Start by marking “Thaw in Winter (Melt My Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thaw in Winter (Melt My Heart, #1)

Thaw in Winter (Melt My Heart #1)

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  259 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
A chance meeting between two hikers turns steamy. But an accident, amnesia and an unexplained wedding ring stop the burgeoning affair right in its tracks. When a snowstorm traps them in a cabin, their passion makes a thaw in winter. Publisher's Note: This book is a homoerotic love story and as such contains acts that may be offensive to some readers: male/male sex practice ...more
Published June 26th 2007 by Loose Id (first published June 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Thaw in Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thaw in Winter

Daisiemae
Thaw in Winter by Kate Steele is another one of those books I have had in my TBR files for some time. I recently read To the Highest Bidder by her, and really enjoyed it, so I decided to give this one a shot. I did like it, but I don’t know that it will be something that is on my active re-read list.

The story starts off well enough. Mark is on vacation and is staying at his family’s cabin that is located on the edge of a National Forest. He decides to go for a walk and comes across a handsome ma
Elisa Rolle
Mark is a 24 years old architect, cute and adorable, and virgin. He has had a loving family even though a bit old: in fact he was raised by his grandparantes and they accepted his omosexuality, but lived in a small cabin among a forest, so it was a little difficult for Mark to find a lover.

So now, he lives in the city but he is still shy and wary when it is time to love. But one morning, during a brief vacation in his cabin, he meet a camper, Joe: big, muscular and very handsome, Joe is also ver
Vio
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Vio by: Simsala
Adored it, thanks to a good friend who has been brave enough to keep recommending these treasures to me. Loved the MC's, the romance and teasing was hot, the kisses, foreplay everything about them clicked even the little displays of aggression so good. Mark what a darling with his shy blushing charm, he was seriously cute with his awkward sweet attraction towards Joe the hunk, who was patient and tender with Mark's first time that was a beautiful sexy moment. So glad I got to savour and enjoy th ...more
Candice
Not much to say other than what a great love story. I absolutely adored both Mark and Joe.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
This is a sweet story about 24 yr old architect and virgin Mark and how he meets the older and more dominant Joe.
Mark saves Joe's life and they are snowed in for a few days, add the "mystery" of what is Joe's life and it's a pretty good story.
I just didn't like Joe very much and I dislike leaving open questions in a story just to sell a short sequel.
No worries, there is a HFN with a strong leaning to HEA!
Ami
Apr 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is a story of Mark and Joe. Mark saves Joe's life -- the two feels instant strong attraction. But one thing seems to stand in the way. A ring on Joe's finger, and Joe can't remember what the ring stands for. I really like Kate Steele's writings. Though she has her fair share of sex scenes but I don't feel it as overwhelming or taking away my attention from the characters. And she always have wonderful characters. The ending is a bit abrupt, though ... because I feel there is one issue that ...more
Chris
Jan 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2010, owned, ebook
Thaw in Winter was a good m/m romance about Mark, an architect who saves Joe’s life when he’s injured while camping. Joe and Mark are attracted to each other… but Joe can’t remember why exactly he’s wearing that mysterious wedding band on his ring finger. I liked this one a lot, until the point at which the first book stopped abruptly, leaving unresolved a plot point that had been played up quite a bit. I then discovered that there was a short second book, which resolves that plot point. Grrr. I ...more
Beck
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
I enjoyed this one. Despite the insta-love plot line & Joe's long hair (a personal dislike) I enjoyed reading about the developing relationship. I liked that Mark was an innocent 'cause I felt that Joe needed someone transparent & forthright after loosing his last lover. The story is relatively angst-free but I was sadly disappointed when I got to the end & realised I would have to purchase the next book to get a decent (I hope) resolution to the story. Imagine my horror when I reali ...more
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Pretty sweet and enjoyable winter read.
Insta-love.

But I liked that they held off, when there was a possibility of a significant other that couldn't be remembered.

Sweet, short.
Ifrah
Dec 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Yay, I finally finished this. I really loved this story, but it only gets 4 stars from me because of some flaws, well, more like my own personal reasons for not giving it a complete 5 out of 5.

One thing was that the beginning was too slow. I found myself just waiting for something to happen so I ended up reading 20 or so pages and then taking a break, that is until I got to a certain point. Then I just couldn't stop. I read like crazy and just really want to read to sequel.

As I've said before i
Hrtnsoul28
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I am not usually a fan of insta love books, however this was a sweet read of Mark and Joe. An unexpected meeting from a near death experience. There is a connection that cannot be denied. It was cute and cheesy at times but that is how I feel about insta love. IT also felt like the author was in a hurry to finish the book. Over all it had sweet moments, awkward moments, and a few hot moments. If you are wanting a sweet winter story this is just the book you need.
Yvonne
Apr 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
cute story but ended abruptly with one small issue unresolved. It appears there is a short story that came out a couple years later that resolves this. I'm not sure why it couldn't be contained all in one book so it lost a star for that.
Nicole
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I feel like this book ended when it was only 3/4 done. At least there's a follow up book that will hopefully tie up the loose ends. Apart from that, I liked the book. I found Joe to be too aggressive sometimes though.
Melissa
May 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was an okay story, predictable and a little corny, but cute. The ending does indeed (as others have said) give you a Happy For Now. I expect the next book in the series to continue where this one left off.
Lee
Apr 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Thaw in Winter is a very cute story. A bit slow in the beginning, but it picks up midway and ends with a HEA. There were several points in the book that Ms. Steele could easily draw from to write a sequel. I'd read it.

Three stars for Thaw in Winter.

Mary Davis
3.5/5

Sweet light read.
Sandi Weller
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great characters...really a great read!
Bijan
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
A sweet love story. If you want a quick read with a simple plot and likeable characters, don't hesitate. It's nice to read it in a cold wintry afternoon.
Brett
  • Left of Centre
  • Letting In the Light
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Passion (Passion, #1)
  • Heaven Sent (Heaven Sent, #1 & #2)
  • The Ties That Bind
  • Love, Jamie (Love, #1)
  • Snow Angel
  • Object of His Desire (Somerville Park, #1)
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
Having been an avid reader of romance for years, and being possessed of an overactive imagination, I decided to try my hand at writing. I discovered that, like reading, writing romance has become addictive. Whether writing paranormal, contemporary or science fiction about werewolves, otherworldly creatures or the average Joe, I found the perfect creative outlet.

I enjoy life in a turn-of-the-centur
More about Kate Steele...

Melt My Heart (2 books)
  • Darling Brat (Melt My Heart, #2)