Start by marking “Bad Boys Ahoy!” as Want to Read:
Bad Boys Ahoy!

Bad Boys Ahoy!

Oh, those naughty rakes. With their wicked winks, sensual smiles, and bad boy habits, you just can't take them out in polite society. But who wants to go out when you can stay in...?

STOLEN PLEASURES

Sebastian Blake, Earl of Merrick, long ago fled the responsibilities of his title to become the infamous pirate, Captain Phoenix. But the booty he's just captured on a merchan
Published February 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published January 9th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Boys Ahoy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Boys Ahoy!

Jacqueline
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wonder whether people were as lusty and cock obsessed in the olden days as Sylv would have us believe? One to ponder methinks...
This was three short stories in one, with some recurring characters. They all followed a similar theme, usually a reformed manwhore - and in one story, shockingly, a woman - finds true love after much bodice ripping. Really love how scandalised people are by - horrors - touching hands without gloves on and the like. I'd like to think I enjoyed a little social history
Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*
3 short stories in one book, the first bad boy being a pirate. While the characters were fun with lots of laugh out loud moments, I found them way too modern and the women too lusty-ready for the time period. I admit to skimming some of the over active bedroom..or other places love scenes, still...three fun steamy reads.
Robin
Jane Stewart
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
Enjoyable read. I enjoyed the first two stories the most. The third story was a little odd but good.

This book contains the following three stories.

4 stars for STOLEN PLEASURES. Sebastian left home to be a pirate five years ago. His father, an earl, made a marriage agreement for a cousin to pretend to be Sebastian and marry Olivia. They married, but Olivia has not yet met the cousin. On her way to England by ship, Sebastian takes over the ship carrying Olivia and learns that she is married to his
Cheryl
Overall rating for the three stories combined, 3 stars!

Stolen Pleasures- 2 stars

Unfortunately this little story suffered from Short-Story-Syndrome.. it had very little depth, was at times hard to follow, and didn't really make a whole lot of sense!

Lucien's Gamble- 4 stars

I really enjoyed this gem of a short story! It flowed well and had plenty of believable passion and steam! This story played with all of my senses.. it felt very real to me -as if I were in the story myself!

I did have a sense
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Dec 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: If you think sex is the solution to every freakin' thing in the world!
Sandra (LadyGrey Reads)
Since this book consisted of three separate but slightly intertwining stories, I'm going to review those separately

Stolen Pleasures, rated 3/5
Despite the fact that the idea of being kidnapped by a roguishly handsome pirate in the Caribbean sounds really hot, I found that I did not, at all, like the female lead - Olivia. Rating was only thanks to the parts told from the POV of Sebastian Blake/Captain Phoenix, whom I really enjoyed.

Lucien's Gamble, rated 4/5
Lucien Remington has shown up in every s
Brenda
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG I forgot how amazing Sylvia Day is!

Stolen Pleasures - 4.5 stars

Good Lord! One of the best I've read in a while. He's so... breathtaking. I've never had a thing for pirates but, damn, now I do. Sebastian... mmm I love that name :3

Lucien's Gamble - 3.5 stars

I liked Julienne, the female lead of this story, a lot.

Her Mad Grace - 3 stars

I tend to dislike (a little bit) women who has the same trust issues I have. Crazy, right? I have to work on that.

I loved this anthology. Sylvia Day, please more
Penny
Dec 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
I read this book under the name of "Scandalous Liaisons." I only made it through 12 pages but it was the best laugh I've had in ages! Though I don't think it was supposed to be a hilarious comedy. It was reminiscent of silent movies in it's overblown emotional gestures. It skipped any semblance of a plot and went right into heaving bosoms and hard nipples. Tears ran down my face as I laughed about how ridiculous it was. Seriously, find something else to read!
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Apr 04, 2010 rated it liked it
This book consists of 3 short stories in which the characters at various times interact with one another.
The stories are steamy but not blazing hot and my favorite of the three was Lucien's Gamble.
At times I found the writing choppy and a little hard to follow but for the most part I found this book a good but not great read.
♔ Marli ♔
This definitley qualifies as one of my favourite books!!.

Three delicious short stories with naughty Heroes & strong independent Heroines. Each offered their own plots, challenges & likable characters. Hot love story & love scenes.

I absolutely LOVE the old English writing style, they just seem to have a way with words that makes you swa-ooon!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Stacie
Feb 08, 2008 added it
This is a book with three stories from the same author. The stories do stand alone but have the characters from the other stories intermixed in them. There is nothing that really stands out about this book. It was just a quick, light read.
ALM188
This was a compilation of three novellas. I liked the first two, but Hugh's story in the last novella was a little rushed and odd. But all were entertaining as always and I love seeing the characters from the previous historicals as well.
♛✨  Christine ♛✨
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Three hot historical romances. My fav - Lucians gamble :)
Erik09
Oct 12, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: all ages under30
I wish she wrote Bad girls2
Annelise
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was so much fun and hot and short. Times three. Thank you Sylvia, your stories are always enjoyable.
Megan
Stolen Pleasures- 2 stars. British West Indies, 1813. Olivia has married Lord Merrick by proxy in the West Indies and is now sailing home to England to start her married life as Lady Merrick. That is until a pirate takes her ship as his own. That pirate would be Sebastian, Lord Merrick. He's as puzzled as she is. They sail to England to figure out what happened (view spoiler) ...more
Kelly
Jun 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realise before picking 'Scandalous Liaisons' up that it was actually three novellas in one. There is a reason that I usually avoid novellas; they cannot be as developed as a full length novel and so something has gotta give.

The characters were good enough to read about, and actually, I really enjoyed the premise of the novellas but they just weren't as complex as I wanted and they didn't evolve very well. Everything was lust/love at first sight. There was no slow building of romance or
Ana Fernandes
Part One

Read this one at work and had a really nice time with it. I'm a sucker for a good pirate :)
But in all honesty, I loved how the relationship was forced to change and adapt when faced with the harsh reality of Society! And I just about died when I realized that towards the end there we (the reader) knew something the male protagonist didn't. made the whole thing a bit more intimate

Part Two
This one was fun but fell a little flat to me. Don't really have a lot to say here

Pa
TinaMarie
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Simcyn
Jan 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a bunch of childish dribble in the first book. I know, I know, the kindergarten posturing on his part was the bones of the story, but I just can't stand stand a weak male counterpart of a romance. I'm not crazy about a weak female either, but I'm not as big on that point.

The second and third books were sweet. Angst centering about the class structure of the the times.

I knew going in that it was more erotica than romance and I was right about that. It's hard to get the romance with short st
Kl
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am not a fan of short, short stories. I only read the first one and then realized that this was a collection of short stories. My fault but I didn't read the other stories. 322 pages should be the start of a story not the compilation of 3 stories.
But...the first one, albeit short was well written.
Akina
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 stories - Short but sweet

Each story was interesting but they were too short to be believable in most instances. The author writes very well. Some editing is needed in the digital version. Many scenes begin and end abruptly with no spacing considerations.
Coral
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
*SBTB Quarterly Challenge- January 4. National Spouses Day: Read a book with a couple who are or were married.*
3.5 stars but I'll average up. First story with the married-by-proxy pirate was best. Lucien was pretty good too.
Amee
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant! Lovely to read some of the back stories for character in some of Sylvia's other books. Well paced, steamy.
Yolonda
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Listen to on audio. Terrible I only finished first one. I couldn’t take anymore of narrator.
Mary Silvestri
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Funny read. I thoroughly enjoyed all three stories. I also liked that all the stories were interconnected. Any one will enjoy this book.
Marya
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. A little too smutty for me.
Ngarie
мєℓ
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like the 1st story
Love the second one
And the last and third one was nice
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
romance 1 2 Apr 06, 2014 11:27AM

• Perfect Kisses
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Warfare and Sin City (Marked #3.2, #3.5)
  • Alluring Tales: Awaken the Fantasy
  • Lords of Passion
  • Fascinated
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Parlor Games
  • Guns and Roses (PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher, #8.5; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Magic and Mayhem
  • Steamlust
  • The Education of Madeline (Plum Creek, #1)
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • Wicked Reads
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Seasons of Seduction I
  • Tell It To The Marines
  • Bad Boys Down Under
  • Really Unusual Bad Boys
Sylvia Day is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, #1 Sunday Times, #1 Globe and Mail, #1 Der Spiegel, and #1 international bestselling author of over twenty award-winning novels sold in more than forty countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in twenty-eight countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit the author at www.sylviaday.com
“I don't believe I will ever understand men. The more I learn about them, the less they make sense” 3 likes
“The feel of her skin against his was heaven. And hell. He glanced down at their joined hands, hers so pale, so tiny and delicate. Lucien remembered the feel of those hands on his body, their gentle exploration belying her ravenous hunger for him. Knowing he would soon lose her touch forever made his heart ache.” 2 likes