Start by marking “Grave New World” as Want to Read:
Grave New World

Grave New World

The Council Gods Are Brutal. The Lesser Gods Are Worse. I'm All That Stands Between Them...
You won't find me in the lore of the gods, but I'm there, hidden between the lines. Whenever the lesser gods torture humanity, creating armies of supernatural beasts to rain hell down on the innocent, it's my job to stand against the tidal wave of pain and death.

I like my job. It's f
Published August 1st 2022 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Grave New World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grave New World

Start your review of Grave New World
Larry Tushman
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
The traditional Greek Gods stand in supremacy in the heavens, but their current stance disallows them from interfering much with the world of normals. But what happens when lesser gods try to ascend and infringe upon their territory? They whip out their tool! No, literally, smut-brain. Grave was created as the tool to address this periodic scenario, and he enjoys his work. But, when the loners among the lesser gods finally decide to band together for a major push, the powers that be must are for ...more
Scott
Mythically Good

This great new series from JPL showcases exactly how the gods war went and how un beknown to the human race is still on going as the Gods use monsters against humans. Now comes out hero Grave a kinda anti hero gifted with powers by the Gods to keep everyone in line. This is a gruff kick ass immortal who as seen it and done it all but he seems to be quite likeable in his own way with an interesting backstory and of course cool weapons and abilties to plow through masses of monsters
Johnny
Aug 13, 2022 rated it it was amazing
book one

Mistakes: I didn’t find anything wrong with this book. Very well written with more than a few laughs.

Plot: It’s about the guy that cleans up after the gods. Basically keeping the lesser gods from messing with the humans to much. But now that the lesser gods are joining forces what was once a one man job is going to take a team effort. So who to recruit for the god stomping team? You guessed it, mortals! And one very good girl!

Characters:Oh it’s a fun bunch. Their interactions with each
Cindy Deporter
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Grave was created by the gods to keep “some” of them in check? Like the Lesser gods? Grave is tasked with the job of putting together a team to stop the lesser gods from their plot to get onto the council and change the world and not for the better. Since he has always worked alone Grave is finding it a challenge to be a team player. On top of that his team is anything but conventional former priest, nuns? An adorable dog, a ferryman and an individual from a destroyed world? What could go wrong? ...more
Paige Guido
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
It's true - gods are a$$h*les. So when they get out of line - as they do - that's where Grave Digger comes in. But he's only one, whatever he is, and when a god and his allies get up to serious no-good, Grave needs help. Easy-peasy, right? For a millennia-old loner to learn to play well with others? Right.
Grave is the least likable guy you'll come to love, and his team is bucketloads of fun to watch navigate one heck of a learning curve. Enjoy!
Lynall
Aug 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
interesting mythology

Interesting story with gods and immortals and a fight between good and evil, with a few twists. The story is amusing in places, and I really liked Mitzy the dog, the characters are a mixed group, with some obvious references to Role playing quests with a hint of Dungeons and Dragons thrown in. The ending was interesting and there was a definite lead into the next story.
Audrey Cienki
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is wow,! What a great start to a new world, and new characters. From the beginning this book is off to a fast and exciting start. And of course, there is a group of trouble makers, making trouble, but what is it that they are really after?
And my favorite character is Mitzy (surprise!). You won’t want to put it down once you start!
Michelle Reopel
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
A new favorite series for sure!

Holy moly! John P. Logsdon has hit this one out of the park! The world is both recognizable and a richly built world for the gods. I loved seeing how Grave Digger, a lone warrior for the major gods, was forced to form a team in order to combat the lesser gods. Grave Digger’s sarcasm is delightful, but my favorite character HAS to be Mitzi.
John E
Aug 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Fun with supernaturals

Intrigue among the gods of mythology leads to the creation of a new team to battle whatever the intrigue may be. Irreverent humor, plenty of battles, and characters you can only like while rolling your eyes makes this an entertaining start of a series. Realistically, close to 4 or 4.5 stars.
Karen Hollyhead
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This, the first book in a new series, is classic John P Logsdon. If you love his PPD series (and, let's face it, who doesn't) then this is definitely for you.
An enthralling new series that literally grabs you by the throat, this is full of wit, brilliant storytelling and characters that jump off the page .... and Mitzy!
This is one series not to be missed!
Michele Livesay
Sep 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Mythos Gods Gone Wild

Grave Digger needs some help and right now too. This first book gathers the team and works through some battles to get them ready for the big games. I really liked the new teammates especially Mitzy. I look forward to the next books. Check it out.
malcolm robertson
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! I will be counting the days until the next one.

Gods as seen by the dogsbody that has to clean up after them, a dog with an unholy fetish for attacking nether regions and a team of reprobates that only a leader could salvage. Gotta love it!
Dick SantaCruz
Aug 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I dug this book

Excellent storyline. Very funny at times. The characters were awesome and the action non-stop. The fight scenes were amazing and Grave Digger pulled his team together to win.
Kathleen
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Grave New World is the first book in the new Grave Digger Mythos series. Judging by this book, the series promises to be funny, exciting and filled with interesting and diverse characters. I am eagerly anticipating the next instalment!
Marcia Campbell
Awesome!!!

Absolutely fantastic story!! Unlike anything I've read before!! Totally unique characters and a different perspective on various mythological beings! Definitely recommend it!!?
Bennah
Aug 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is a great first book of the series. The first chapter hooked me and I couldn't put it down. Plenty of snark, humor and action. Have already pre-ordered book 2 ...more
Tim Hayes
Sep 21, 2022
Mike
Sep 20, 2022
« previous 1 3 next »

• Blood Bond (Tales of the Gatekeepers, #3)
  • Revenant (Montague & Strong Case Files, #16)
  • The Way of Bug (Tales of the Gatekeepers #2)
  • Demon (Sepia Blue #5)
  • Druid's Bane (The Trickster Cycle #3)
  • Storm Blood (Montague & Strong Case Files, #15)
  • Snakebite: Phantom Queen Book 13—A Temple Verse Series (The Phantom Queen Diaries)
  • No Gods, Only Monsters: A New Novel in the Hellequin Chronicles Universe
  • A Bullet Ballet (Tales of the Gatekeepers #1)
  • Hard Way (Calanar #1)
  • Swing Low: A Bubba the Monster Hunter Novella
  • The Law (The Dresden Files #17.4)
  • Blood Moon: A Druidverse Urban Fantasy Novella (Junkyard Druid Novellas Book 6)
  • Dancing in the Magic (A Shoplifter's Guide to Wizardry, #5)
  • Vicious Circle (Alastair Stone Chronicles #30)
  • Mud War (Dwarvish Dirty Dozen Book 1)
  • The Book of Levi (The Demon Accords)
  • Feral (The Immortal Doc Holliday, #9)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com. ...more

News & Interviews

October has arrived, and this month’s batch of incoming titles features some big names, some much-anticipated sequels, and several exotic...