Start by marking “You Belong To Me” as Want to Read:
You Belong To Me

You Belong To Me

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  20,101 Ratings  ·  448 Reviews
A killer who targets lonely women on cruise ships is at the center of Mary Higgins Clark's You Belong To Me, a masterful combination of breathtaking suspense and classic mystery.

When Dr. Susan Chandler decides to use her daily radio talk show to explore the phenomenon of women who disappear and are later found to have become victims of killers who prey on the lonely and
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published May 12th 2009 by Simon Schuster Audio (first published April 21st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about You Belong To Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Belong To Me

Diana
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a fascinating read...storyline unfolded the right way...awesome writing...huge fan of this author! (paperback!)
Jun 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
You Belong to Me was my first Mary Higgins Clark. She's such a popular and prolific author, I had put off reading her books. I was afraid I wouldn't like them, but what I should have been afraid of was enjoying them. You Belong to Me was an exciting, suspenseful read that made me regret not reading Clark's books earlier.

Susan is a former assistant district attorney turned psychologist and radio host. When she inquires on-air about a missing woman she sets off a murderous chain reaction she never
Silvana (Por detrás das Palavras)
(http://por-detras-das-palavras.blogsp...)

Agora és minha é o segundo livro que leio de Mary Higgins Clark (o primeiro que li foi em co-autoria) e estava com algumas expetativas para a leitura. Estas minhas expetativas advinham das boas recomendações acerca da autora que a minha parceira Denise, do blog Quando se abre um livro, me ia fazendo chegar.

Em geral foi uma leitura lenta, mais pela minha falta de tempo do que pelo desenvolvimento da narrativa. A autora, muito facilmente, consegue criar d
Ana M. Román
No es de lo mejor de la autora. Estaba bastante cantado desde el principio quién era el malo de la película o mejor dicho, del libro.

Por otro lado, menuda hermana se gasta la protagonista!! Con hermanas así quién necesita enemigos... Lo que le hizo ya me parece bastante increíble -hay hermanos que dejen de hablarse por menos- y encima está dispuesta a volverlo a hacer. Dee necesita un psicológo. Otro que no sea su propia hermana.

Un libro con el que pasar el rato. Como siempre, el particular esti
Eileen
Jan 28, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mary Higgins Clark may not write the most imaginative of thrillers but she's an accomplished writer in her own right and she never fails to deliver a page-turner that's full of suspense. She's like that dependable friend: she can always be relied on to produce a mystery thriller that is easily digestible and pleasant to read. You Belong to Me doesn't disappoint and is an entertaining read despite its formulaic structure and predictability. While I had picked the killer quite early on, she kept m ...more
Tori Hoeschler
Not good. Not good at all.
I am so disappointed to be writing this review! MHC is one of the only mystery authors I will give any sort of attention to and typically when I pick up one of her books I’ll have it read in 3 days max. Up to this point, her success rate in the world of me has been 100%. Without really having to say anything else, I’ll tell you that this book took me 3 weeks, 3 WEEKS, to read.
She definitely has a formula with her books: Grim Incident at the Beginning + Interesting Expl
Faa
Jul 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Mrs. Clark enchanted me with the beauty of New York and most importantly, the real-life of psychologist (or shrink as we love to call them). Dr. Susan in this book is definitely a strong woman but lack of control in her life. She lost a love partner to her sister, she lost her father to a whinny stepmother and she was having a love-hate relationship with her dear sister, Dee.

When Dr Susan was exposed to mysterious disappearing of one Regina Clausen during one of her radio show, she w
Aroha Hepworth
Mar 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't yet finished it all the way. It is a really great book though, it starts off kind of boring and slow, but when you get maybe 8 or 9 chapters into it, the book gets really good. I have stayed up really late a couple of nights because I haven't been able to close the book. It is a good keep you at the edge of your seat kind of book. Yes, at times it is a little boring, but most of the time it is quite a good read. I definitely suggest it for good, mystery book lovers. I really like what ...more
Carol
Mar 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Mary Higgins Clark. I like them because they keep me guessing till the end. And each one is so different - she doesn't write by a formula. This one is about a psychologist who has a radio show and invites an author on who wrote a book about woman vanishing. The broadcast opens a can of worms that nearly kills Dr Susan and had me guessing who dunit till the end!
And she doesn't use bad language to "spice" up the story it works very well without!!!!!!
Brandy
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of predictable, but I did enjoy the book. I loved her writing throughout the book, and it was easy to read.
 Mummy Cat Claire
I'm not much for mysteries. They aren't bad, I like them, I just don't read them much. This book made me re-think my feelings towards the genre.

Clark is a pretty famous mystery writer. A lot of people like her books and I know she has written many but if you are ever going to try out one of her books, don't make this one your first.

There isn't much about this book that I liked so I am just gonna start with what I didn't like.

-Clark talks a lot about time in her book. Many times throughout the b
Anne  (Booklady) Molinarolo
3.5 Stars

You Belong To Me is a nice, fast read for avid mystery readers stuck in the house on a rainy day. Higgins Clark uses short chapters and a boat load of characters to advance the story which is fitting since a serial killer is preying upon lonely women on cruise liners.

Psychologist Dr. Susan Chandler has a successful call in radio show as well a private practice. She still has the instinct of a District Attorney and will need it as she explores the disappearance of Regina Clausen. Clausen
Hayley
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh good gosh! I LOVE this book!

I will go back and read it again and again. I have probably read it 5 or 6 times in the last 16 years (I first read it when I was 12ish).

Thanks to this book the song "You Belong to Me" will NEVER be a romantic song, EVER!

When it played during Shrek I started giggling and when my friends asked why I said "He is going to kill her and bury her in one of those places." No one got it. *Sigh* The burden of being me I guess.

The book is very interesting and gives you j
Colleen
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel, along with most of the Mary Higgins Clark novels that I have read, was an enjoyable mystery. I am always a sucker for novels that jump between characters perspectives and really enjoyed how we got not only into all the main characters heads, but the killers head as well. I see why they call these suspense novels because when you know someone is about to die or holds a key to the mystery and then read how they aren't going to do the one thing that will save their life, it drives you u ...more
Hasini (Ink On Paper)
Picking up this book, I had high hopes since Mary Higgins Clark is a name I've heard and seen oftentimes in bookstores. I was thrilled at the mystery that boggled the characters in this story and I loved the psychological aspect of it but there were a few things that threw me off a bit.

First of all, I found the first half of the story to be a bit of a bore. I loved the plot line and such but there was so much happening and hardly enough scenes with the main characters taking place.

I think Don R
Kristen
Apr 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
If you missed the TV movie version from a decade ago, you can relive the suspense in this classic mystery in print version. In Mary Higgins Clark's You Belong to Me, she took us on an adventure from radio to the cruise ships. Dr. Susan Chandler decided to use her radio talk show to explore the topic of disappearing women and the killers who prey on their vulnerable loneliness, she had no idea she exposed herself and others to the invisible dangers out there. When a caller called in about the dis ...more
Gloria Piper
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, young-adult
Susan is a clinical psychologist who also hosts a radio talk program. The subject of her latest program involves the unsolved murder of a woman. When clues are phoned in, they set off a series of murders, and Susan eventually finds herself targeted by the killer.

The beginning is simple, but it's not long before the story grows increasingly complex. Clark, though, adeptly keeps the characters straight for us while giving them each a unique personality. We get enough background so we have an idea
Sophie
I should remember not to read MHC back to back; it only leads to disappointment with her repetitive formulas. Particularly in You Belong to Me I had the killer picked out way in advance - not because the clues were there, but because he was the only one who *hadn't* been pointed at, which is pretty typical. I'm also getting a bit fed up with "strong" female protagonists (always lawyers, journalists, etc.) who, in spite of their insistence that they can "take care of themselves," somehow *always* ...more
Teresa TL Bruce
Feb 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ALL mystery lovers
Shelves: mystery
Another spine-tingly scary murder mystery by Mary Higgins Clark. Her writing compels readers to keep turning pages. By the time you have finished the book you will understand all the clues she laid out, but until you reach that "Aha!" moment you will begin to suspect more than one villain afoot.

Here is my NON-SPOILING summary:

Dr. Susan Chandler is a clinical psychologist who also hosts a radio call-in show. While interviewing a psychiatrist about his book on missing women, Susan relates the acco
Jyothsna
What an utter waste of a decent plot!! The book was riddled with intentionally misleading side stories and a cheap attempt to throw the reader off from guessing who the killer is, which by itself made the end obvious. A classy author like Mary Higgins Clark, did not have to resort to this.
My other complaint about this book is the lack of tightness of plot. In trying to offer every person's perspective in this book, it seems like the author instead tried to offer the reader every character's eve
Winnie's89
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is really addictive, Mary Higgins Clark takes us once again in an exciting thriller until the end, she takes us on different tracks that would suggest that this or that character is the killer (I first thought the counselor Jane Clausen, Douglas Layton then to Dr. Richards). While it is only in the last pages that we discover the real identity of the killer, I do not doubt at all that it could be Alex.
Gina
Very good book for my first book that I've read of Higgens Clark since the last time I read one of her books when I was in high school! I have so many more of her newer books and I can't wait to read more of one of mt favorite authors in high school! 4 stars!
Jeanette  "Astute Crabbist"
I read this author sometimes because I have a friend who really loves her, and she gives me the books. The stories are a tad simplistic for my tastes, but Clark writes well, and the mysteries are fun.
Elaine Cougler
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You Belong to Me by Mary Higgins Clark centers around a tlk show psychiatrist's brush with a killer of women on cruise ships. I enjoyed this because the clues were never clear and it was fu to work alongside the main character to find the murderer.
Jeanne
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like Mary Higgins Clark she is such a good author when you want a good suspence book to read. This is one of those books. It is just a good suspence book with a good twist at the end.
Mary Ruth
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good story - quick read
Sergey
Ерунда.
Jana
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book had me guess until the very end. Very good thriller/mystery.
Adrianna
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone. Get an UNABRIDGED version!
Recommended to Adrianna by: Linda Simone (mother-in-law)
My mother-in-law bought me this audio book for one of my long driving trips to and from Roseville and Eureka. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that this was an abridged copy of the novel, so it was only three hours of listening time for $9.99. Still, it was better than nothing, and I did enjoy the nostalgia feeling derived from reading a Mary Higgins Clark book. I used to be a major fan when I was in middle and high school, and I remember reading and solving these mysteries easily.

You Belong To
Sarah Nessler
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a captivating mystery. there were in fact 3 possible people in which could have committed the crimes and I thought for sure I knew who it was. But I was wrong and did not see if coming. I normally am not one to try to figure out a mystery but this time I was so sure of myself that I could not help myself. i guess it goes to show I better stick with my normal plan of letting the story unfold as it sees fit and be amazed as it twists and turns. I am never disappointed by a Mary Higgins Clark ...more
  • Silent Night: The Remarkable Christmas Truce of 1914
  • Jinxed (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #6)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • The Christmas Box
Mary Higgins Clark, #1 international and New York Times bestselling author, is the author of 46 books and counting: she’s written thirty-three suspense novels; three collections of short stories; a historical novel, Mount Vernon Love Story; two children’s books, including The Magical Christmas Horse; and a memoir, Kitchen Privileges. She has also written five holiday suspense novels with Carol Hig ...more
More about Mary Higgins Clark...