Start by marking “Initiation Into Hermetics” as Want to Read:
Initiation Into Hermetics

Initiation Into Hermetics

Part I - Theory: / establishes the foundation of physical existence as explained through the elements / the secret of the Tetragrammaton / the YOD-HE-VAU-HE / Karma, the Law of Cause and Effect / the significance of the physical, astral and spiritual planes / opening the door to initiation without the aid of a teacher.Part II - Practice: (divided into 10 progressive steps) ...more
Published June 1st 2001 by Merkur Publishing, Inc (first published 1962)

Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott CunninghamInitiation Into Hermetics by Franz BardonDemons of the Flesh by Nikolas SchreckThe Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews by Scott CunninghamThrough the Mists of Faerie by The Silver Elves
Essential Magikal Books
132 books — 102 voters
The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. HallSorcerers' Dialogues by The Silver ElvesThrough the Mists of Faerie by The Silver ElvesThe Mystical Qabalah by Dion FortuneInitiation Into Hermetics by Franz Bardon
Occult
95 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Initiation Into Hermetics
Mihai Felseghi
Mar 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is the best thing that ever happened to me. To understand the real value of this book you have to first grasp the real meaning of the word MAGIC, if you expect to see an old white-bearded dude blowing fireballs than you totally miss the whole point. Magic is about self-transformation, expanding one's consciousness until reaching UNITY or whatever you may call it. If you are expecting fast and easy results than magic is not for you, in spiritual development there are no such things as ...more
Lindu Pindu
It's what it says; an initiation. So, a good introduction for those of us not knowing where to start with research into hermeticism and inner alchemy. There's lots of practical advice in the book- what exercises to perform so as to understand and control your own mind, which is what all this is about. Some are very useful for everyday life, some go beyond what I need. The first steps in the book tie in great with what I'm reading about archetypes and shadow work.
Cloud
Jul 30, 2014 rated it liked it
"According to the universal laws, the magician will form his own point of view about the universe which henceforth will be his true religion."
Timothy
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This is a beautiful book that deals with man & the forces within man that we must come to control. This book is not for everyone but it is a book that outlines the Initiate on how to come to control these forces within self.
Byrd
Jan 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The navy seal guide to hermetics
Laura Marx
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
God, this book is hilarious... whats that part, about the "magic eye bath"... he plays it so straight. here it is: "There is a further opportunity given to the magician that ought not to be overlooked. I mean the magnetic eyebath"

Do not overlook the magnetic eyebath!

He is so serious about everything. You need to open your pores by rubbing yourself with a loofa or something, 100 times on each limb. Because uh... magic gets in. Or something. You can get away with actually doing almost none of
Steven
May 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
I know that this book is highly commended by lots of people but personally I found it dry, uninspiring and not very believable. Comments like 'Becoming invisible is easy for a magician' and 'by filling a room full of Akasha you can fill the room with sick people who will instantly be healed' a little fancyful. Also I dislike the way he constantly promotes his other books and states that there's never been anything as important as his book ever published. I'd say he's got a bit of an Ego problem. ...more
Bill
Mar 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: skimmed, paganism
Many of the exercises given in this book are useful. However, the attitude towards becoming a "magician" offered in this book is blown way out of proportion. I find it hard to believe that Franz Bardon ever did the work that he describes; if he did, where did find the time to write the book?
Christina
Oct 31, 2008 is currently reading it
so far it is like stumbling upon an old dusty treasure buried deep beneath the rubble of a burnt down temple....feeling responsible to spread it but wanting to hoard it all at the same time ( "the precious"?)fascinating stuff
Maritza
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good info but the book is published in PDF for online still glad I purchased it for my Kindle.
Vonley7
Feb 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very, very deep. I loved it.
Quintal
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The original title in German is "the way to the true adept" (der Weg zum wahren Adepten).
The last degree in this book is "union with God".
Nabil
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: occult, translation
As usual, becoming a sorcerer is way too much work. How can I practice all of these exercises AND scrub myself with a boar hair brush every day, and hold a job and a social life?
Hermetic Kitten
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very practical textbook containing exercises, meditations and daily practices to set your first step into Hermetics. I find Bardon quite down to earth, frank and very easy to understand.
Some of the exercises will take months to master and that is fine. Take your time to complete each level.
Sergio ruocchio
La magia è una scienza sacra; nel suo senso più vero è la somma di ogni sapere in quanto insegna a conoscere e usare le leggi sovrane. Quest'opera costituisce la via d'accesso alla vera iniziazione magica, la prima chiave delle leggi universali; partendo dalla prima carta dei Tarocchi, guida con sicurezza il lettore, o il discepolo, attraverso tutti gli stadi della magia.
Köksal Kök
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hermesçi Bilimlere Giriş

Orjinal isim: Initiation Into Hermetics
Franz Bardon, 1956.

Mitra Yayınları/ Ezoterik Klasikler Dizisi, 2008. 292 s.

Bülent kısa kitapları da tamamlayıcı-pratik bilgi olabilir..
Penny
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Is this book dry in places? Yes. However, as far as hermetic studies go, this book is the easiest to read, and understand. I'd highly recommend it to anyone curious, or just starting out on their hermetic path. I found that it simplifies a higher understanding of not only ones self, but of life.
Jordan Fitzgerald
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
There are a lot of great exercises in this book. I do believe that Mr. Badon is a bit of a braggart and not realistic in the timeframe that he thinks people can acquire these abilities. It would take a lifetime alone to acquire just one of the abilities listed in here.
Michael Roque
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There's lots of info here. I figure it would take 20 to 30 years to absorb all the information in this book.
Pradip Pillai
Aug 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A surpirse for practical magic
Lachesis
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Most probably the best magickal initiation training.
Isaac
Oct 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those who enjoy the power of imagination...

This is one of the best books I have ever read.
Barry
Dec 29, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to re read this one....too much for me the first time I tried it
Linda  Maddocks
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s very difficult reading, pedantic in style, of a program of meditative exercises I can’t imagine anyone ever finishing, not even the rich & idle. Even just a daily, seated meditation practice is one of the hardest things in the world to keep up. This is that x a million.

I started out trying to pause where I am in the exercises. After all this time, and a schedule far more open than most, I’m only 1/2 way through the 2nd exercise of Step 1. There are ten!!!! Eventually I decided to just
Justin
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Most of the book is filled with hands on practices.
I think my mindset is in the wrong place as I am too dismissive of some of his ways of thought.
For example, I find the air, fire, water,etc. elementals to be an alien concept and this and other differences in thought patterns make it hard to imagine myself going through with the exercises at this point in time. That being said, if this ever goes down in price (its ~$30 for non-digital) I might want to give it another shot.
Simon Steindl
It's nearly impossible to initially grasp the value of this book without any previous experience in magic, practice of the universal science.
The right moment will unveil the essence of this gem like a gradient unfolding eternity to a reader in relationship with the universe, in love with God, ready to unfold his being, his true will, his abilities.
I wish any future apprentice of this divine art good luck on their path!
Buried in Flowers
Da come me ne avevano parlato mi aspettavo i fuochi d'artificio. E invece sono rimasta parecchio delusa. L'opera inizia bene, con un'introduzione teorica oculata e sapiente. Poi nella parte pratica diventa un caos in tutti i sensi, tra salti logici, banalizzazioni, esagerazioni, miscugli, richiami, e chi più ne ha più ne metta. Sconsigliato.
Ionica Robert
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book that will change anyone's life and make him/her choose wisely the path of magic! A book that contains both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to transcend from the material world into the spiritual one.
MarcellusFairleyIII
The Bible II

As an ordained baptist decan this work is a godsend.
Your chapters on healing and the other positive things
in this book; would make any true hearted well intentioned
Person blush. My heart grew three sizes exponentially
Beka Sukhitashvili
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: phi-re-psy, czech
საფეხურების ნელ-ნელა შესწავლა ქართულად შეგიძლიათ magma.ge-ზე, ოკულტიზმის სექციაში.

• Kybalion: A Study of the Hermetic Philosophy of Ancient Egypt and Greece
  • The Secret Teachings of All Ages
  • Enochian Vision Magick: An Introduction and Practical Guide to the Magick of Mr. John Dee and Edward Kelley
  • Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot: An Authoritative Examination of the World's Most Fascinating and Magical Tarot Cards
  • My Life With the Spirits: The Adventures of a Modern Magician
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life
  • Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming
  • Liber Kaos
  • Models: Attract Women Through Honesty
Franz Bardon (1909–1958) was a Czech stage magician and teacher of Hermetics. He is best known for his three volumes on Hermetic magic: Initiation Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation, and The Key to the True Quabbalah.

An additional fourth work attributed to him by the title of Frabato the Magician, supposed by many of his students to be a disguised autobiography. Though the book
“It is of course quite a different matter when a seeker, no longer satisfied with materialism or dogma and yearning for spiritual nourishment, asks an initiate for advice and enlightenment. In such an instance the initiate is duty bound to enlighten the seeker in accordance with his perceptive faculties. The magician should spare neither time nor effort to communicate his spiritual treasures to the seeker and lead him towards the light.” 3 likes
“Therefore remember: Always fall asleep with peaceful and harmonious thoughts or with thoughts of success, health and inner peacefulness.” 3 likes