Start by marking “The Rules of Dating” as Want to Read:
The Rules of Dating

The Rules of Dating

It all started when I hosted a little party for a bunch of new friends.

Though “friends” might not be the right word since the invitees were all the women I’d found out my boyfriend was talking to behind my back. When the guest of honor walked in—aka my now ex—things took a turn…

Unfortunately, a stranger witnessed the whole blowout. I was in a mood that night and ended up g
Published September 19th 2022 by C. Scott Publishing

Start your review of The Rules of Dating
swedishruler B
I wish I found single dads hot 🥵 but I don’t. I always wonder where is the kid mom. Is she dead then that’s dead ex drama not my thing. If she alive then that’s another drama.
This one she’s alive and play a big role in this one. I guess I’m just bored with these books now. The same stuff over and over does that.
Seda
Sep 22, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-pdf

📚”You act like I’m asking you to go to the gas chamber.”
Billie laughed. “I do not.”
“Prove me wrong, then, and come. I’m not asking you on a date this time. We can be friends, can’t we?”
She bit her lip. “Fine. Yes, we can be friends.”
“Great.” I winked. “But just to clarify, I sometimes look at my friends’ asses.

📚My heart raced out of control. Colby moved his head closer. We were practically nose to nose. “You know what I think? I think you’re just as jealous as I am.”
“I am not.”
The heat betwee
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

449273C0-F252-4F2A-BDF7-5B550BFCBD83

Billie Holland is a tattoo artist living in New York. She has a job she loves and is in a relationship she thinks is going in the right direction. Then she finds out her boyfriend has been secretly talking to other women. She comes up with a brilliant idea to let him know they are through, and hosts a revenge party for him and his new “friends.” While carrying out her plan a gorgeous stranger awkwardly walks in and witnesses the whole thing. She was at her wor
Jenny Lovez Bookz
When I read the blurb I was excited to dive into this. A revenge party with all the girls Billie's ex was talking to behind her back? Sounds epic! But it ended up being super underwhelming. Then as the story continued, it was just fine, nothing special. I liked the characters, just not much else going on. I also didn't like the second part of the story. I ended up having to skim through parts. Overall this was a bland story. ...more
Anne OK

For a while now, this writing duo has been hit or miss with me – and this go-round hit me somewhere less than mid-range. There were laughs, a group of guys who kept things on the lighter side, along with Saylor, an adorable four-year-old that created those much-needed “Oh so sweet” moments. The relationship between Colby Lennon, a single dad, and Billie Holland, an artistic tattooist begins slowly with opposites attracting, and then friendly “undates” until attraction bursts into flames and then
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Billie has just broken up with the guy she thought she was exclusively dating in a spectacularly public way. One of the people who bore witness to this is her new landlord Colby Lennon. Oops! Billie is a talented tattoo artist and rents building space for her studio from Colby. She is passionate about her career and enjoys the creative outlet of giving people meaningful permanent ink.

Colby is quite taken with the feisty woman who definitely left a lasting impression on him. Colby has never had t
Dali
The Rules of Dating is a standalone contemporary romance by authors Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward. It's a full length single parent, told from both POV with a HEA.

Tropes:
✔️ big city
✔️ friends to lovers
✔️ hero falls first
✔️ opposites attract
✔️ single parent

Vi & Penelope have another epic love story to their collection. Colby and Billie’s story hooked me from the start and had me on pins and needles throughout with its flirty banter and angsty overall plot.

I usually am pretty good at separating my
Lisa Stinson
Sep 14, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars rounding up to 4 because I absolutely loved Billie and Saylor. Sadly this book just had moments that really bothered me and prevent me from truly loving the story. I really really enjoyed the first half. I loved how different Colby and Billie were. They fought their attraction and feelings for as long as they could. I was glad when Billie gave in and they started actually dating. Billie and Saylor were just so cute together and I loved the bond they created. And part of me knew somethi ...more
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
When Billie set up a little revenge get together to put her cheating boyfriend in his place she didn’t expect making such a scene…or the handsome man that walked in witness to it. Well, at she won’t have to see him again right? Unless, he happens to be her tattoo shop’s new landlord. Colby Lennon walked in just at the right time, or did he, to a woman’s breakdown. Not the best first impression but who is the feisty tattooer that now occupies his building? What a brilliant opening to this story e ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 20, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
What a scorching, emotional, angst-a-licious ride this was!

I was so into Billie and Colby's story. I loved that nothing about it was "insta" - the build was slower than I was expecting and their flirtation and chemistry was absolute perfection. I loved everything about these two, honestly. They were fun, adorable, and insanely sexy. I was into them 100% rooting for them every step of the way.

Including the conflict, which can be such a tricky point of the story for me. I adored how Colby and Bill
booksnpenguins (wingspan matters)
don't judge me, i'm in my shamelessly reads whetever ticks era ...more
Crystal (Crystal_reads_)
Full review to come
Nadine
Sep 20, 2022 rated it it was ok
I didn’t know The Rules of Dating was a single dad romance and I wish I had known before reading. Ward and Keeland are one of my favourite writing duos, so I usually pick up their books without the synopsis. Single dad romances are predictable and the kids are never always that cute and understanding.

The main character Billie is weary of relationships after she has been burned a few times in the past, so Colby has to prove himself to her through what he calls undating. Essentially, dates that ar
Amy
Sep 20, 2022 rated it did not like it
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
The Rules of Dating by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland made my heart sing. I'm still smiling like a loon just thinking about this book, a week after finishing it. It was that good! This unexpected, opposites attract romance has the perfect about of sweet and heat.

The Rules of Dating is flirty and fun romance lovers gold. I legit couldn't put the book down until I reached the end. You guys are in for a treat. That ending! I've said this before, and I'll repeat it, Vi and Penelope make it impossible
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Sep 23, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2022
I was looking for something light-hearted, easy read and this book did the trick. Super cute friend-to-lover, single dad, opposite attract romance. Billie is a tattoo artist. She thought her life was going great until she found out her boyfriend was a major douche. Billie staged a revenge and cause a big commotion at her shop. Colby just walked in the shop and happened to be caught in the middle of Billie’s furry – not so great first impression :). Just when Billie thought things could not get w ...more
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Cocktails and Books received this book for free from in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect our opinion of the book or the content of our review.

This writing duo has done it again!

Colby and Billie's relationship was perfectly imperfect on their way to their HEA.  Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward have a knack of creating lovable, relatable characters that are easy to fall in love with and to cheer on to the end.  For this book, a
Heta
Sep 18, 2022 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 16%.

Usually love this combo but this one was just boring and the “joke” at 16% was just poor taste and I couldn’t go on any longer…not sure when the holocaust was something that got bandied about as a joke. Lame.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Billie's just found out her boyfriend has been cheating on her. So setting him up by bringing in all the women seems like a great idea. Unfortunately, all it does is get her tattoo shop's landlord very annoyed at her. But that same landlord seems very interested in dating her when they meet again. Is Billie willing to open herself up to more heartbreak? Perhaps she and Colby can just be friends...who don't really date and try to ignore the heat between them.

Ju
RJ
[warning: spoiler filled review]

so i jumped into this book without safety info or spoilers. it ended up having lots of tropes i don't enjoy hence the 2 star rating.

what i liked:
- confident heroine who is sexually experienced and not a simpering virgin
- hero is not a manwhore in current times and focused on being a dad first
- i don't read too many books with the single dad trope but the kiddo here was pretty cute

what i didn't like:

- threesome gate. in the beginning the h was pushing the H away b
Stacey
Sep 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
“Because I don’t want your body without your heart.”

Penelope and Vi have gone an done it again!!! I swear every single time I read their books I fall in love with the hero. This times no different. Colby is everything and so much more I can't help but love him. I also loved Billie she is just so kind and caring. Then we have Saylor who's absolutely adorable. Colby's friends are hilarious and couldn't help but love them all.

The first time Billie and Colby meet is at her tattoo shop after she's ju
Kim Whitehead
Sep 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Omg!! How can one contain themselves after reading The Rules Of Dating!! Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland have left me feeling utterly euphoric!! Every word seem to penetrate my heart till it completely burst!! My goodness! Understanding, forgiveness, sacrifice and Love! But the greatest thing was the love portrayed! I laughed, got chocked up with the sadness and was breathless! Such an incredible feeling you get after reading the story of Billie, Saylor and Colby! The wisdom and view on life was so ...more
Sheila'S Book Corner
OMG! I just finished and I’m a mess 😭💔❤️‍🩹😍 So Good!! All the feels but such a beautiful ending.
I was SO stressed through part of it!! Angst with a capital A… but the MC’s were so beautiful! Beautiful people from the inside!!

Colby is forced to make some unthinkable decisions but he and Billie always keep Saylor as top priority.

“I think I’ve been hesitant because I’m afraid if I fall, you might not be there to catch me.”
…“I’ll be here to catch you always, Billie.”
“I believe you, Colby.”

The Rul
Sara
Sep 20, 2022 rated it liked it
Yolanda McGee~Veronica's Reading Vault
The Rules Of Dating is a great second chance at love romance. As much as I loved Billie and her unique way of confronting her cheating boyfriend which was genius and Colby who was amazing for so many reasons, I struggled with the beginning of their story. They definitely had explosive chemistry and their attraction to each other was beyond hot however, I felt their story lacked in some areas and it developed at a much slower pace then what I’m used to when it comes to Vi Keeland and Penelope War ...more
Rhiannon Thompson
Sep 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing
The rules of dating was a first for me by Penelope ward and Vi Keeland and I can honestly say that I want to read more. This book was a page turner and I did not want to put it down. I like that the book was told in duel POV I feel like it makes you know the characters on a more personal level.

It was fun and flirty! It kept you intrigued with their opposites attract and the little twists throughout the book. I loved the main characters Billie and Colby and their story was so good. Lots of love
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
The Rules of Dating is a beautiful, emotional story but even more than that it is fun, Funny, romantic and oh, so swoony!!
After a bad breakup, Billie is trying to keep their relationship in the friend zone, but Colby is a bit of a horndog and they have such fun conversations and texts.

“We can be friends, can’t we?”
She bit her lip. “Fine. Yes, we can be friends.”
“Great.” I winked. “But just to clarify, I sometimes look at my friends’ asses.”
-5 Stars!-
My full review:
Virginia
Sep 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
They did it again! But that’s no surprise. I absolutely loved hot and sweet Colby. And Billie- a fabulous and caring tattoo shop owner. And Saylor!! What a sweetie and a cutie!!! From the very beginning I laughed and smiled. I couldn’t get enough of the writing and the wit and the chemistry. I loved watching this friendship turn to more. And of course there was some angst.

All the feels!! 5 huge stars!!

An arc was provided for an honest review.
Addicted 2 📖
plot Twist killed it

I normally enjoy books by these two authors, and I liked the chemistry and fun Colby and Billie had - along with the the other characters.

I guess I’m just disappointed because that plot twist was awful to me, it just sucked the life out of the book. I’m not sure what happened with the development of Billie’s mom which after one chapter just died, and then the entire second half of the book was this horrible plot twist that just made me skip pages.

Very interested to see how H
Yo.S
Sep 20, 2022 rated it liked it

I liked the MCs relationship and how it was slow for heroine to feel comfortable . She was also a badass heroine not a damsel in distress type which gets major points for me.

What I didn't like it the plot twist with the ex-baby mama coming back. I felt it should have been played out differently . It was kind of annoying and stressed me out and made me wanna skip that part which I get some twists are meant to do but I'd rather be intrigued than stressed .

Looking forward to the next bo

• The Boss Project
  • Bitter Sweet Heart (Lies, Hearts and Truths, #2)
  • Dr. Off Limits (Doctors, #1)
  • Mine To Cherish (Southern Wedding, #3)
  • The French Kiss
  • The Do-Over (The Miles High Club #4)
  • Fling
  • Definitely Not Him (Single at Thirty, #1)
  • The Virgin Next Door (The Dating Games)
  • Because I Want You (Because #3)
  • Doctor Untouchable (Boston's Billionaire Bachelors #5)
  • Give Me Love
  • Royally Not Ready
  • Northern Stars (Compass, #4)
  • The Redo (Winslow Brothers, #4)
  • Dash: Rushing the Play
  • Pieces of a Life (Colten & Josie #1; Life #3)
  • Once Upon a Grump
See top shelves…
Penelope Ward is a New York Times, USA Today and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of contemporary romance.

She grew up in Boston with five older brothers and spent most of her twenties as a television news anchor. Penelope resides in Rhode Island with her husband, son, and beautiful daughter with autism.

With over 2-million books sold, she is a 21-time New York Times bestseller and the auth