is off the charts! The spice in this book is 🔥🔥🔥.

Black Hearts is on the darker side with lots of triggers. These characters go through a hell of a lot, so if that's not your jam I'd advise
Melissa Burke
Sep 16, 2022
Jessica  Hanson
Sep 17, 2022

• White Collar Brothers: The Complete Series
  • Ending the Game (The Risks We Take Duet #2)
  • Changing the Game (The Risks We Take Duet #1)
  • Fling
  • Never Look Back (Redemption Hills, #3)
  • Make You Mine (Honey Mountain, #3)
  • The Penalty Shot (Totally Pucked #5)
  • Founded on Rejection (Mixtape, #4)
  • The Love of My Next Life (Next Life Duet, #1)
  • Dissent: A Charity Romance Anthology
  • Hating the Player (Campus Wallflowers #2)
  • Stealing Bama (Florida East University, #2)
  • Naughty & Nice
  • Reckless Hands (Joey and Adora Duet, #1; Chained Hearts Duets, #5)
  • Promises We Meant to Keep
  • Reckless Conduct
  • Embracing You (Rossi Family Book #3)
  • Moody
Tori Fox is the author of romantic suspense and contemporary romance with a little bit of angst and a whole lot of sexy. When she isn’t writing, you can find her listening to true crime podcasts as she tends to her plants or singing along to pop songs as she drinks champagne. Tori lives above the clouds with her husband and dog in the Rocky Mountains.

You can find Tori on Facebook, Instagram, TikTo