Start by marking “See Dane Run” as Want to Read:
See Dane Run

Dane E. Rauschenberg

See Dane Run

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Story of one person running 52 marathons in 52 weekends in 2006 while working full time and raising money for charity.
Published December 17th 2008 by The Experience Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about See Dane Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See Dane Run

Ellen
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, non-fiction, running
I enjoyed reading about all the different marathon courses, the variation in elevation, terrain and weather as well as the author's individual challenges for each one. The fact that Rauschenberg was able to run 52 marathons in a year, one each week, is amazing in and of itself. Add on to that the logistics in scheduling, travel and fundraising for L'Arche while working a 50-hour a week job and you have someone who is focused, driven and dedicated to reaching whatever goal he sets for himself.

The
Bennjamin
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
It is always nice to read a first-person account of long distance running. Dane's fortitude and resilience is compelling. I think the book would have been more enjoyable to read if it had been proofread a bit closer, however.
Meg
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: running
I really enjoyed reading Dane's personal and honest account of his year spent running a marathon every weekend while still working a 50-hr/wk job. I gave this 4 stars because I liked the book. If I had rated it based on editing and proofreading, it would have received a negative 4 stars...
Tammy Ikram
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this when I met him at a marathon expo. He ran for a great cause. Well written and gives insights to lots of marathon courses.
Ggbmama
Oct 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wow what an amazing book, great about general knowledge of running, I was able to apply some of the princibles.
Billy Taylor
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it

Dane share his experience through concise easy flowing text. I enjoyed his first book and look forward to reading his next endeavor.
Jeff Davenport
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Excellent running book. More than just a documentary of his Fiddy2 experience, doing 52 marathons in 52 weekends. Lots of good info for runners but entertaining for all.
Christine Nagle