Start by marking “I Love You to Death” as Want to Read:
I Love You to Death

I Love You to Death

2.98  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In "My Love Life Is Killing Me," recent divorcee Alex Ramsay is ready to plunge back into the dating pool, and Matt Crawford looks like one sexy splash of a blind date--until she discovers that he's really John Tanner, private investigator, and that her real date is in the men's room...dead. Nothing like mystery to turn up the heat! In "Dial M for Mortified," Darcy Bennett ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by Brava (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You to Death

Christa
Jun 17, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own
This book contains three short stories by Amy Garvey. The stories all take place in the same town, all have something to do with blind dates, and the characters are connected. In each story, a mysterious death occurs, and the hero and heroine become involved while investigating the event. In the first story, "My Love Life is Killing Me," Alex Ramsay, a ballet instructor, mistakes John Tanner for her blind date. After talking with Alex, John Tanner finds the date dead in the bathroom before Alex ...more
Jane Stewart
Sep 26, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked one of the three stories.

This book consisted of three stories involving the death of someone and solving the mystery.

3 stars for MY LOVE LIFE IS KILLING ME.
Alex has a blind date with Matt. The bartender mistakenly tells Alex her date is the guy in the corner, John. Alex talks with John for awhile. Matt never shows up because he died in the bathroom. John is a private detective who had been following Matt. Alex and John fall for each other but John breaks up with her thinking his lifestyl
Sheila
May 01, 2009 rated it liked it
A collection of three novellas. It markets itself as a "sexy mystery," but I don't think that's entirely accurate. Each story is more of a collection of sex scenes with a faint mystery plot taking up the space between them. Now, the sex scenes are really well done, so that's not such a bad thing, but if you're reading it for the mystery part you may be disappointed.

(Bonus point for naming one of the heroines Darcy Bennett.)
Lady Ozma
Mar 02, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
All three stories in this were the same. And unrealistic. It seems the entire point was to get someone in bed with someone else. Throw in a dead body and the bedmates being blind dates and you have all you need to know.

I only suffered through this because it was the end of the month and I needed it for a challenge. No time to complete anything else. I do NOT recommend this at all.
Dana
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Totally juvenile and full of sex (which isn't always necessarily a bad thing). Each book had a main character and each of these characters were complete tramps, sleeping with their mates on the first dates-doing things that were way to intimate for first meetings.
colleen
Nov 15, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: scpl, romance, 2006
read 11.30.06
Paula
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
I could never get into this book. It consists of 3 novellas that never really had any story line and were all predictable from the beginning. I finished it but it didn't catch my attention.
Kelly

Feb 09, 2011
Tia
Jan 13, 2012
Jennifer Telford
rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2013
Jan 04, 2010
Kirsten
Jun 24, 2008
May 19, 2015
Amy Garvey, Lori Foster & Erin McCarthy's Bad Boys Of Summer Are Back! 1 1 Aug 02, 2011 10:39AM
I've always been a reader. I've also been a movie theater ticket taker, a nanny, a camp counselor, and a romance editor. Now I'm a mom and a writer who still spends most of my free time reading (when I'm not watching too much TV).

After starting off in romance with books like Hot Date and Pictures of Us, I'm writing in the genre I've always loved most, young adult fiction. (My very first completed
More about Amy Garvey...