Start by marking “Raising Witches: Teaching the Wiccan Faith to Children” as Want to Read:
Raising Witches: Teaching the Wiccan Faith to Children

Raising Witches: Teaching the Wiccan Faith to Children

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The first book to give parents the means to teach wicca in a more formal fashion than just "chatting with the kids" around the kitchen table. Offers a variety of sample lessons, charms, songs, guided meditations, and practical ideas for educational activities.
Published October 15th 2002 by New Page Books (first published October 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Raising Witches, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising Witches

Taylor
Nov 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
This little book is full of great ideas to use if you are trying to raise a Pagan (or even just an Earth-Centered) child. Certainly it would be each parent's responsibility to pick and choose what makes the most sense for their own child/ren and family, but that's always the way with parenting books.

The best aspect of this book is O'Gaea's concept of "Regency Parenting". That we are acting as our children's regents until the time that the are fully capable of taking care of themselves. This doe
Lori Notknown
Mar 08, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was a waste of time and money, unfortunately. Sure, it had a couple nice chants, a little worthy advice here or there. But in the grand scheme, it really came across to me as a parenting how to book. For someone who has THREE children, I got bored very quickly.
Kathy Smith
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
I was recently rereading this book, it has parenting advice that I feel is a bit new age. Along with chants, crafts, basic rituals, and ideas on how to teach your kids about wheel of the year, elements, and the directions.
I am uncomfortable about the idea of the child skyclad circle. that idea is introduced later in the book.
Colleen
Guided meditations,practical ideas for educational activities. It includes a glossary and a recommended reading lists.Detailed discussions. Raising Witches finally gives parents the means to communicate the rudiments of their faith to their children.
Alexandra Chauran
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well organized by age. I've already implemented some of the content of this book and will revisit it as my children grow.
Jaye Sudar
Oct 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
This is a good companion book to Family Wicca. I would have really enjoyed having this book 15- 20 years ago. For me, it is much better than Circle Round.
Andre
Nov 26, 2010 added it
i think this book would look good for my children,so then they don`t get the wrong idea of being a witch.
JFJ15
  • The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual
  • A Pagan Ritual Prayer Book
  • Hedge Witch: A Guide to Solitary Witchcraft
  • 21st Century Wicca: A Young Witch's Guide to Living the Magical Life
  • Celebrating the Great Mother: A Handbook of Earth-Honoring Activities for Parents and Children
  • The Provenance Press Guide to the Wiccan Year: A Year Round Guide to Spells, Rituals, and Holiday Celebrations
  • The Mysteries of Druidry: Celtic Mysticism, Theory & Practice
  • Real Witches' Craft
  • Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring
  • Cakes and Ale for the Pagan Soul: Spells, Recipes, and Reflections from Neopagan Elders and Teachers
  • City Magick: Urban Rituals, Spells, and Shamanism