Start by marking “The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras” as Want to Read:
The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras

The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras

Chakras are the centers of energy in our body that profoundly affect our well-being. Through this exquisitely designed volume, newcomers to this alternative form of spirituality can understand every aspect of chakra power. In addition to an illuminating introduction, a detailed guide covers each chakra, with their associated colors, Indian deity, healing stone, and emotion ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Sterling (first published October 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Chakra Bible, please sign up.
George LaRonde I did the same thing and I ended up picking a book up called: "The Wheels of Life" by Judith Anodea! great book that gives you an in depth guide to…moreI did the same thing and I ended up picking a book up called: "The Wheels of Life" by Judith Anodea! great book that gives you an in depth guide to chakras but for stoners and people who really want to see it for what they are.. a way of life.. not a religion or anything of that sort(less)

Michelle
Oct 08, 2016 rated it liked it
There is a lot of information in this book. But I can't help but take away 2 stars for the pictures. I'm distracted from the information with pictures that a) obviously come from photo stock somewhere on the internet. The photos seem ingenuine like they're from a magazine trying to sell me something. But more importantly, b) all the photos are Eurocentric. There are two pictures in the entire 385 page book that aren't of people who are white and those two pictures are illustrating a dance done b ...more
Lia   Covington
Jun 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I bought this book because my yogi would tell me to release my chakra and I really didn't understand what exactly they were asking me. My knowledge of Chakras came from way to many episodes of Naruto and I was sure the yogi was not asking me to walk on water despite the yoga positions felt like it was the same level of difficult. This book is great because it's well written well illustrated and well structed for even those who aren't very informed by the subject title.
Amalie
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
I found this gem back in 2013 or 2014 in the library. Sadly, I had to return it too soon and I never completed reading the whole book. I've completely forgotten the name till today when I accidentally came across the author's name. This book has everything: crystals, yoga, aromatherapy,meditation and knowledge to understand and cleanse the energies.

I feel like, I want to buy this to complete the reading!
Charlene
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. It lives on my desk and I use it constantly for reference in my personal life and my professional life. This is a great quick reference in regards to chakras - which chakra does what, what yoga positions are beneficial for which chakra issues, stones, affirmations, gods, colors, scents, and so much more. I absolutely love it and I'm pretty sure it's the only chakra book inclusive of other new age modalities that you will need. Highly recommended!
Rachel
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This little book contains A LOT of information. It is a very good starting point for anyone wanting to get a feel for chakras (energies). The book has many different methods of getting in touch (clearing, awakening) your chakras. I would HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone wanting to get information about the chakras.
Julie
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: energy
The Chakra Bible was FULL of information about chakras, some of which I knew, some of which helped clarify what I knew, and a good bit of connecting information I didn't know. I've been a practicing Reiki for nine plus years, and still took eighteen pages of notes. The notes about yoga poses, aromatherapy, and crystals that support energy work provided good information. I wish it would have clarified for new readers the difference between overactive and underactive energy centers and how to tell ...more
Nicole Handy
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended by my Kalari teacher. I’m only slightly embarrassed to put it in my Goodreads’ feed. I did enjoy learning about the ancient understanding of the body. Good information. Clear and easy to read.
Audrey
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
easy to follow loved the way it is presented and all of the visuals
S.L. Saboviec
Very thorough, but written primarily from a Hindu perspective. There is a chapter at the end about other religions' teachings.
Tina
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good read but I wished it also spoke about reiki along with this more and yoga less.
Danielle
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good introduction to concepts and where they have been seen in different religions.
Mego
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Lame pictures, like clip art or stock photos from google.
Interesting explanations
Met my needs, easy to read
Khrina Faerchilde
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Some inaccurate parts. However it is good to help others into the study of the Chakra's.
Annotaré
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: continual, new-age
The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras (Paperback)

I use this book for summary reports following a tuning session: particularly the Main Characteristics At A Glance tables for each of the seven main chakra's.

Information in the book is written in easily understandable language for the novice in energy healing, such as I am. Charts are convenient for quick reference. Illustrations very good.

Introducing the subject, Mercier includes historic and explanatory information; good
Melissa
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was really very interesting. The book was very comprehensive and an easily read. The information was laid out really well. I especially enjoyed that not only were the main Chakras included, but also some of the lesser known, or newly discovered Chakra's.I do not own this book, but found it at the library, as such I read it in a different manner While I read this in one go, I think this would be much more useful as a reference book or guide. It is a book that you want to read slowly so that ...more
Adrienne
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
not read in full bc i don't think you can ever finish reading reference books.....some people have shelved this under medical, but for me it's more spiritual and by that i mean as a yogi i believe in 'something bigger', an 'energy' or 'life force' that is greater than us but i don't believe in any form of organised religion. Chakras are the energy within us, our own magnetic field if you like. This little book covers more or less everything, which means what ever your views on chakras (yogic, pa ...more
Gaia
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chakras, yoga
This beautiful book is one of a series of a "bibles" with new age titles. Others include The Meditation Bible, The Crystal Bible, The Astrology bible, and The Tarot Bible. The Chakra Bible is very informative, well-written and quite interesting. Highly recommended!
Tanya
Dec 29, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very informative, just wish it had more remedial advice, such as with diabetes and those sorts of deseases (it does mention it sometimes, but it is hard to reference because they are not referenced really)
Becki
Apr 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Ok this is a little out there for anyone who is leary of alternative medicine, but I have loved learning about energies and find it so facinating to learn about how other cultures and religions view the soul and healing.
Sarah Wilson
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Good if you want a lot of information in easy to swallow bits, but not if you're looking for great detail. A good book to keep for reference.
Peter
Oct 31, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Good start to get to know yourself in an other way.
Jen
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this book so much I decided to buy it. It explains everything in simple terms so that someone like myself, who is new to this topic, can understand it.
Mari Wells
So much wonderful information.
Matt
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and though provoking. I dig it and now am on a journey to balance my chakras
Shelley
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nutrition-health
super comprehensive way to find out about chakras and eastern medicine if you're interested in that route.
...history, emotions, colors, sounds, regions of body, etc. Definitely an all-in-one book.
Crystal
Apr 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
really informative book. i will be buying this
Odin Nightmair
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good for a nice introduction to the chakra systems
From
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's a guide book an overview but lots of great information and cause for further exploration
Bradley
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very informative. I may have to get a copy for permanent collection. =)
Loree
Oct 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
good reference on Chakra's

• The Meditation Bible: The Definitive Guide to Meditations for Every Purpose
  • The Crystal Bible 2
  • Crystal Therapy: How to Heal and Empower Your Life with Crystal Energy
  • Chakras for Beginners: A Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies a Guide to Balancing Your Chakra Energies
  • The Book of Chakras: Discover the Hidden Forces Within You
  • The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Spells Bible: The Definitive Guide to Charms and Enchantments
  • Ascension Magick: Ritual, Myth & Healing for the New Aeon
  • The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads
  • Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras, and the Healing Energy of the Body
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • Chakra Meditation: Discovery Energy, Creativity, Focus, Love, Communication, Wisdom, and Spirit
  • Kundalini and the Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime: A Practical Guide
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • How to Meet and Work with Spirit Guides