Start by marking “The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia, #5)

The Beloved Land (Song of Acadia #5)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  1,731 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
The start of the American Revolution puts both Nicole and Anne in danger. A bestselling and award-winning historical series! Book 5 of Song of Acadia.
Audiobook
Published December 1st 2006 by Blackstone Audiobooks (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Beloved Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beloved Land

Mariah
Apr 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me a month to finish because I kept listening to it in pieces. It was really interesting, but I wish I read all the books before first. Also, the only reason I started listening to it was because I have a tape player in my car and I just happened to come across this tape.
Olivia
This is a satisfying end to the Acadian series. Following all the main characters from the previous books, you get an insight into each of their lives and you are left with your imagination for their future.

Thomas and Anne return to Georgetown to visit ailing Andrew, while Nicole and Gordon are married and seeking peace in the war torn American colonies. John Price tells Catherine of a secret from the past, and through Charles Harrow's search they receive surprising news.

Although I enjoyed this
Lori A. Shirley
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

Wonderful

I absolutely loved this series. It covers all of your emotions and reminds you over and over that God never leaves us. Everyone should read this series.
Dad
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
My wife had listened to this on audio book and said it was a good book that dealt with Nova Scotia, where my relatives came from.
I found it a bit slow at first as it wasn't in Nova Scotia but England and Boston. Then about half way through there was a thunderstorm of events taking place and everyone was tying together. At times I didn't know how everyone was related and had a hard time keeping track of them. I don't know if that was purposeful. Anne and Thomas and Gordon and Nicole were confusi
Nadine Keels
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoughts on the entire series.

With these novels, I joined the ranks of readers who know what it is to be in the midst of a series, waiting, even with bated breath, for the next book in the series to be published.

I appreciate the style and language that Bunn clearly brought into this co-written historical fiction saga with Oke. I remember being totally engrossed and on edge during a certain crucial stretch in The Meeting Place and was floored by the unembellished end to that nerve-racking rush: “
Terri
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion of the Acadia series was a bit of a disappointment. Too many pieces and too many stories and too much running around with too many miraculous coincidences. I've enjoyed Oke's books and the reliance on God, but this concluding book took it too far and it became difficult to believe. If the twist in this book was anticipated since the beginning of the series, hints should have been placed throughout the series, not just thrown into the last book. Despite this, overall I enjoyed the ...more
Kristin
Apr 24, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kristin by: Aunt Paula
Just finished the whole series. Not the best writing ever and the stories got tedious sometimes, but interesting story premise.
Katya
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this a while back(it was gift) I have not read the series to this book,when reading this I was getting lost because I did not know what it would be,so I give it this 2 stars because I have not read the others also I did not really feel like I connect with the characters,also I love the way it was written.
F
Mar 22, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is no hold-your-attention storyplot throughout this novel. Anne, born French but raised by an English family and Nicole, born English but raised by a French family, both struggle to find peace with their roots. Nicole's fiance, Gordon Goodwind, deflects from the British navy during the Revolution and supports the American colonists. Anne's husband, Thomas Crowley, mediates a Georgetown, Nova Scotia land dispute between an English homesteader and an original French family descendant. I did ...more
Mom
Sep 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad to be at the end of this series. Some loose ends could have been tied up for me - like I would have liked to know what baby Catherine had and how her property in Massachusetts was restored. Also if Anne and Thomas decided to live in America. From the onset of the search for the missing relative left you knew it would tie everyone together somehow. But overall a good series and would recommend it to my friends to read.
Donna Bagby
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
An excellent ending to a great novel; Nicole and Anne have come full circle back to Acadia, both married. Both families have united on the shores of Acadia where there is happiness and sadness. However in the midst of it all there is also a mystery that is solved that causes a very happy ending. I encountered many different emotions upon reading this great finale.
Sandy A Devlin
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
History Captured in This Story

The story continues to keep you captive to their emotions and the turmoil of the events happening around them. The way Bunn and Oke write with such emotion and carry you through the history of the times is an art. I had a difficult time putting the book down.
Pamela T Lindau
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Song of Acadia series

I have just finished reading book #5 in this series and have loved every one of them. Each just flows from one to the next. Wonderfully written series about Nova Scotia, the British, the French and the American Revolution. Felt as if I was actually living in that time.
Loraine
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best one of them all I think. I loved the ending and the way everything came together. I especially loved how they all relied on God to help them through whatever trial they were facing. This was set during the revolutionary war and they had trials!! It's always good for me to hear about other people and their faith in God. It strengthens me and mine.
Sheila
Jan 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a historical fiction of the French Acadians and the English at the of the explusion of the French in the 1700's. The first book ist pretty slow until near the end. Then it picks up and is more bearable for the rest of the series.
It's one of those series that when there are no other new books to read, can be read over again.This is the second time I have read the series.
Elaine
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely and surprising ending to a delightful series. Only 4 stars because some of this book was too cliche for me; however, I'm glad to have read this and see the spiritual growth of the characters and learn a bit of the history of the Acadians.
Sarah Doser
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Song of Acadia series

I recommend this to anyone who thrives on historical fiction. The writer opens a door into the events of the French/British conflict in Canada by painting a viable picture of human angst turned to hope through faith.
Shelia Thompson
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful series with good information, advise and morals.

If all mankind lived a life like the characters in this series, there would be no wars or hatred. Peace would be a useful real word.
Oct 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book takes place during the American Revelution and it focus on a family who has connections in Canada, Enland and the Americas, and how this challenge was met. The book illustrate the challenges of this family as one or more of their members travel to these areas.
Eleanor Erdman
Apr 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read.

A good book about faith. A story about true friendship. A great love story about two different people.A story about the French and British war. A story with a happy ending.
Odetta
I almost didn't listen to this book after Book 4, but I am glad I did. I definitely liked the way this book summed up the series.
Danni
Apr 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love histoical fiction. this is a wonderful book about the revolutionary war.
April
Jul 31, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Good ending to the series. Not a perfect ending, but it fits nicely.
Georgianne
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was wonderful series with a lot of spiritual depth. I am going to miss these beloved characters!
Shannon
Mar 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults who like religious romance
Recommended to Shannon by: adults who like religious romance
Two girls Anne in England and the Nicole in Boston, during the last days of the American Revolution. When they each receive a letter that takes them on a journey to the Land of their childhood home.
Connie Ray
Loved it

Great story of how love finds a way, if you put your trust, faith in our Heavenly Father. He always knows what is best .
Connie
I love this series.
Christine
I loved the other books but this one took me more than a week to finish...that should say all.
Jonette Finley
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love their faith in God.

The characters in these book are amazing. The description of the time and place, makes me feel I was there. Great job to the authors and thank you!
Gloria
Books 2-4 in series better than 1 and 5. But interesting still. Acadia were really good. I am glad I ended up reading all 5
Christen
Feb 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING
  • The Solitary Envoy (Heirs of Acadia, #1)
  • Janette Oke: A Heart for the Prairie
  • The Eleventh Hour (Secret of the Rose, #1)
  • The Reapers Song (Red River of the North, #4)
  • The Rescue (The English Garden, #2)
  • Jewels for a Crown (Victorian Serenade #3)
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • The Damascus Way (Acts of Faith, #3)
  • Rivers of Gold (Yukon Quest, #3)
Janette Oke writes with a profound simplicity of what she knows best—real life, honest love, and lasting values. With over 23 million in sales, her historical novels portray the lives of early North American settlers from many walks of life and geographical settings. She also writes engaging children's stories and inspiring gift books that warm the heart.

Janette was born during the depression year
More about Janette Oke

Song of Acadia (5 books)
  • The Meeting Place (Song of Acadia, #1)
  • The Sacred Shore (Song of Acadia, #2)
  • The Birthright (Song of Acadia, #3)
  • The Distant Beacon (Song of Acadia, #4)

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
  • The Wednesday Sisters
  • Allie and Bea
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Shanghai Girls (Shanghai Girls #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • All the Summer Girls
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Girl From the Train
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Winds (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters, #3)
  • If I Loved You, I Would Tell You This
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Fear of Flying
    $19.99 $1.99
  • The Grass Is Singing
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Misremembered Man (Tailorstown #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Uncertain Season
  • The Odyssey
  • And After the Fire
    $11.49 $1.99
  • The House of Impossible Beauties
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Virtuous Woman (Oprah's Book Club)
    $15.95 $1.99
  • Unsaid
  • The Wake Up
  • Post Office
    $11.24 $1.99
  • For Every Season: Book Three in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series
    $11.99 $2.99
  • One Night in Winter: A Novel (P.S.)
  • Those Who Save Us
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Tangled Vines (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Book 2)
  • The Lake House
  • No One Can Pronounce My Name
  • Hate List
  • Husbands and Other Sharp Objects
  • Hidden
  • Mystery Walk
  • Galway Bay
    $11.99 $3.99
“you of all have the most to forgive.” “Ah, and if so,” he responded, “I have the most blessing to receive after I’ve done so.” 1 likes
“This is life in a fallen world, where wars come and go, where nations rage and people cry in torment. We must be strong, not in ourselves, but in Him. And trust that His love and His wisdom and His light will see us through.” 1 likes