Start by marking “Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour” as Want to Read:
Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour

Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour

Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour brings together the fruits of Susan Perrow's work in storymaking. It is richly illustrated with lively anecdotes drawn from parents and teachers who have discovered how the power of story can help resolve a range of common childhood behaviours and situations such as separation anxiety, bullying, sibling rivalry, nightmares and grie ...more
Published March 27th 2008 by Hawthorn Press

To ask other readers questions about Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing Stories for Challenging Behaviour

Jocelyn Larsson
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A creative way to address trouble areas in children... or even adults. The stories get you thinking and relating to your own life without feeling like you're being targeted for "being bad". I loved it, and I will use what I learned to create my own stories for my children and my students!
Kenzie
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
What I liked most about this book were the stories from real life. Throughout the book, the author explained how she created a story and used it to help children change their behavior. These stories were very useful for seeing how to craft a good story.
The second part of the book is devoted to short stories to be told in different settings. Because my daughter is still very young, I don't know how useful these will be. They seem useful.
I have been telling short stories to my daughter--mostly da
Carrie
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book has changed the way I parent. It is a beautiful testament to the power of storytelling. My three year old daughter has been having terrible tantrums and I was at a loss as to how to honor her feelings and still control destructive behavior. While it doesn't always work, often all I need to do is say "What animal do you want me to tell you a story about?" and she will calm down enough to tell me which animal she wants to hear about. Occasionally she even starts telling the story to me. ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great resource for parents of young children. Lovely stories to help children work past challenging behaviors and to help you create your own stories for your own situations. I wish I could just do it and not tell the moral. Definitely something to work on.
Laura Rogers
I really enjoyed the resources in this book and the practical information on sharing healing stories with children. I highly recommend this book to anyone willing to share stories, whether in a classroom or home situation.
Wonderful resource!
Joyce Pinero
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: special-needs
Excellent book. Although it has lovely stories included, I loved the "how to" tips on creating your own stories, as well as the reasons why stories are good for behavior modification. I hope to use the methodology even more in the upcoming years.
Elizabeth Lymer
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book; a useful resource for beginners and experienced storytellers; hugely beneficial for the children who are read/ told the stories that come out of it.
Danielle Rocke
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: education
Another great tool in the parenting bag. It's a very gentle way to redirect behavior.
Roxanne
Oct 20, 2014 marked it as unfinished
I read a good chunk of this and it's really good stuff, but the stories are more appropriate for children a bit older than my child. I definitely plan to come back to it in the future, though.
Jenna
Apr 06, 2016 added it
Great book. Full of creative and useful stories for carious ages. I've read all the stories that relate to my age toddler and plan on referring to this book for future insight.
Sharon
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Stories are always an excellent way of getting the child to listen....
Sandra
Oct 01, 2012
Fibhaa Syed
Oct 23, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
“Ring the bells that still can ring; forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in.” 0 likes