Start by marking “Alle sieben Wellen (Gut gegen Nordwind, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alle sieben Wellen (Gut gegen Nordwind, #2)

Alle sieben Wellen

(Gut gegen Nordwind #2)

1.) Sie kennen Emmi Rothner und Leo Leike? Dann haben Sie also Gut gegen Nordwind gelesen, jene ungewöhnliche Liebesgeschichte, in der sich zwei Menschen, die einander nie gesehen haben, per E-Mail rettungslos verlieben.

2.) Für Sie ist die Geschichte von Emmi und Leo abgeschlossen. Mag sein. Aber nicht für Emmi und Leo!

3.) Sie sind der Ansicht, dass die Liebenden zumindest
Hardcover, First Edition, 222 pages
Published February 4th 2009 by Deuticke

Emer (A Little Haze)
Every Seventh Wave is a sequel to the book Love Virtually.

I loved Love Virtually! It was fun, quirky, bittersweet...all those wonderful ingredients that make a rom-com pop!!! It had a great ending. Sort of open-ended that left a lot up to the reader's imagination and really left me wanting more. However beware what you wish for as sometimes more is not what a book needs!

This sequel was so disappointing! It felt so uninspired. Plot lines and devices used in the first book that once felt so fres
Lili
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
aaaaaaawwww!!!
I had no idea if the author would be able to create a book as good as the first one... and right now I'm not sure if we can actually compare them since they're both so very different.
Contra el viento del norte truly is an amazing book, it's cleverly written and the ending is.. just... genius!, it makes the book twice as good.
And now this second book was just as funny, witty, frustrating, sad and so much more.. in the end, I think you actually can't compare them, for me it's more li
Lily Smalls
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary

I don't like sequels. Usually. What about Alle sieben Wellen, the sequel to Gut gegen Nordwind? Is it the exception to the rule? I'm finding it hard to make my mind up. I'd love to say yes, yes, yes but there is a slight tendency towards a clear no.

As the end of Gut gegen Nordwind was tough but in my opinion absolutely perfect, I started reading the follow-up with mixed feelings. Before I continue I better let you know what happens in both novels. By chance Leo and Emmi started an e-mail corresp
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Love it. Even more than the previous one. Because... because it's that much more open, more appealing, more... more everything. And, although it's a sequel, this seems like a completely different story. New. Yes, there's Emmi. And Leo. Yes, they are (kind of) moving on. Yes, here's another roller coaster trip full of emotions, dreams, everything and anything you've been hoping for... and even more than that.
And, yes, I disliked the ending of Gut gegen Nordwind, but it was for the best. And maybe
Narges
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
of course it was going to end like this
Harley Quinn
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute, cute, cute!
A year ago I read a book that was very sad and amazing. I could relate to that book a lot. Why? Because I had virtual friend and we really got close and understood each other on a deeper level. However, it wasn't really romantic, it was just different, without strings and objectively easy because that friend could give you another perspective of things from your life because he doesn't know you in person, hence he isn't subjective.
The book was called 'Against northern wind' or
 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
I just couldn't stop reading, one of my favorite books
Exina
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great sequel to Gut gegen Nordwind.

In Love Virtually I didn’t manage to like neither Emmi, nor Leo. But now they got to closer to me. They finally meet and this experience gives sparks to their emails.

The title is perfect and completely symbolizes the essence of the story.
Sophie
Nov 04, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fiction
I really enjoyed the first book, but I have to say that this was so bad, or rather, the characters were so stupid in this book that it actually made me dislike the first volume, too. Back when reading Gut gegen Nordwind I mildly disliked her but liked him. Now I loathe and despise both equally. It's not that Glattauer can't write, but I have to be able to at least respect the characters.
Lulufrances
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 4,5
This book made me so emotional.
I love how real and true the emotions seem that Daniel Glattauer transports.
This is such an easy, breezy read yet in no way shallow, what a writerly feat!
Ugh. So good.
Relatable vibes all over, I loved it.
Gonna miss Emmi and Leo.

Thanks L for lending it to me, you da realest!
(Get yourself friends that read good books and own them and lend them to you - the best.)
Rishi Prakash
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Writing the sequel of a real good book is not an easy job at all but Daniel did it with aplomb. It has all the wit, homour and the essence of the first part which really makes it work.

Every Seventh Wave begins exactly where Love Virtually ended..well, three weeks later! And finally the much awaited meeting does happen this time :) And that is how this book shapes up and moves.

If you enjoyed Love Virtually, it almost follows that you will enjoy this sequel. In some ways, Every Seventh Wave mana
Amina
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Maybe it's because I love reading other people's conversations.. :D

But anyways, it's a nice book, and easy to read, so I would recommend it :)
Buuut, can anyone tell me what was the "souvenir" Emmi gave Leo?
My book misses a few pages, so I feel left out ..
Bruna Vraničić Vujević
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, favourites
I think this book is pretty awsom! Daniel Glattauer is definitly Master of the words!
Justine
Dec 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
3-3.5?

I liked book 1, it was surprising, I never read a book like that before. And the ending!!

This one was … I don't know. I think I expected something and it didn't come. It was less interesting, less reflexive, less … good. The thing I really liked: the part when Emmi (view spoiler) But overall, it fel
Sandra Massry
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this better than the first one!
I definitely think it's worth reading... their relationship becomes more mature and real. It's a very easy cheesy read! Great for a beach day or summer read.
On this one though, affairs are painted as a minor casualty or as a symptom of a marriage gone bad. If you are very sensitive to these kind comments then don't read it
Gayatri, eine Leseratte
Toll! :)
Ananya
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Finally! A year worth of wait can make you ravenous! This book did exactly that to me. Add to that, too much anticipation can leave you disappointed. A happy ending is what I wanted but not this way! Leo and Emmi share the same chemistry but their intense romance is unstable, fickle, inconsistent and lackadaisical (unfortunately, that's what I felt) for the reason that they're so confused in this book unlike in Love Virtually ! But I enjoyed reading their characters through their mails and as it

Cassie
Sep 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All's well that ends well. I'm happy with how Leo and Emmi's story ended.
Camilla
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I waited so freaking long for this book, and as you can see from my review of the first book, I wasn’t a happy camper (re: I hate cliffhangers) but it finally got translated to Danish, and now it’s been read..

I didn’t like this as much as the first one, for some strange reason. It’s still Emmi and Leo. It’s still an email correspondence gone wrong? Or gone right? They are still funny and (so) strange and worse than 2 teenagers when it comes to “does she/he like me”..

I could relate though. Holy
Teodora Todorova
This is a very easy read, because it's in the form of exchanged e-mails. The only problem for me was that you have to assume what happens only based on the e-mails, and I found this a bit annoying at times. [SPOILER] However, it was obvious that the book would have a happy ending. What I liked in particular was that both characters were believable and they both fought for what they wanted (or what they thought they wanted) in their own different ways. I liked that love was presented as a mixture ...more
Ivana
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
First of all, let me just tell you I do think it's a good book, four stars from me for sure. You can see the same author wrote both books, you can see his style and his wit. But the misfortune with sequels is they are rarely outshine the first book. And the same happened here ... It's a good read, and it nice to FINALLY have closure, a good closure ... But at times I was a bit tired out by the book, like that magic that we saw in the first book was lacking. There comes a point where there is eno ...more
Kristina
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read the first part of this book 2 and a half years ago and since then I was waiting for croatian translation of second book to come out so I can see how the story ends. The ending in first book was so wrong, I always thought Emmi and Leo deserve a different one. And Daniel Glattauer gave it to all of us with this book, which I like the same as the first part. This book is also amazing love story, this time with an ending I l(e)ike and has my greatest recommendations :)
YS
Mar 09, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Review by Sophie Hannah in Metro Herald on 28/02/2013 that made me want to read this book:
"A brilliantly complex and sophisticated love story in which the protagonists are two people who have never met but communicate only by email. The emotional nuances and deep intelligence in this path-of-true-love-ne'er-smooth story make it stand out from the crowded 'relationship fiction' genre. It's a thought provoking and engrossing novel."
Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw)
am I glad that I didn't have to wait for long to read this book. The English version is out in June 2011 but I'm reading it in German. Picked it up right after I put the first one down and don't regret the dark circles under my eyes. What I do regret is that I'm only halfway through with it. RL sucks sometimes ;-)

Update Apr 4th

LOVED IT
Elisabetta
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, life, love, comfort-read
Altough being a sequel, this was as good as the first one, if not better. Well yes, Emmi is the same at the beginning, not so nice as one would like, but there's a change in Leo and Emmi's emails. It made me laugh at some points and liked how it ended :)
Haiiro
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't handle this love story anymore. But still, Daniel Glattauer's words are absolutely amazing.
Lavanya Ramakrishnan
Sequels get boring, more often than not. I should say this sequel was better than the book "Love Virtually" itself. "Lovely" could be the most appropriate description!
Aida
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Feels. Just, all the feels.
Elizabeta
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Great as the 1st one!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Mängelexemplar
  • Mientras vivimos
  • Gegensätze ziehen sich aus (Mütter-Mafia, #3)
  • Millionär
  • Maria, ihm schmeckt's nicht!
  • Schmitz' Katze
  • Ojalá estuvieras aquí
  • The Tango Singer
  • Voyage Along the Horizon
  • Das Glücksprojekt. Wie ich (fast) alles versucht habe, der glücklichste Mensch der Welt zu werden
  • Dackelblick (Dackel Herkules, #1)
  • Der Knochenmann (Brenner, #2)
  • La reina oculta
  • Das Labyrinth der Wörter
  • Cherry Red Summer (Kirschroter Sommer #1)
  • La rosa di Alessandria (Pepe Carvalho, #7)
  • Glückskekse
Daniel Glattauer, geboren 1960 in Wien, studierte Pädagogik (Diplomarbeit “Das Böse in der Erziehung”). Zunächst Hobby-Literat, -Liedermacher und Kellner, später Journalist, zuerst Redakteur bei der Presse, dann zwanzig Jahre Autor bei der österreichischen Tageszeitung „Der Standard“. Zwischendurch und jetzt erst recht: Schriftsteller. Verheiratet, ein großes Kind, leider keinen Hund mehr, dafür f ...more

Gut gegen Nordwind (2 books)
  • Gut gegen Nordwind (Gut gegen Nordwind, #1)
“Quiero esperar en silencio la séptima ola. Si, aquí cuentan la historia indómita de la séptima ola. Las primeras seis son previsibles y equilibradas. Se condicionan unas a otras, no deparan sorpresas. Mantienen la continuidad. Pero, !cuidado con la séptima ola¡ La séptima es imprevisible. Durante mucho tiempo pasa inadvertida, participa en el monótono proceso, se adapta a sus predecesoras. Pero a veces estalla. Siempre ella, siempre la séptima. Porque es despreocupada, inocente, rebelde, barre con todo, lo cambia todo. Para ella no existe el antes, solo el ahora. Y después todo es distinto. ¿Mejor o peor? Eso solo pueden decirlo quienes estuvieron arrastrados por ella, quienes tuvieron el coraje de enfrentarla, de dejarse cautivar...” 23 likes
“Unos viven la calma como paz interior, otros como eterno estancamiento.” 16 likes