Start by marking “Cut, Crop & Die (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cut, Crop & Die (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #2)

Cut, Crop & Die

(Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery #2)

All it took was one scone.

Tainted icing triggers a rare allergy, and a hobbyist croaks at a scrapbooking crop sponsored by Time in a Bottle, the store where Kiki Lowenstein works. When it comes out that someone swiped the victim's emergency medication, the scrappers realize they have a murder on their hands, and the entire community jumps to point the finger at Kiki and h

Published June 8th 2009 by Midnight Ink

To ask other readers questions about Cut, Crop & Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut, Crop & Die

Meg
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It took me a little to get going but once I did it zoomed along. There were moments of repetition but otherwise a good read.
Corky
May 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010, mystery
Kiki is a "character" much the way Stephanie Plum is a "character". Thos of you reading this that read Janet Evanovich will certainly understand that statement.

Kiki Lowenstein is a newly widowed scrapbooker, whose passion and hobby is now supporting her and her daughter Anya. She gets some help with her daughter from her very wealthy, and very opinionated mother in law.

In this mystery, the second of the series, a fellow scrapbooker dies at a local conference organized by Kiki's boss. What Kiki g
Diane Rapp
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Clever Story Kept Me Reading
The plot thickens when a scrapbooker attending a crop is murdered. This bodes badly for their store as no one really liked the woman, so Kiki tries to unravel the mystery. She's nearly overwhelmed by bad events. The clever story kept me reading until the wee hours.
Susan Swiderski
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'm not into scrapbooking, but that doesn't mean I didn't thoroughly enjoy this story about a bunch of ladies who are. When a less-than-popular gal keels over at a big scrapbooking event, there's no lack of suspects. Along with the whodunit mystery, this book contains other interesting side stories and welcome doses of humor. My favorite involves a rich socialite's ongoing battle with a bunch of lawn-ruining moles. (Think Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"... only in high heels and a Chanel suit...)

The
Veronica Noechel
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Unfortunately, I let this linger in my "currently reading" section for far too long, so this may not be the most detailed review. This wasn't my favorite in the series, but I didn't have that "I wish I had read something else instead" feeling either. I'm curious to see where this series is going. I'm a scrapbooking nerd as well as a true crime/forensics dork so these are up my alley, but I'm hoping we get to see the regular characters gain some more depth and their own compelling storylines sinc ...more
Sheila
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This continues the Kiki Lowenstein series. A rival scrapbooker is murdered at a crop that Dodie and Kiki are hosting. Suspicion falls on all who knew her because none liked her. Now Kiki needs to solve the murder since her friends are being questioned by the police. Also new men are popping up in Kiki's sphere.

I loved this mystery. It was well written but I did figure out the motive and who did it. Some revelations come out that shocked me. Kiki and Sheila are getting along but how long will th
Brooke
Mar 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read! It made me laugh out loud &, of course, being a scrapper, I loved the incorporated tips & techniques!! I can't wait to read the first one (which I missed) & this book definitely left an opening for a third!! Looking forward to it! =)
Linda
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bingo, challenge
I'm really enjoying this series. There is a lot going on in Kiki's life and I can't wait to see what happens next. I was also proud of myself for figuring out whodunit pretty early for me and also figuring out the motive as well.
Leigh Mitchell
May 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read :)
jimtown
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
What is it about these Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mysteries? Is this what they call a cozy mystery? "Cozy mysteries, also referred to as "cozies", are a subgenre of crime fiction in which sex and violence are downplayed or treated humorously, and the crime and detection take place in a small, socially intimate community." Wikipedia I imagine so. They're more fun than truly intense. In a series, if you like the personality of the main character, it's fun to follow their exploits, no matter how ...more
Judy
Jun 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy, mysteries
Another good entry in the Kiki Lowenstein mystery series, this one has a former client who has been banned from the Time in a Bottle scrap/booking shop dying at a crop hosted by Time in a Bottle at an event put together by a consortium of independent scrap-booking shops. The owner of another local shop does her best to use the murder to kill Time in a Bottle's business, but Kiki is on the case, along with Detweiler. Besides the decent mystery, there is good character development as Kiki becomes ...more
Bev
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, beach-read
This book was a hoot. Kiki is a great character, so easy to like, she's so down to earth with the same insecurities that we all have. I think I could sit, have a diet Dr Pepper & scrap with her for awhile. I loved how we got to really know her mother-in-law Sheila in this book. Sheila has become a crazy lady over moles. The author introduced us to the softer side of her and I really had to laugh at some her antics in this book. It just goes to show that it doesn't take much for each of us to ...more
Kathy Harris
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEYOND WELL WRITTEN

Oh how I wish I could give more than five stars! Ms. Slan is a WRITER!! Not just a hack stringing words with no meaning on a page. She is an honest-to-god writer who does her art brilliantly. I love books with characters I can understand and relate to. Kiki, all her friends, and frien-amies are people I know and see almost every day. Yes, I understand that someday the series will end; but until that sad day arrives I'm going to continue enjoying every bit of these stories! Hec
Mary Mathews
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is a murder mystery with a side of scrap booking lessons. Kiki Lowenstein is a fun character, though she can be really dumb. Come on, this is the woman who, in the first book, took her dead husband's partner's word that her husband owed him millions of dollars and just handed it over without asking for proof or for her share in the business.

The cast of characters are entertaining and believable.
Genevieve Bomes
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kiki is back and at a scrapbooking crop a hateful woman who has just won an award gets murdered and the shop Kiki works at is under suspicion as is her best friend. Kiki rushes to clear all their names.
This series gets better and better. I love the characters and the story lines. This one kept me guessing to the end. I really like the fact that besides the murder line there are a lot of side stories that keep you glued to the pages of the book.
Krystyna
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Another poorly formatted book

Another disappointing read in that paragraphs were repeated, some parts of new chapters were missing. Made reading and making sense of the book a nightmare. The plot (from what I can make out) was good but trying to insert missing material and ignore others was really not what I expected. Will I read any more - not unless it is guaranteed that the book was actually readable.
Kristie
It’s been awhile since I read the first book and don’t recall much of it (although my review tells me I loved it). I found this book to be a bit slow. There were a few surprising twists that I wasn’t expecting, but it’s more from a potential love triangle than the mystery itself. The scrapbooking aspect was a blast from the past, since trends and times have changed so much from when this book was released.
ELIZABETH SPELLIOUS
Good read.

This book held my interest until the very end. I almost didn't start reading when I saw that there were so many chapters. I like to be able to read books before going to bed. So usually pick books I can read in an hour and a half. I am really glad I choose to read this book it is really good.
Karin
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kiki, when are you going to learn to stay out of the way of murderers??? When everyone is a suspect, who do you trust? Kiki figures it out, almost too late. Another Kiki book that I enjoyed and recommend.
Darlene Emanuel
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Since I am a scrapper I just loved this book. Loved the story line with it and
all the terminology. Felt it could have been our group except for the nastiness! lol
I have great scrapbooking friends!!!
Deborah Yunevich
Kiki is amazing

Kiki Lowenstein the amateur sleuth has struck again. A unlikable scrap booker, who just won an award, is murdered at a big event and the Time in a bottle crew is blamed. There is a lot things going in in this book, including new beaus for Kiki.
Beth
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'm now invested in Kiki's life and times, but the amount of sturm and drang i'n her life is a bit much. I'll here on out look for her at the library or the used book store.

Slan's writing remains articulate and engaging, but I'm not sure I'm in it for the whole ride.
Arow
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Definitely an improvement over the first in the series. Kiki is growing as a person and comes across as a bit more realistic. I have liked the character development and will be starting book 3 shortly.
Nancy Phy
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic story

Wow another great book in this series. I love Kiki because she reminds me of me. Miss Slan keep you on the edge of your and guessing all the way to the end. Would recommend this series to all mystery lovers.
Patricia Grigg
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second book in the series was just as satisfying to read as the first one. I recommend anyone looking for a read that is relaxing and full of mystery try at least the first book. Again I thank the author.
Britt, Book Habitue
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Probably 3.5 It's been long enough since I read the first one that I don't remember much, so I'm unsure if Kiki was always this insecure and kind of annoying or if that's new to this one. The romance storyline(s) made me want to hit something. Not sure if I'll read the next one or not.
Susan Moxley
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner with lots of twists and turns and lots of mystery and action to the very end of the book.
Diane Spurlin
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book

Love this author she has a great story line with such imaginative people. Her plot is great leaving you wondering what’s happening.
Patricia A. Marshall
The stories are silly but funny and I enjoy them. I lightens the day and gives me some laughs.
I hope you'll try and enjoy them too.
Darlene C Robold
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twists, turns, and I can’t wait for more

Lots of growth in personalities and relationships, and plenty of surprises. Well done series and the main characters have a lot of depth.
Watered down mystery 3 16 Apr 28, 2013 05:49AM
  • Assault with a Deadly Glue Gun (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery #1)
  • Antiques Bizarre (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #4)
  • Getting Away is Deadly (A Mom Zone Mystery, #3)
  • Scrapped (A Cumberland Creek Mystery #2)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Wild Goose Chase (A Quilting Mystery, #1)
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Force of Habit (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation #1)
  • Bingo Barge Murder (A Shay O'Hanlon Caper, #1)
  • Tragic Magic (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #7)
  • Heaven Preserve Us (Home Crafting Mystery, #2)
  • Death Tidies Up (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #2)
  • Two Widows and the Thrift Store Murders
  • If Errands Could Kill (Minivan Mom Mystery, #1)
  • A Brisket, a Casket (A Deadly Deli Mystery, #1)
  • Silenced by the Yams (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #3)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
  • Design on a Crime (A Deadly Décor Mystery, #1)
National bestselling and award-winning author Joanna Campbell Slan was born in Jacksonville, Florida, but she grew up in a small town in Indiana. After graduating from Ball State University with a degree in journalism, she worked as a newspaper reporter, a newspaper ad salesperson, a television talk show host, a college teacher, a public relations professional, and a motivational speaker. In that ...more

Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Love, Die, Neighbor (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery #0)
  • Paper, Scissors, Death (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #1)
  • Ink, Red, Dead (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #3)
  • Photo, Snap, Shot (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #4)
  • Make, Take, Murder (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #5)
  • Ready, Scrap, Shoot (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #6)
  • Picture Perfect Corpse (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #7)
  • Group, Photo, Grave (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #8)
  • Killer, Paper, Cut (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #9)
  • Handmade Holiday Homicide (Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-n-Craft Mystery, #10)
“I can't understand people being rude to their spouses. Your husband or wife should be the one person in the world you treat with loving patience. He or she chose you above all others-for a lifetime! And yet I see women who are nicer to their girlfriends, and men who are more thoughtful toward their employees. That's meshuganeh. Friends come and go. Employees move on. Your partner is there for the long haul. He deserves your best every day of your life.” 2 likes