Start by marking “InuYasha: A Heart in the Hand (InuYasha, #38)” as Want to Read:
InuYasha: A Heart in the Hand (InuYasha, #38)

InuYasha: A Heart in the Hand (InuYasha #38)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  1,021 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Historical action and romance from one of Japan's most beloved creators L to R (Western Style). A Heart In the HandInuyasha and the cew are locked deep in combat with the scheming Hakudoshi. The plot thickens as both Kagura and Hakudoshi's plans come to light. In a rare moment, Inuyasha fights on the same side as Kagura. It seems that Hakudoshi will stop at nothing to achi ...more
Published July 15th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 10th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about InuYasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about InuYasha

Lady Flo
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was intending to give it 5 stars from start, but after reading it, I guess, it really deserves 5 stars.
Kagura, I'll miss her. That was the most touching part, I can even dare to say, in the whole series so far. Kagome offering her to join them, Inuyasha promising to get her heart back. And Sesshomaru appearing just before her passing away, and he came knowing it was Kagura. Damned Naraku! Why he couldn't give up the heart peacefully? Kagura is wind and she is free, that's what she wanted.
William
Aug 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Poor Kagura, I miss you already. I do hope you'll be back, somehow. Nice to see Kokyo's return, and I wish her luck on her important mission. Could the series finally be climaxing? Probably not, as I've seen references to at least 18 more volumes in the Japanese version. (The problem is that the English edition only comes out with four volumes per year: at this rate I have another five years before I will be able to read the ending!)
Vanessa Kay
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*This review is for the series as a whole with 4.5 out of 5 stars*

This series is absolutely the longest series I’ve ever read so far, with a total of 56 volumes containing 559 chapters. Yeah right? I grew up watching anime and when I stumbled to this one, I instantly got hook. I’m so in love with this anime that I have the complete anime series in my possession. Yep! It occupy mostly the memory of my external drive haha sucker I know. And it’s just now that I finally had the courage to read its
Krista
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
神楽かわいそう。泣いちゃった。
Ash
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
*This review is for the series as a whole (with a 3 star rating) and will be included on every volume for my own organizing purposes.*
This will probably be the longest review I've ever written, and for that, I apologize. I have a lot to say and despite the character limit, it will be said.
InuYasha is honestly a classic in the sense that the anime is well-loved, the manga is typically well-loved, it was original-ish when it was first published, but it went on way too long. It's a 56 volume series
Joti
Apr 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
Lusitarius
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sarjakuvat
I'm not sure, what to think about Kagura's death. Somehow she should have had freedom and a change to show Sesshoumaru how she really felt about him. On the otherhand Sesshoumaru and Kagura couldn't cope with each other in a relationship. Kagura's death and her final freedom was beautiful. She became really free, her wind-spirit finally broke free.
Why can't they get Naraku killed? This serie is really dear to me, but it's started to spin around the same subjects. Just let Kikiyo deal with Naraku
Holly Letson
What I hated about this one was that Kagura had to die. After she had helped so many, those she had helped were wanting to help her in return. But, even Inuyasha and friends were too late. At least, Kagura died in peace, and became one with the wind.
She was so happy to have just gotten to see Sesshoumaru one last time. I felt like she must have been in love with him.
-------------
After Kagura's sad passing, we are shifted to a storyline involving Kikyo. I don't like her much, and she seems rea
Starbubbles
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Kagura really got interesting. She made a friend and defended him, Kohaku, and had a love interest, Sesshomarru. Even better, he kind of seemed to return her interest. aw! Such a bittersweet story!

Then Kikyo annouces that it's time to make a final stand. This is going to be the longest stand ever. :/ But I guess any faster and it would seemed rushed when you compare it to the pace of the rest of the series. Plus, Kikyo and Inuyasha's talks don't seem like former lover talks anymore. It's more li
Lauren
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
What first drew me to this series was the romantic historical aspect. I loved how a modern day girl gets pulled back into the past. I don't know what it is about those stories that attract me so much, maybe it is the difficulty for the girl of fitting in and having to rely on the guy so much to be able to get along in the world.

I also really liked the group aspect to this series and the corresponding relationships that affect each of the characters.

I would really recommend this series to fans of
Caroline
Mar 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
After being annoyed at it feeling like there's no real consequences to the central cast of characters, I was actually a bit surprised to see someone actually permanently eliminated from the story. For a series that's supposed to be so serious, it's honestly a relief in some ways.
Bine
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sehr schön mit Kagura und auch Sesshomaru und auch die Story geht gut voran. Und wie gesagt, ich mag eben die Intrigen momentan, hihihi. Naja, trotzdem ist der Fokus noch sehr auf Kohaku, den ich ja gar nicht leiden kann :/
Galion Public Library Teens
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Review by K.K.: "Any action lover would like Inuyasha. In this one we find out that Sesshomaru actually might have been in love with Kagura, and was sad when he couldn't save her with Tenseiga. Sad face.
Nohely
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow! This volume was so sad. Poor Kagura. I actually took a liking to her.
Desi Ariyanis
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Damn! why Kagura! Why? I'm sorry Sessomaru T_T
Steph
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Recommended to Steph by: saw the anime
Shelves: manga
I really love this series.
Lulu
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Such a moving moment when Kagura died.
Destiny
Mar 20, 2015
Tiffany Walker
Jul 24, 2009
  • Demon Love Spell, Vol. 2
  • Red River, Vol. 23 (Red River, #23)
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 12
  • Oh My Goddess! Volume 10: Miss Keiichi
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride, Vol. 4
  • ツバサ-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- 22
  • From Far Away, Vol. 05
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United
More about Rumiko Takahashi...

InuYasha (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 01 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)
  • InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)
  • InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • InuYasha: Stolen Spirit (InuYasha, #8)
  • InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)