Start by marking “The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)

The Tycoon's Rebel Bride

(The Anetakis Tycoons #2)

Tycoon Theron Anetakis had only one problem--and she just walked through his door. With his business takeover complete, he'd intended to arrange a marriage for himself to further secure his future. However...Little Isabella Caplan had blossomed into a voluptuous vixen with plans of her own, and they didn't include letting the executor of her father's estate also arrange a ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Desire, #1944, 192 pages
Published May 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published January 1st 2009)

Start your review of The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)
ren ♡
Honestly, I'm never going to understand rich people and their rich people problems... 😂

I have no aversion to pining heroines, in fact, they can be quite cute when written well! But I can't say this story did that. The hero was oddly dim witted for a Tycoon and the heroine was just so immature. All in all, I think the hero and the heroine were both deserving of each other because they were both equally infuriating. The only person I was cheering for was Alannis, who the hero had set out to marry.
StMargarets
I had to add a shelf for this - there aren't that many heroine chasing the hero books and I don't seek them out. But this is such a story and here we are.

So this heroine is no rebel bride. She's a spoiled rich girl who has set her sights on the hero - the middle tycoon in the trio of brothers who make up this series. She has had a crush on him since she was young and is hoping that her close proximity (and tattoo and naval ring and cropped tops) will make him forget his role as protector / guar
Kiki
Ok, this one is my favourite in the whole collection. Clearly Theron has both grey cells and a little bit of a heart along with the P, compared to his massive asshole brothers! May be he was adopted!
The heroine is childish. But I forgave her. It wasn't even about her for me. The book to me about how it is not emasculating for a hero to be humbled.
Here's why I liked this book.
1. He remained celibate after meeting the "grown up" heroine. Let's admit it, if he felt anything beforehand, it'd have be
Jasbell76
I liked the book, it was entertaining and fun but it wasn't amazing. I felt the was something missing in the romance, I don't know... Even though I never stopped read it since I started the story, I wanted the hero more passionated, but it was a surprise that heroine was who pursued him! :D
I didn't like the favor the heroine's best friend asked her, while I was reading, I said "No, no, no! Please don't do that, the hero wouln't like that! Say NO to her"
I could never do a favor like that :/ in t
Julie (jjmachshev)
May 08, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009-reads
I find myself thoroughly underwhelmed by "The Tycoon's Rebel Bride". I like Maya Banks' writing, apparently I like it better when her heroines and heroes have more to offer than cliches. I realize that when writing for category romance there's less flexibility with a plot line. I also know that the editors probably wield a wicked red pen. But I still need characters with character and a plot that I can pretend to believe.

Isabella is in love with Theron. She's been in love with him since she was
Jenny
Mar 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: heroine-i-hated
To quote another review: "Isabella was childish. She was only concerned with her feelings and her wants - it didn't matter if those around her got affected by her actions. She wasn't so much a rebel bride as a spoilt rich girl." ...more
Vashti
Mar 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Reread 5/4,still an enjoyable read.
Missy
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A nice series read.

Sweet little Isabella has been in love with sexy Theron forever but getting him to see her as a woman is tough going. He became her guardian so to him any such thoughts are forbidden and to keep his mind there, he will make himself an arranged marriage for business purposes and arrange a loveless marriage for Isabella too.

Finding out his plans makes her more determined than ever to seduce him to save them both, but getting up the nerve is hard as she really has no experience.
Mou
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.
Cheesecake
I love these old school Maya Banks Harlequins.
But this one was a little TOOOooo old school for me.
It bothered me that Bella's only goal was to get married to Theron. There's no mention whatsoever of what she'd like to do with her life other than be married to Theron.
All I could think of was, 'Girl... you need to get a LIFE!'

But, it was entertaining and I did enjoy it quite a bit. This is especially surprising, since I generally avoid books where the h chases the H.
And she chases him big time.
Kelli
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ohhh this book made me feel something! It was like candy - delicious and naughty. I don't care that others are calling it cliched or unbelievable or archaic. I loved it. I ate it up. It was exactly what I love about a historical book mixed with exactly what I love with novellas and contemporary romance.
I'm a sucker for a quick, sexy read with a bossy alpha hero who is sideswiped by the heroine, and has no idea that she's slowly bit by bit wrapping him around her finger.
I have a habit of jumping
Melody Cox
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
I loved 'The Anetakis Tycoon's' books one and three which I read before this book but this was such a let-down.

I'm not sure how to explain it but there was just a disconnect in this story for me. I kept waiting for something to click but it never did.

I thought the hero brought a lot of this on himself because he was too cowardly to tell the heroine he was getting engaged to someone else. When there is another woman involved making it a bit of a triangle it is disconcerting for this reader. I can
Verity
May 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: banks-maya
Not bad for a Silhouette, but in the end I didn't feel like they were in luv, it's more like lust on both sides. I think if they'd spent more time to get to know each other, I'd have believed that their mutual attraction was based on more than just physical attributes. I like guardian - ward theme but in this case, instead of luring him thru' her own personalities as a more worthy & compatible lifemate for Theron than Alannis (his almost-fiancee), Bella tries too hard in her mission (w/ the help ...more
Janie
August 07 2015 reread
Rating: 4.5 stars

Even after rereading this book, I still find it as refreshing as when I first read it. I usually don't like stories where the heroine chases the hero, but this was very enjoyable!

Would have loved to read the other books in this series, and I tried them! But I can't get past the non-Virgin heroine hurdle. Don't know how I used to be able to read non Virgin heroine, but nowadays can't stand the thought of it.
Raffaella
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved this one, it was a really nice and funny reading, with also a touch of angst in it. Belle is a 22 year old who’s always been in love with the hero, that is her guardian. Now she’s finished her studies and wants him. So she plans to seduce him, even if he’s about to propose to a woman he thinks suitable as his bride. The dumb hero plans to find her a husband as soon as he can, the heroine wants to prevent his engagement. Then there is a stripper bf, a club, so much passion and of course m ...more
Jac K
I read the paperback (The Tycoon's Rebel Bride) years ago, and stumbled on a free copy so I thought I’d revisit. This is Theron’s story (the nice brother) and Bella. Bella is not the typical soapy virgin h; she has moxie, and goes after what she wants… which is Theron. Theron has decided it’s time to “settle down” now that he’s laying roots in NYC; he plans on proposing to Alannis, a respectable Greek woman whom he has a close friendship with. That won't happen if Bella gets her way.

Bottom line-
Ishara Dasruth
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this book as much as the first one in the series. Bella just plain irritated me. I have read many books with heroines of a similar age, but this one was simply too juvenile for my taste.
 Abril Sol
This was ridiculous.
amanda s.
Thank God it's not as angsty as Chrysander and Marley's story! Because the angsty level of Maya Banks is alaways THIS high!

Theron's thirty two years old, handsome, rich and soon-to-be married. But suddenly he has to be the guardian of twenty two years old Isabella. Bella, she's been in love with Theron since a little girl, found out that he's going to get married, determined to seduced her. But apparently, her plan worked out all too well..

Kind of expecting Theron to be much gentler tha Chrysa
Karyn
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
They were both annoying.. Isabella was childish and Theron was an idiot.

Theron, besides the handsome physical description, didn't have much else going for him. He always seemed the last to know or figure things out.. i liked his brother from book 1 The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (The Anetakis Tycoons Series, #1) a lot be
Lynsey A
It took me awhile to get through this book. I guess the whole idea of this story line just wasn't exciting for me. The girl chasing the guy just wasn't interesting to me. There were some decent angsty parts but not enough that I felt this book should get added to my "angsy goodness" shelf.

I will probably wait a bit before reading another Desire book by Maya Banks. I am in no rush to read Piers's story.
Susan (susayq ~)
Another great Maya Banks book! Words can't describe how much I utterly LOVED Isabella in this book! She was witty, sly, slightly manipulative, and totally in love with Theron. She knew exactly who she wanted and figured out how to get him. Of course, Theron being a man and all, he never knew what hit him until it was too late ;0)

I just might have to go find the others in this series :)
Tia
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
This novel deals with Bella and Theron. Bella has been in love with Theron since she could remember but when her father died, he made Theron her guardian. Now Theron in trying to marry her off to the first eligible bachelor. However Bella has other plans and that includes marrying Theron and taking him to bed.
shms
Sep 27, 2011 rated it liked it
This was a re-read for me and it went from 2* to 3*. I can't remember reading it first time round, this time I enjoyed this one. Liked the h chasing the H, the amusing almost light hearted tone of the book. The wrap up is super quick but that's not unusual from most series romances.

Shatarupa  Dhar
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have joined Manali Dey, a friend on Bookstagram, for the #MillsandBoonReadathon for which we are reading 18 books, coz it's '18! This is Book 14.

Now that Chrysander Anetakis and his wife, Marley, have settled down on Anetakis island; the running of their New York office lies on the shoulders of Theron Anetakis (the middle brother). Theron has traded places with Chrysander, leaving him the responsibility of their London office. Moreover, after facing disloyalty of epic proportions from such clo
CAROLYN Wyman
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Theron wants what his brother Chrysander has found - love and happiness (and eventually children) but he decides a wife will help him get those things - so he plans to propse to a lng time family friend. Unfortunately in walks Isabella. Isabella is the daughter of a long time family friend- one who has asked that if he dies - They would be her Guardian. Isabella has plans that go beyond just being a ward - she has secretly been in love with him for many years - and she plans on getting what she ...more
Susan in Perthshire
Mar 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Reacherfan
Jun 28, 2009 rated it liked it
For a short novel, this one isn't bad, but neither is it original in any way. Maya Banks is a skilled enough writer that even such standard fare was reasonably entertaining, albeit trite. It's the usual Greek super rich guy, Theron, has plans to marry a modest Greek woman of an equally wealthy family. His plans are thrown for a loop by the arrival if the young woman, Isabella, that his older brother has been distantly looking after her father's death. As trustees for her estate until she marries ...more
Donna
Apr 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2012
Fun light-hearted read. Second book in the trilogy that started with The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress. Nice change from the first in that Theron isn't as much of a dark and brooding hero as his brother Chrysander. (Has anyone else noted how often the heroes in the first book of a series are presented as darker, harsher, and more troubled than the heroes in subsequent books in the series.) Much more humour in this story. Banks did a great job showing Theron being driven to distraction by Bella's an ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The World of Maya...: * 2.The Tycoon's Rebel Bride 3 14 Aug 24, 2013 04:28PM

• The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • The Marriage Betrayal (The Volakis Vow #1)
  • Secret Baby, Convenient Wife
  • The Secret Beneath the Veil
  • Pregnancy of Passion
  • Wife by Contract, Mistress by Demand
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • The Tycoon's Bride
  • The Sheikh Crowns His Virgin (Billionaires at the Altar #3)
  • Wedding Night Reunion in Greece (Passion in Paradise Book 1)
  • The Spanish Billionaire's Pregnant Wife (Virgin Brides, Arrogant Husbands, #3)
  • Reunited by a Shock Pregnancy
  • Forgiven But Not Forgotten? (DePiero Siblings, #2)
  • The Sicilian's Unexpected Duty (Irresistible Sicilians, #2)
  • Pregnancy of Revenge
  • The Bellini Bride
  • Bought by the Greek Tycoon
  • The Italian Demands His Heirs (Billionaires at the Altar #2)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

The Anetakis Tycoons (3 books)
  • The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)
  • The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons, #3)

Related Articles

Take a glance at the romance section in any bookstore and you'll see a tempting assortment of shirtless hunks, breathless duchesses,...
“I want him to burn for me, to not be able to go a day without touching me, holding me, caressing me. He’ll be an excellent lover. I want a man who knows how to please me,” 23 likes
“Would you like to take a walk with me?” she asked. “I always walk on the beach in the mornings when you’re working. That is, if you aren’t too busy?”

He caught her hand and brought it to his lips. “I’m not too busy for you and our child. But should you be resting?”

An exasperated shriek left her lips, startling him with her ferocity. She yanked her hand from him and parked both of her fists on her hips.

“Do I look like I need to be resting?” Anger and disappointment burned in her eyes. “Look, Chrysander, if you don’t want to spend time with me, just say so, but stop throwing out your pat ‘You need to be resting’ line.”

She turned and stalked farther down the beach, leaving him there feeling like she’d punched him in the stomach. He ran a hand through his hair as he watched her hurry away, and then he strode after her, his feet kicking up sand as he closed the distance between them.

“Marley! Marley, wait,” he called as he caught her elbow.

When he turned her around, he was gutted by the tears streaking down her cheeks. She turned her face away and swiped blindly at her eyes with her other hand.

“Please, just go away,” she choked out. “Go do whatever it is you do with your time. I’ll wait for my appointment with you in the afternoon.”

It came out bitter and full of hurt, and he realized that he hadn’t fooled her at all with the distance he put between them.

He reached for her chin and gently tugged until she faced him. With his thumb, he wiped at a tear that slipped over her cheekbone.

“You aren’t an appointment, Marley.”

“No?” She yanked away from his touch and retreated a few feet until there was a respectable distance between them. “I’ve tried to be patient and understanding even though I don’t understand any of it. Us. You or even me. I can’t figure you out, Chrysander, and I’m tired of trying. I’ve tried to be strong and undemanding, but I can’t do it anymore. I’m scared to death. I don’t know who I am. I wake up one day to find myself pregnant, and there’s a stranger by my bed who says he’s my fiancé and the father of my child. One would think this would tell me that at least I was loved and cherished, but nothing you’ve done has made me feel anything but confusion. You run hot and cold, and I never know which one to expect. I can’t do this.”

Coldness wrapped around Chrysander’s chest, squeezing until he couldn’t draw a breath. “What are you saying?” he demanded.”
0 likes