Start by marking “Gray Apocalypse” as Want to Read:
Gray Apocalypse

Gray Apocalypse

An alien species is positioning an enormous asteroid to strike planet Earth, eradicate the human race, and replace mankind with millions of hybrid alien creations. A flawed but determined hero, Michael Kendon, steps out of the ranks of humanity to confront the alien Goliath. The powerful fuel of his humanity ultimately enables him to prevail.
Published April 1st 2009 by Demand Publications

To ask other readers questions about Gray Apocalypse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gray Apocalypse

Travis
May 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Gray Apocalypse by James Murdoch- This is a science fiction story and it is James Murdoch's first novel.

In 1954, a collaboration between the United States and an alien species formed. The two sides, would give each other things to either advance the technology or help understand humanity, but this was all done in secrecy. Little did the one's dealing know that the aliens would be Earth's downfall. It's up to Michael Kendon, a former assassin for the secret group, and the daughter of
Monie
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
In the course of one day an asteroid projected to pass a million miles from earth is suddenly redirected on a collision course with our planet. Projected to impact near Puerto Rico, this asteroid will destroy all forms of life leaving the planet free to become the home of The Breeders and their human hybrids.

Taken from an orphanage at a very young age, Michael Kendon was trained as a Directorate assassin. For many years he carried out his job with no hesitation but once Michael learned of the c
Drew
Apr 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
Considering the number of good reviews this book got online, I was pretty disappointed. The writing and dialogue are not very good, and the most promising part of the story (60 years of government collaboration with a coming alien invasion, and the failed resistance movement within that collaboration) is burned through in the first 10 pages, leaving nothing but a ridiculously overqualified and heavily armed hero with a surprisingly straightforward path to stopping a meteor from crushing the plan ...more
Linda B
Jun 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love a good conspiracy theory and of course, government/UFO conspiracies are at the top of the list to provide intrigue and excitement. When the prologue of Gray Apocalypse makes your hair stand on end, you know that you better hang on and get ready for a thrilling ride.

James Murdoch did not just write a UFO story. Instead, he started with the conspiracies we are familiar with, the UFO sightings, alien grays and the underground bases, and took them to a new level with a well-planne
Avanders
This is a good, page-turning, sci-fi, thriller. I would say it is in line with the Dan Browns and the Grishams of the world.... but the writing is a little bit novice. The author is quite adept at enticing the reader to turn the page to find out "what next?!" However, it seemed apparent to me, whether true or not, that the author had taken some tricks on "how to write a novel" and gone just a little too far with them.

In particular, there were a few sentiments that were repeated in *o
Monica
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Gray Apocalypse is a book that keeps you wanting more. Once you start reading, Gray Apocalypse, you won't be able to stop. James Murdoch has written a fantastic Science Fiction Thriller in Gray Apocalypse.

The Breeder Grays are the aliens that have been abducting humans for six decades. Their ultimate goal is to destroy all human life on Earth. So that the hybrids they have created can begin a new alien species on Earth.

Michael Kendon is the only one that can stop the Bree
Betty-Anne
In Gray Apocalypse, James Murdoch takes the basic alien storyline and gives it his own spin. This is a fast-paced thriller full of action and adventure. The short chapters make it an easy read that I was able to complete in a single afternoon.

While I had one or two small problems with the book – namely a few clichés and a couple of plot elements and character behaviours that were almost too perfect, and thus didn’t quite ring true – on the whole the story was strong enough to keep me reading to
Vincy
Sep 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: philip-must-read
I found it amazing that this is Murdoch's first novel. Yes, it was more brain candy than literature. There were some stumbling blocks and it was utterly predictable. Yet it flowed well and was amazingly readable. It reminds me a bit of the DaVinci Code. Something that would appeal to a large group of people and would be easy to understand even if the reader was not well versed in the topics at hand. [return][return]I found it formulaic and the main character suffered from being too much of a her ...more
Tami
Aug 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
We’ve all been fools. It’s the worst kind of conspiracy. Not only has the government been lying to us but it could mean the end of humanity.

For years aliens have been abducting, testing, and experimenting on humans. The frightening part is that the government has known about these experiments since the Roosevelt era. Without any other option, they even condoned the breeding projects that these aliens conducted. Even if they had known the intentions of the aliens, could they have stood against t
Xarah
Jul 30, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
A fast-paced story complete with aliens! In some respects it reminded me of the alien/human conspiracy in the X-Files. I wonder if the author was influenced by the series.

A point of contention: the main characters were able to influence/convince others to help them a little too easily. It didn't seem real that people would completely believe that an asteroid was coming to Earth under the control of aliens and these same aliens were out to destroy the human race.

I would li
Sharon
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
An excellent sci-fi story filled with action and suspense! There are only three days left before the Earth is destroyed by a giant astroid which is being guided by aliens.

Michael Kendon is a former assassin and healer who is the sole survivor of a resistance movement and he is Earth's only hope for survival. He has only three suspense-filled days left to locate a special weapon used to deflect the astroid and he has the help of Laura Meller, daughter of the deceased leader of the res
Catrina
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Gray apocalypse is a book that you can't put down. The action starts on the very first page and doesn't stop until the last. It is unlike anything I have ever read. I became absorbed in the book and it's characters, which James Murdoch describes in a way that they become alive while you are reading. He creates a vivid world in which the citizens of earth are unaware of an entire underground community which has covered up the existence of alien species and their genetic experiments, as well as th ...more
Cheryl
Apr 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes thrillers and or sci-fi
Shelves: own
I would describe this book as a Sci-Fi Thriller! I happen to love both, so this book was great for me. You get to know the characters quickly, but well. I love the way the author gets to the point but at the same time, gives the reader plenty of information to know what's going on. Very well written. By the end, you are there with them helping to...well, I'll let you read it yourself. I loved it!
Michael
Feb 10, 2010 rated it did not like it
I am glad I read this book. Not because it was good, but because it helped me realize how hard it is to be a writer. I think we take for granted how hard it is to describe objects and how hard it might be to write a realistic conversation. This book was written very poorly. The story was OK but I literally found myself laughing at some of the descriptions and conversations in the book. Don;t waste your time on it.
Nicole
May 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Another one I had trouble getting into initially, but I'm I glad I stuck with it. My bias for a good love story definitely shows here; my interest picked up once the two potential couples started interacting. The way all the plot pieces intertwine to create the resolution made this book well worth my time.
Tim
Jan 28, 2009 marked it as to-read
A pyschic healer/assassin (choosing neither but forced to do both, oh the drama!) who stops those cute little gray aliens from using a big rock to destroy the Earth by teaming up with the daughter of a scientist he assassinated who had created some silly rock-deflect sci-fi device? This plot sounds too ludicrous not to read.
David Blaylock
Apr 22, 2009 marked it as to-read
The author of this book signed it and mailed to to me FREE!
Jason
rated it did not like it
Jul 25, 2011
susie  hawes
Apr 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
good solid plotting, strong character development
Lyssa